What does Jow Forums think of American suburbs?

What does Jow Forums think of American suburbs?

Attached: 1_Y_Ul9W-qd4j68vkQduORHg.jpg (500x331, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@41.8206674,-87.8633252,3a,75y,260.18h,94.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOJLyHu3dGbkO2n4Sw3JtHg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
google.com/maps/@42.7254519,-84.5503907,3a,75y,167.9h,73.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIigY_nlmQiLbodmJW3nsmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

peak civilization

Seems comfy yet a bit bland

I have seen only 1 of these in my entire life, true story

Insectiod tier.

Attached: 1560427968521.jpg (1250x1000, 991K)

Attached: 1557424661438.png (464x466, 150K)

given the choice of living in an urban hellhole or rural middle of nowhere this just seems like the worse of both worlds

from a personal experience they’re quite comfy. my grandparents used to live in a suburb and spent the night there a lot when i was a kid. it was safe and the neighbors were nice. my grandmother used to go on walks and she never had any problems as far as i know. nothing was run down and there was even a park within walking distance.

Man i love monopoly

currently living in one rn ama

anytown usa look dystopian as fuck to me

It's not like the shit that gets posted in these threads resembles typical housing here at all anyway, though I'm sure they have convinced many Jow Forums denizens otherwise.

Note I actually despise the suburban lifestyle and wish for at least 95% of them to be destroyed. But it must be said the problem isn't even half as bad as these threads make it out to be.

>house without a big yard
That's just pointless.

I don't know. I guess they're ok.
I mean, they look aesthetically pleasing to me.

I lived ina British suburb for a year. It's pretty comfy, the only downside is that the closest grocery store is a few kilometers away.

terrible, not because of the design, but because they are full of amerimutts

Not somewhere I could live

Where are the trees?

You tell us what living in suburbs like. For instance i've never been to America how i'm supposed to know something about things like that.

Much better than a fucking commieblock.

I live in a neighborhood made up of mostly townhouses
it's basically the same thing

Is it comfy to live in suburb without car?

Everything is better than a commieblock.

this

>without a car
lmao, no
only in major cities is not having a car viable
from where I live, it takes 2 miles to walk to the nearest supermarket

It is impossible. The nearest shop is usually around 10 minutes away with a car. Walking is technically possible, but it would just be too much after a while.

Living in own house is more expensive than in commieblock.

why show that awful pic?

>car breaks down
>can't go to work, or anywhere

Try zooming in and see how they look on the ground. They look awful from the sky but in person they're very comfy

Nigga that's literally everywhere none of that is exclusive to suburbs.

>no shops
>no facilities
no thanks

That's what i'm talking about. I have about 5 supermarkets like 7/11 in 10 minutes near me.
I have subway station, there is big park, there are many cafe, my school was 2 minutes from my commieblock. living in commieblock has own benefits.

Suburbs made after WWII are cancer.

Are there any shops, cinemas, parks or literally anything else in the distance or do you have to drive to the city?

plastic homes in fabricated conditions for plastic people in a fabricated country

Attached: 1551023941324.jpg (500x333, 15K)

I live in the suburbs its the best

Suburbs in pic related I think are a Californian thing, I've never lived in one like that. My suburb is very easy to walk around and so are all the others I've lived in.

Yes prole! This is the American way! Much better than those drab apartment blocks the evil communists have right? Now get back to watching the Kardashians, you have work tomorrow and you've used up your 5 yearly vacation days taking care of your children when they were sick.

depends on the suburb

I live in suburbs and there's 1 cinema, 2-3 parks (1 is more of a playground for kids), and countless shops in walking distance.

My parents suburb where I grew up? several parks, handful of shops and no cinemas I know of.

Where are all americans living in american commieblocks? Where are inhabitants of Quince, Brooklyn?
Why do only suburbers happen on this board?

Sounds like all of the new world

>the entire continent is the same

it sucks.
source: i live in one

countrycucks are outside hunting/fishing/drinking at bars
citycucks are enjoying the billion things to do in a city

New world include Australia and new Zealand aswell.
But yes, it all tends to be souless, all interesting architecture belongs to the Europeans, we haven't innovated anything interesting here and most of us live in urban sprawl, or favelas for you boys in Latam

Suburbs have ugly apartment buildings too. This is where I live:
google.com/maps/@41.8206674,-87.8633252,3a,75y,260.18h,94.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOJLyHu3dGbkO2n4Sw3JtHg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Does it count? Or not tall enough?

prewar/early postwar north american suburbs are comfy
post 70s suburbs are hell though
t. lives in 70s suburb

Attached: d877b1ac5ff9203cc35928c978059362.jpg (1920x951, 535K)

>
there's nothing plalstic, efficient nor fabricated in sudacaland m8, everything is just improvised, is the reason we're poor

Attached: chiloe-700x220.png (700x220, 323K)

that's not a commieblock
THIS is a commieblock

Attached: fb56108e54c2f9b00df2cde20936a52a.jpg (1920x951, 351K)

W-well, only 3 floors. but why not. yes it counts.

>posts a .5% representation of sudaca housing
>Ignores 99.5% of generic sprawl

Attached: gettyimages-638564100-640x640.jpg (640x360, 320K)

I prefer them to ugly 70's commie blocks in overcrowded cities with smelly streets full of migrants

Oh, that's much better, looks like commieblock much more.
But for real commieblock district it should be multiplicity of buildings like that.

>implying south america is as urbanized as the first world
we fucking wish

And the rest live like this.

Attached: chungungo-pueblo-chile-2401gr.jpg (1100x733, 169K)

there are multiple, just obscured in the picture

Attached: 1561501782797.jpg (1920x951, 440K)

hmmm

Attached: 425141289576.png (805x713, 65K)

I lived in a suburb like this, from the ground level its much nicer looking. This was like 15 minutes away from the supermarket by car, but that's sort of the idea.

Attached: mybirthhouse.jpg (640x480, 97K)

>1 Bedroom Apartment
>$1219/mo (!!)

OK I get the "Block" part but where's the "Commie"?

and what is plastic about this
quite the opposite really

humans aren't meant to live like this

Attached: 21342134321.jpg (1023x682, 214K)

>Half the homes made of aluminum
>The other half seem to be made of cheap quick dry plaster resulting in ugly subpar painting
Also look @ this

Is it expensive?

To me it seems way expensive, 1 bedroom for $1219?

Apparently that's $925 USD though, but I had a 2 bedroom for $685. You'd hope that a "commie" block is at least cheap

>2 bedrooms for $685
100% sure it wasn't in a big city

>individual ownership
>insectoid
Fuck off, apartment-renting faggot

i'm not talking about the materials, it's about the conditions of housing, in the first world is about the urbanization is completely different m8, middle class bourgeoise going to live secluded from the rest in safe and pristine neighborhoods made by some company from scratch
in the 3rd world it comes from the migration from the rural parts to the few relevant cities, living in shitty conditions but organic nonetheless

The consequence of horrible city planning. It's just a gigantic residential zone with one type of building where you need to drive a long distance to the nearest strip mall for your groceries.

American city planning is horrible in general, especially the further you go west.
>No public tranportation
>No mixed urban zones
>No ability to walk anywhere
Imagine living in the middle of Suburbia and not owning a car. No wonder poverty is moving into Suburbia, it's incredibly fucking expensive to live there even if housing is cheap.

Pretty awful.

It was in Lansing, the CAPITAL of Michigan! 5-10 minute to downtown

It was 5 years ago though, apparently now they are under new management (used to be owned by just a mom and pop) and a 2 bedroom cost $815 nowadays. Still better than that Canadian 'commie block' which cost $925 just for 1 bedroom

Here the apartment I had, right in the middle of Lansing, Michigan and less than a mile to the capitol building:
google.com/maps/@42.7254519,-84.5503907,3a,75y,167.9h,73.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sIigY_nlmQiLbodmJW3nsmA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Holy fuck they weren't joking about the michigan roads

One of my coworkers was from Palestine (Catholic), he told me they "don't belong in a first world country". Never forgot it

Are you implying you can't own a flat?

Nigfa ever traveled from your airport to your capital? Its full of those fabricated american suburbs

The prefab towns are bland as shit. However, burbs with different looking houses and non-straight roads are really comfy and fun to live in.

NOBODY LIE
SUBURBIA IS BEST UTOPIA

YOU HAVE EVERYTHING FOR CHEAP
YOU HAVE EVERYTHING SAFE
YOU HAVE
EVERYTHING
WHAT ELSE COULD YOU
WANT

You wanna walk?
What r u a faget???????????????
DRIVE UR SUVUVUVUUVUUVUV

dog bles :DDDDD