Does your country use a lot of vegetable oils in home cooking? What about in native cuisine restaurant cooking?

Does your country use a lot of vegetable oils in home cooking? What about in native cuisine restaurant cooking?

Finland. No. No.

Attached: ruokaoljyja_shutterstock_414404056.jpg (600x600, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/articles/ijo200821.pdf
chriskresser.com/natures-most-potent-superfood/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Extra virgin olive oil only.
Other vegetal oils for frying cause of burning point and cost of olive.
When not olives, it's pork fat and, in the north, butter quite as much as olive oil

Traditionally American cuisine uses butter or lard more than vegetable oil, but since Italian and Greek immigrants came here olive oil has gotten more popular.

We go through a lot of imported olive oil

Your country is a ghost-state to Morocco.

olive oil and lard

Japan's consumption of olive oil has increased by 1400% since 1990

Attached: table2.gif (1608x801, 60K)

Rapeseed grows like fuck here and its oil cheap and good

Colza, corn and olive oil are the most popular

>cheap and good

A lot of people here think it's made of cancer and that we should use olive oil instead.

Daily reminder that Spain make the best olive oil.

I bet it's because it has the word rape in it

Canola is based. Mild taste and high smoke point.

the VIRGIN olive oil

vs

the Chad RAPE seed oil

>Rape
>Seed
Kek

That also make the most by a very large margin

Yes and no, we sell rapeseed as "canola oil" (Canada Oil) here so no one knows it's rape-y

pork fat, cow fat and sunflower oil
olive oil is for pretentious fucks and women
i tried making something with it and its nothing spectacular as it is advertised
besides, its mainly for fish and i dont like fish

We use a lot of sunflower oil which is supposedly super not healthy.

Attached: olio-slanchogledovo9.jpg (600x350, 54K)

Yes, extra virgin olive oil for salad dressing.
Sunflower oil for dressing and frying, since it's cheaper then olive oil.
I personally use both of them, plus peanut oil and sesame oil for wok cooking.

>super not healthy
Why? here it's considered the opposite

Finland is so shit at food. Add black pepper and someone inevitably complains it's too spicy.

OLIVE OIL = ambrosia
RAPE SEED OIL = poison
remember.

I use olive oil in my cooking, but I’m surprised that it’s soybeans that get used the most.

Attached: C8AC7FF7-393F-4688-A773-76A5E2893095.jpg (750x991, 159K)

what is peanut oil like? i tried heating peanuts on a frying pant when i was a kid, thinking it would make them crispy, but instead they became hot and oily, like they were made from iron or something, it was that hard to cool them down
they are packed with energy
i just keep wondering where are all the sunflowers
it must be made from crude oil, it wouldnt surprise me one bit

palm oil, peanut oil, corn oil.

Peanut oil has a very high smoke point, so you can stir fry vegetables in a heated wok. It doesn't have much taste.
I use sesame oil at that last part of wok cooking

cook/fry peanuts without any oil until the soft skin can be remove by rubbing them against your thumb, remove their skins, blend them, not too much in one time or else it'll become peanut butter, crush them again in heat to extract the oil.

Also, sesame oil has a very strong flavor

Sesame oil is delicious and tastes great

I’m surprised that men who have just enough brain cells to know anything about cooking exist, it’s like seeing a monkey learn how to count.

Uhh forgot to say why I'm surveying this is because I think I discovered the reason for obesity epidemic: vegetable oils. Like user above said Japan has seen massive increase in its consumption since 90's, and I have now established Punjabi Paradox theorem based on how vegetable oil consumption has increased from 2L per capita in 1980 to 18L in 2014 in India. Haven't found numbers for Punjabi specifically. Anyways Punjab is one of the most obese and heart diseased areas in world. I've also found research in epidemology done in China establishing link to vegetable oil consumption and obesity, and hard science on cellular pathways establishing that those oils are absorbed efficiently.

All those and that vegetable oil consumption in world in general has risen sharply and it's in everywhere, especially in processed foods and fastfood. There was an short Arkisto documentary where I noticed in 1960's vegetable oils in Finland were not even part of diet, and obesity was nonexistant. Anyways this is shaping into nice little theory. If you could be a little more specific in where, how often and how much you use those oils in your traditional cuisines I could look into interesting data points supporting or trashing this budding theory. Thanks for helping me even a little.

Attached: 1559584977228.png (557x691, 320K)

t. oblivious sand nigress

Either proxy or idiot, I'm surprised aswell anyways, I thought all'd you eat werecamel sandwich with sand snacks.

>home cooking
for cooking sunflower oil or rape oil

proof that portugal is not med

People mainly use sunflower oil here. More rarely late, olive oil and butter.
I'm a ketoCHAD so I use huge quantities of EVOO, lard, coconut oil and butter each month

>rape oil
back to Bulgaria

Butter or a mixture of butter and rapeseed

>Olive oil
>Fish
You've been brainwashed. Butter goes with the fish.

Is this for uni?

For fun and sanity because everyone is claiming all kinds of things for reasons of obesity when it could be this fucking obvious all along. Vegetable oils simply weren't a thing until very recently. If it ever come to anything viable I might shitpost it to Arxív for approval.

I'd like to see the results of you ever came up with anything substantial.

>USA
>No
>No

Butter/lard. Also excessive portions. That's why everyone is fat as fuck. Good thing me and my family don't buy into American diet and portions.

wasnt it sugar

Yes, that too. Thing is vegetable oils are grossly underestimated factor. I've found one epidemology and nutrition study with misleading title to support my hypothesis nature.com/articles/ijo200821.pdf

I assume vegetable oils are not studied for their obesity link because they have been memed as a healthy alternative to animal fats. Still there is one thing now that wasn't 30 years ago when obesity crisis began and that is wide-spread consumption of vegetable oils. It's encouraged as a healthy habit even. Sugar consumption began rising already in 1800s and flatlined by 1980s and has even gone down. However its effect on metabolic pathways is clear so there is no denying it's an factor in obesity. But it can't be the sole explanation.

Might be some truth to sv3rige and the meat dietitians.
Humans aren't supposed to consume vegetable products. We can't digest it properly.
I have no idea what the science behind this would be, though.

Basically only vegetable oil nowadays.
Most common is the oil of sunflowers. followed by olive oil and in some regions pumpkin seed oil is most popular.

Using animal fat or butter used to be the way to go but is now only rarely done.

>Humans aren't supposed to consume vegetable products.
We are and we need.
Meat alone can't sustain us actually long term because we will encounter a lack of vitamins (like vitamin c which will lead to scorbut).
You can on the otherhand live without eating meat at all.
It's possible to be a vegetarian tho without suplements it's not possible to be vegan.
So without animal products at least we can't live either.

You get vitamine C from liver.

We use a lot of olive oil
t.californian

Maybe people just started to eat more and move less.
But that's just like my oppinion.

When I was a child I didn't have a computer and only had a N64 with three games. Of course I finnished those games in long gaming sessions.
But after a week that shit is boring. SO the main time I spent playing outside with friends. This amount of movement is much less common nowadays than it was for example 20 years ago.

Sparetime activity happens more and more for people at home gaming and surfing online.

Vegetables are one thing, vegetable oil is different thing. And sv3riges food theories are full of shit, except that veganism leads to malnutrion over time which is true. He took that realisation and went full opposite for no good reason. Still, interesting experiment he has going there and he is not without merits, his ex-vegan interviews are great.

Flag
A ton of olive oil.

I see.

I bet you use shitty olive oil

What liver exactly?
Just been checking your statement on google.
Liver is a good food but it doesn't seem to contain vitamin c.

I already checked the livers of: Fish, Ox, pig, chicken and alike, cow and lamb

we put olive oil on everything here

Attached: butter her up.jpg (600x400, 35K)

Liver contains B12, C, A, E, D, K

source
Not even Wikipedia mentioned any Vitamin C content in any liver.

Obviously they are different. Vegetable oils are highly processed and you get miniscule amount of those from just eating normal edible plants. Almost all typically consumed plants have close to zero oil in them, olives maybe only exception and I doubt meds even eat those all that much.

Ok I found it.

first from Wikipedia on vitamin c:
"Animal-sourced foods do not provide much vitamin C, and what there is, is largely destroyed by the heat of cooking. For example, raw chicken liver contains 17.9 mg/100 g, but fried, the content is reduced to 2.7 mg/100 g. Chicken eggs contain no vitamin C, raw or cooked.[79] Vitamin C is present in human breast milk at 5.0 mg/100 g and 6.1 mg/100 g in one tested sample of infant formula, but cow's milk contains only 1.0 mg/ 100 g"

Then from google:
"For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary vitamin C is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitamin C supplements might cause: Diarrhea. Nausea."

Lets take the minimum of the need of 65mg sutisfied by 360g of raw liver daily.

I suppose this is not practicable and also not recomended to eat raw liver.
Neither is it to drink 6,5l of milk daily.

Beef liver.
Fish meat also contain small amounts.
chriskresser.com/natures-most-potent-superfood/

Attached: Screenshot_20190626-200545.jpg (1440x2431, 363K)

Nothing wrong with raw liver, my dude.

Also, I'm not saying that eating non animal products are bad, its just something I think we might be overconsuming

I don't know how the daily meal looks in sweden.
But here it's always meat. Usually pork or chicken.
Meat is a important protein source and I eat it every day to every meal.
But I also do very physical labour and actually benefit well from it that you can see on my steel body.

Tho I think for a person that just sits around all day it is not needed to eat this amount of meat. In specially are proteins more difficult to use by the body for energy to carbohydrates and if those aren't needed for building your steel body than you just shit them out.
So you have no gain from eating meat actually and can also just eat a bread insteed.

No we use good quality stuff, even imported from Spain and Italy.

Can't believe Hitler was actually Brit turning people into oil

Those who ruin a steak by cooking it with olive oil instead of butter should be shot on the spot

Attached: yn0ixz0n2x001.png (2778x1389, 120K)

This is true.

why is it only us that use butter a lot?

Attached: 10552391_1046651632023104_7918677876501474028_n.jpg (539x539, 30K)

Not only vegetable and olive oil also pig fat and general any animal fat.