Australia is, to me, one of the strangest, most fascinating countries on Earth...

Australia is, to me, one of the strangest, most fascinating countries on Earth, probably the strangest english speaking one. It ranks high in most standard of living and economic rankings, and it seems to be almost completely rural except for Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Perth; just like Canada seems to be mostly untouched wilderness and small towns except for Toronto, Vancouver and maybe Quebec or Montreal. I don't say this in a pejorative way, it's just that in most countries rural seems to be synonym of poor, underdeveloped and dangerous (in both a human and animal sense)

This idea sparked in my mind just now, after I watched this documentary (Yes, Vice does make a good, unbiased doc once in a while)
youtu.be/gxUTl_xd9u0

I'd like to know more about Australia, please. Anything. It is just so interesting and different to what I'm used to. t. city-dweller who's never gone camping, fishing or anything like that

Attached: Australia.png (330x303, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/i011m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>and it seems to be almost completely rural except for Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Perth;
Most of the population lives in the city.

>just like Canada seems to be mostly untouched wilderness and small towns except for Toronto, Vancouver and maybe Quebec or Montreal. I don't say this in a pejorative way, it's just that in most countries rural seems to be synonym of poor, underdeveloped and dangerous (in both a human and animal sense)
That remains true. Farmers and Queenslands receive all sorts of federal subsidies and gibs to keep them afloat and are as whole less developed than individual cities.

>I'd like to know more
>more
You know jack shit in the first place

We're one of the most urbanised countries in the world

This. I have literally never been to the outback. My entire life consists of this concrete prison.

>and it seems to be almost completely rural except for Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Perth;
lmao Perth is the most rural. drive a few hours out of Perth and you find red dirt.
>just like Canada seems to be mostly untouched wilderness and small towns except for Toronto
Because most of our land is inhospitable

Northern WA is something you definitely need to see. Imagine a combination of red dirt and crystal clear sea water

What's there to know? Poostraulia's so irrelevant they haven't even ventured past their coastal safe zones to industrialize the rest of their huge chunk of shit land. Even New Zealand is more relevant and beloved worldwide.

Ok Amigo

Colony drop when

I'm in straya now shitposting but since I'm on roaming, my flag is unchanged.

Why are mexicans always so edgy? We're having a good thread here fuck off
>inb4 soyjak

Love you too babe

You're not Australia

Western peasants had good lives usually, proner to save money and invest in lands. Nowadays it's a bit different in yurop at least, romanian pigs cost a bit less than netherlands/german/french pigs so there is that. I guess it's the same for australia, hardworking people, some inbreds in the lots of course but overall rational, pragmatic bunch. I'd love to work in backward straya.

normans coming back after the ip ban really going for bait arent they

Attached: bert.jpg (240x180, 7K)

Bit rich coming from a filthy spic.

They're Anglos in a desert

If you want a place that's like Australia and has the exact same culture but shittier weather, less career opportunities, higher suicide rates, lower HDI, lower quality of life index, no economic or political influence/relevance and no natural resources then boy do I have the destination for you!

Why are new zealanders like this? You live in one of the best countries in the world

australia is worse, go to NZ it's a beautiful country you wouldn't like australia

everything I said in that post is an objective fact which you can look up
the ones with numeric values would be the easiest to compare so I would start with them first

Attached: lol.png (813x698, 129K)

streamable.com/i011m
This is all you need to know m8

My gf and I are both surgeons. How hard would it be to immigrate to Australia and live in a suburban boomer neighbourhood?