Religion

I once siriously wanted to convert to Islam, more specificly to its Shia branch. Technically I even did so by pronouncing the relevant words aka shahada, but basically never practised the religion.

Then by time I realized it would be incredibly stupid, simply because I do not believe in God (not that I reject the posibility of his existence but more because I cannot see why would he care about people praying or fasting or doing some other more crazy stuff).

In fact if shiites really believed some things salafis often accuse them of (like Ali being the god, ta7reef, tanasu5 etc etc) I'd prolly join them.

Consequences:
1) I feel a bit relevant to ex-muslim groups because I once was technically a muslim
2) I dislike sunni muslims
3) I dislike the Iranian regime because they signed up for problems of fakestinians instead of helping their shia bros and other things I disapprove

Dunno why would I even tell this story here, most likely it won't receive any replies because it's some boring crap LMFAO. Anyw did any of you lads had similar experience with Islam or other religion you weren't born into? Or maybe some of you actually embraced Islam?

Attached: 69968344_484925025419084_4202982518292480000_n.jpg (480x358, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_New_Testament_manuscripts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Ali being the god
Alawites believe this

I'm Shia
I will answer your qurions if you have any

I was born muslim became an anti-religion atheist. Then I grew up and realized my name is Mohamed and my middle name is Ahmed and the west is going to hate me no matter what also the amount of hatred muslims is ridiculous and unjustified so I'm going to study to become an Imam and do everything I can to spread Islam in America

Why would you guys come to such an unholy website full of haram matirials (like naked girls, talking about sex all the time etc)?

I started off on /b/ then /sci/, /lit/ and /mu/ then I went on Jow Forums and became a tard, then I went back to Islam and now I occasionally go on Jow Forums cause I got curious about the other boards and semi like this one

I am a retard so it's okay
Same

There are still maronites over Lebanon?
How are they?

Why don't you lean towards christianity and particularly christian orthodoxy since it's the most common church in your area ?

Yes there are
They spend their times partying and drinking , it's all good

Because it used to be involved with the tsarist regime in the past and now is collaborating with Putin.

How you feel about your Maronite brothers dominating Brazil's politics, economics and academia with the Japanese and the Jews?

>There are still maronites over Lebanon?
Pretty sure they're still the biggest group

There are Shias too , don't exclude us , we are just few
I feel proud and happy

No , they are the biggest group outside of Lebanon
We are the biggest group inside

My parents aren't religious so I wasn't brought up with any religion but there's no reason why I would become religious

Based Slovakian user but blue pilled

What do you aknowbout the druzes, are they really that different from shias?

Druze are a sect that doesn't allow conversion to them , they say that they atarted from Shia but they believe in reincarnation , and no one can read their holy book except Druze who are 40 years old

I went from this:

Atheism > Shia Islam > Salafism > mainstream sunnism

I'm mainstream traditional sunni for several years now.

I knew a shia muslim, extremely religious, following everything to the letter. Really kind & good guy honestly, but all his life was somewhat directed by stupid restrictions made by shia scholars

>Druze are a sect that doesn't allow conversion to them
Yea I know this

>no one can read their holy book except Druze who are 40 years old
Lol I cannot believe it wasn't leaked and exposed. There are around 1 million of them, someone would do that already.

In fact all religions are a waste of life imo. People fuck their lives over some nonsense. That why I eventually dismissed it.

Shi'ism is more about politics than it is genuine belief in God.

No compulsion in religion my ruskie fren
T. Sunni

you can say the same about christianity, it's just used for votes, none of the politicians really believe in it

Does anyone here have an experience with sufism? Their whirling seems to be pretty based

I was heavily considering Islam until I got stuck on the whole thing about the Bible being corrupted and Jews and Christians straying from true religion, which caused me to go back and study Christianity and Judaism in much more depth. What I found is that the Bible is actually the single best attested work we have in the west more so than any ancient Greek or Roman work, we have so many early documents and fragments and manuscripts and we keep finding more even in the past 50-100 years, and largely translations were faithful to the original languages and weren't heavily edited like Muslims imply. When I saw that the Bible actually had way more scriptural evidence than the Quran, I pretty much couldn't take the Quran seriously anymore.

Just to get a hint of how much Bible evidence we have, here is an incomplete lists of lists of bible fragments/manuscripts/etc. and that's just for the New Testament. I'm not saying this an argument for Christianity, just that the Islamic historical argument about other scripture being corrupted has not held water.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_New_Testament_manuscripts

you sound unstable