/celt/

comfy edition

Attached: celt-warriors.jpg (3050x2000, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0eZ16Ddt-U
threadreaderapp.com/thread/1067554326598508544.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Death to america
Death to israel
A curse upon the jews

not going to deal with the other thread's rubbish

Attached: 1547958360626.webm (480x480, 2.36M)

erhm
*taps big "NO NON-CELT" sign*

Attached: obé.png (1000x900, 96K)

ydi rhywun yma yn siarad cymraeg?

isn't doug partially scottish?

still peckish lads
might have some minestrone

fajitas almost read ylads

Attached: 1552248946689.jpg (400x558, 197K)

celtic ethnostate ok not celtic civic nationalist state praise toutatis

thats not very celtish.

for the last 500 years 70% of Scotlands population is Germanic lowlander and norn.

how many locals do you know that actually speak breton? and is there a brittany accent or dialect that differentiates how you sound compared to the rest of france?
what's brittany's relationship with neighbouring normandy like?

are yanks allowed in this thread because we're all irish

/eire/ died because it was an anime hellhole
/brit/ is beginning to die now because of tripnonces
let /celt/ be the general that survives, under the strong paternal guidance of Brythonic masters

k, doesnt answer my question

he means no. fuck off yank

celts are meds

Attached: ioan.jpg (480x320, 19K)

didnt ask you, was asking him. kindly let the fella answer.

is this the new? am actually welsh btw

post eyes

not sure if im celt or not.

all my grandparents and most really old people do, you also have quite a few children learning it, had a classmate who could speak it fluently
as a general rule it's for the very old and the very young and us poor rootless boomers only know how to say hello, goodbye, cheers and the likes

friendly rivalry not too dissimilar to the french-brit relationship

Attached: come home white man.jpg (3189x2126, 3.21M)

can not be arsed with posting on /brit/ when it's just schizo, eddie, and yanks ruining the place

>Celt? Butch it.

Attached: flag3.jpg (1068x601, 104K)

Attached: eye.jpg (1761x1633, 1.14M)

do you speak gaelic or welsh?

neither

your pic related looks a lot like some Welsh towns
i'm glad the language is still alive amongst some people, sad that it's not that thriving amongst the young. hopefully there's a big local effort to revive the language in schools in the near future. would like for breton and cornish to make a comeback

Attached: llandudno.jpg (1024x768, 173K)

you aren't then.
learn one and you will be.

was surprised to learn that Leanne Wood can't speak welsh lmao

hm ok thanks

looks like my eye. you pass.
where in ireland is your family from

Not a fan of Celts.

Attached: fff.jpg (236x218, 9K)

is the auld alliance jus based off mutual seething towards the alliance or has there been some romanticism of french culture in scotland, or scottish culture in france, because of it?

cheers big fella the family is from cork

>is the auld alliance jus based off mutual seething towards the alliance
i meant is it just based off mutual seething towards the english
i need to double check what i write before posting

Attached: brane.png (621x702, 56K)

some Scottish towns were founded in france. and Scottish people had the right to live in france up until the 20th century, the country also had special trading deals. Charles de gaulle said it was a really strong friendship although I am not sure most people even know it existed now.

it was originally made to combat English aggression.

indeed, felt right at home in western and northern uk, when you leave the ugly red bricks for good old stone and slate
shall definitely be putting my hypothetical children in a breton/french dual school

Attached: IMG_0541.jpg (4032x3024, 1.9M)

scotland's got some interesting historical trivia. found it neat how some of the best mercenary companies in europe were Scottish companies, and they would be hired for, and fight for, numerous countries for centuries, often leaving some scottish legacy in the countries they fought in

gauls be gone!

The thirty year war was based in this regard desu

gauls? based
franks? cringe

scottish nationalism is kinda silly saying as half of the country (lowlands) is ethnically identical to the english fellas to the south.

yeah. 1/3 of swedens army came from Scotland at that time.
not really. they spent the last 700 years fighting each other, spoke a different language and wrote many books that said the English were genetically inferior.

didn't know what the Welsh word for horn or 'tis was.
might need to brush up on my welsh vocab tbqh. i've got this weird fantasy in my head of one day writing a book in the welsh language, but i'll definitely need to improve what i know since most of my vocab is just conversational and casual welsh

scottish nationalism and independece opens up many interesting possibilities for scotland's future
right now the SNP are the flag-bearers for this cause, and while they're a horrible cuckish party, in an independent Scotland, i could imagine new parties forming, with much more based messages and ideologies

>they spent the last 700 years fighting each other
and the english spent 500 years fighting eachother before unifying into a single entity, doesn't mean much
>spoke a different language
so did the english more or less. the wessexian dialect of Anglo-Saxon was different enough from the northumbrian dialect to nearly constitute a different language, language was further complicated when the scandinavians and normans came
>wrote many books that said the English were genetically inferior
you lot still do that to a lesser extent, what are norf fc memes if not a tame version of that

when did the English fight to unify the English?

didnt say that, said they fought eachother until they unified. didnt say the unification came around from fighting other english.

the unification came from foreigners conquering them and forcing them into one state. this happened multiple times.

ulster-scots are an interesting race. once lowland scots, and the peoples of the anglo-scottish border. they had a border reiver culture, where men on horseback would raid border villages, steal cattle. they were the prototype of what would eventually become the cowboy outlaws.
then they went off to settle ulster in norn iron, and while they were loyal to the crown and were fierce presbyterians, many didn't enjoy the lack of freedom they had there.
a lot went to the New World, like a disporportionate amount, and once they got there, they found 'civilised' colonial life so unbearable that they fled west as quickly as they could, and settled the frontier lands, in the Appalachian hills, to become hillbillies, and have their clannish, folksy, banjo-playing, sort of anarchic Presbyterian culture in the wild lands. fiercely defensive, they fought off encroachment from yankees and natives both. didn't partake in the slave trade really. apparently the scots-irish in these lands are the americans today who only consider their ethnicity as "American" as opposed to English-American, Irish-American, German-American, etc.
also i believe a lot of them went off to settle the frontier, when america's borders expanded west

Attached: ulster-appalachia.jpg (953x960, 251K)

why one day? start writing short stories now and keep rewriting them until you like them, that's how i've heard books get written

some trivia: the "current" flag of brittany (gwenn ha du - white and black) is from ~1925, the historical flag of brittany (pic related) is the kroaz du - black cross

Attached: 74819787.jpg (800x539, 35K)

england was officially founded by aethelstan, grandson of alfred the great. alfred and aethelstan were both english, not foreigners.

not enough of em moved over there

Ulster-Scots are probably one of the fastest ethnic groups to develop.

hew as king of the anglo-Saxons not the english

what's the significance of Cornwall and Brittany using black and white on their cross flags?
also who's the patron saint, and the popular form of Christianity?
in Wales it's Saint David, and I believe the most popular churches are Church of Wales, nonconformist, and Methodist, all Protestant denominations. Though Catholicism took some time to stamp out in Wales, it lasted a lot longer here than in England and left more of an influence.

Attached: dewisant.jpg (506x800, 119K)

Interesting group but they haven't done much besides work the mines

nope

Attached: Screenshot (16).png (359x851, 256K)

At that point you might as well say the Spanish, French and Romanians have the right to say they are Roman.

>Llandudno
>is a picture of Conwy
what did you mean by this?

nonsensical post

would generally say 'Anglo-Saxon' culture ceased to be after 1066. 'English' identity is a post-Norman concept

google lied to me, it seems

I agree. Italians cant claim to be Roman and English Anglo-Saxons. They can say they descend from them but saying they are is silly.

Conas atá tú?

modern England has no relation to pre-norman other than language.

fellow gogs what is to be done about the sc*use menace that have infested our costal towns?

hísealchríocha is fearr

ok? that is unrelated to what we were talking about

burn their holiday homes and cottages

our patron saint is saint anne, mother of mary though we also have some folklore about the seven founding saints (saint malo, saint brieuc...) that came over with the rest of the bretons in the 6th century
the overwhelming majority is of course catholic like the rest of the country except alsace-moselle

Attached: 1-baie-du-mont-saint-michel-punto-studio-foto-ag-1200x675.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

sup celtoid bros

youtube.com/watch?v=H0eZ16Ddt-U

Attached: eir-aoi_celtic_2030-celts_9-5.jpg (1024x758, 228K)

we’ve got as much right to be here as anyone else we don’t cause any trouble
*infests your sleepy town with county lines drug dealing children*

just reading up on your saints, i had no idea that the Bretons brought Christianity with them to the continent while the rest of Gaul was still mostly Pagan, that's nuts

you said that England was owned by aethelstan so that means lowlanders are english when that state has no relation to modern England.

>cetlic niggers wuzzing as Lusitanians and Gallaecians
Nigger.

was not saying that at all, my comment on the lowlanders was disconnected from my comment about aethelstan

alright mate. no need for some yank to tell me my ethnic group of 700 years age, actually one of the oldest in Europe, doesn't actually exist.

you got hurted by the facts immigrant?
cry me a river

Attached: super_dragoes_fcp1-Porto_celt-Portugal--w9m42_0v.jpg (600x400, 61K)

threadreaderapp.com/thread/1067554326598508544.html

this is a good thread on the Norman conquest and the culture the Normans established, and the consequence it had on the Isles afterwards. very educational

Attached: 11th-Century-Norman-Knight.jpg (900x932, 510K)

/brit/ is still shit and infested with nutters, anyone still here?

aye
problem is these threads tend to centre around a subject instead of having flowing conversations

Attached: IMG_0557.jpg (4032x3024, 2.69M)

>celtic migrant accusing a purebred Lusitanian of being a migrant
It's time to go back to the Alps or whatever hills you descended from, you migrant.

it's a shame, happens to /fug/ threads too

Holy fuck that pub looks cosy.

You are so imbecil that you don´t even know that the lusitanians were proto-celtic and the core that leads to lusitanians came from the alps (bronze age)

black boy inn in caernarvon
had a lovely time there even though i destroyed one of their curtains when setting my backpack down, to the roaring laughter of the entire room

Attached: IMG_0559.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

>the lusitanians were proto-celtic
lost it

Attached: 1562189280387.gif (300x200, 1.6M)

hahaha used to drink there all the time surprised they’re still allowed to call it that but i suppose the pc crowd hasn’t quite taken over west wales yet

Haha I have an irish granda :) xxx love ireland ooh ah up the ra!
Kill yourselves faggots