How difficult is it to learn Finnish?

How difficult is it to learn Finnish?

Attached: l8.jpg (260x194, 7K)

Are you Estonian?

Amerifat

want to learn another language. Only other useful languages here are Spanish and Mandarin. Already know Spanish, not interested in Mandarin and am looking for something else

bump

Attached: waste of time.png (750x670, 126K)

VERY difficult

Attached: Language Learning Difficulty for English.png (1366x2499, 831K)

>Finnish
>Estonian
>Hungarian
>difficult

>Studied Japanese for 2 years in uni
>Still can only understand basic convos if spoken slowly
Hehe

Remove sv*Nska from the south coast they are extinct

It's not that complicated (pretty simple actually) but learning how to use it takes time, lots of special rules and many forms of each word.

Also a big plus if you can say r, finnish loves those buzzing r:s. May be my favourite finnish sound rrRRRrrr

We do you live? There is a cuople towns in america that are dual language english and finnish. Though the finnish in america is analog to texas germans.

It's very easy, even children can do it! I speak perfect Finnish and have never taken a single class! Easiest language in the world!

learn french!!!

>I speak perfect Finnish and have never taken a single class!
based lifeschooler

The "big three" Finno-Ugric languages aren't as difficult as people make them out to be. I suppose compared to babby's first language (e.g. Spanish) they might appear difficult, but compared to a plethora of other languages out there they aren't too bad at all. Even compared to other Uralic languages (e.g. Nenets) they aren't too hard.

bump

Häng dig.

I am not racist against Fenno-Swedes they are good people as any other once they become Finnish and remove from themselves the vestige of Swedish colonialism.

Finska pojkar är bara till för att få komma inuti.

>sprörlörl
I don't understand any of that shit

pronunciation shouldn't be too bad, but the grammar will be difficult. it's doable, though, if you're motivated. IMO it's one of the most beautiful (sounding) languages.

>he doesn't remember the Swedish he learned from the forced Swedish classes he had to take

Minnesota

Russian is easier than german in my opinion

Languages aren't hard they are just different. If they were so hard people wouldn't speak them.

Finnish has many cases.
But cases is just a way of conjugating nouns the way we change verbs. Technically English has cases with plural and singular. Other languages have cases with genders. Russian has cases with how the word is used in a sentence, direct object, indirect object, in a location, used as a tool, which other languages do by using prepositions in, at, by, eith.

So Finnish just decided they don't like prepositions and made everything cases. And with that naturally a few spelling rules the follow. It's not really hard but so different to get used to, because every word in a sentence has to change. And there's not many resources for it.