Go to get a haircut

>go to get a haircut
>haircut was $16
>open my wallet
>only have $20 bills
>am forced to give the barber $40, because I need to tip him and I don't have any other bills (you have to pay the price + the tip at once in situations like this)
I fucking hate tipping culture.

Attached: man-haircut-unsplash-john-karlo-mendoza-585770-450x253.jpg (450x253, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-friend-was-thrown-out-of-a-bar-for-not-tipping-the-bartender-enough.3003709/
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/n6ncb/today_i_got_assaulted_by_a_waiter_over_tips/
yelp.com/topic/san-francisco-bay-area-kicked-out-for-not-tipping-at-sushi-restaurant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not just let him keep the change for the $20

I can more or less understand tipping waiters, but barbers?

>go to a haircut
>haircut was 16$
>open my wallet
>they put 20$ in my wallet

thats how mafia works
and taxes

$4 tip isn't enough, you're supposed to tip at least 33% for personal service like haircuts, massages etc

Forced by who?
What happens if you don't tip

ahahahahah what the fuck is that guilt tax and why don't they just outright charge an extra 33 %

you get shot by the police

you’re retarded. I would’ve given him a 20

They should be grateful just to get the $4. I don't understand this at all, I work as a waiter and don't look down on people who don't tip or tip little. That bit of extra money is just a little gift not some obligation.

Ask for change, incel.

>go to a restaurant
>order a $50 dish
>I have to tip $7.50

>guy next to me orders a $10 dish
>receives the exact same service as I did
>he has to tip $1.50

Yeah you Americans and your tipping culture are retarded.

Attached: tpwbsvkk94h21.jpg (350x360, 55K)

>33% tips
Our restaurant are already trying to get away with 18-20% as the new normal and if this tipping culture bullshit grows more I'm going to start stalking all restuarant owners

>have

I was an an American restaurant once and didn't give a tip and the waiter shot me the worst look I've ever seen lmaooooo faggot

Attached: téléchargement.jpg (229x220, 8K)

Literally stop fucking tipping, join a Communist union, go on strike and get some fucking workers rights. Nothing strikes more fear in the heart of the Wall Streeter than a well organized Communist union.

the only way to end the poverty
is to end the poor

by tipping these unskilled people without marketable skills, you reward them for their life choices of voluntarily going in debt to study humanities
tip surgeons and engineers, reward the people who cure diseases and develop infrastructure and heavy industry

I would had fedora tipped him

I think the most I've ever tipped a barber was $3.

you don’t sound like any server I know
what’s your hourly wage?

Higher education is barred to the poor in the USA, so the waiters may as well be studying civil engineering, you fucking low IQ mongrel

>walk into hospital
>tip $100 bills to the staff
might as well just walk into the nearest army base and thank them for their service as well

This. Can't you just say it's not in your culture to tip? They have to be bigots to question you.

>don't they just outright charge an extra 33 %
I think because then the particular worker wouldn't get it. Or it may be that it goes to the business and not the worker, though that would kinda defeat the purpose wouldn't it. In that case it's just businesses forcing trends to exploit their customers more, by mentally cucking Americans. It's a weird system. Like, just increase the price and increase the wages to match. U.S service workers seem to be really 'gibsmedat'. I suppose because their pay and rights in general are abysmal. If it's them rather than the business doing it then I guess they hold onto it because they have no power at all otherwise.

You are a retarded sheep.

Well at least you didn't get shot

Nah. Everyone is poor in America, almost. You must make yourself poor through debt to attend.

If they're unhappy about their wages they should unionize.

>tipping for a haircut
do people really do that here?

minimum wage, I'd say about half the people don't tip and neither me nor my co-workers ever complain. people working at subway or mcdonalds or whatever don't get tipped for basically the same work so I don't know why we'd be expected to. tipping never really caught on in this part of the country though I think, which part are you from?

Most companies here would fire you on the spot for trying to unionize. It's illegal, but it still happens all the time.

Even with a 20 that's a $4 or 25% tip which is more than acceptable (20% is fine). Your story is also bushit because they always ask if you want money back.

I live in Montreal which has a huge restaurant industry. Do you work in a chain?

>go to restaurant
>special offer, two pizzas at the price of one
>eat with my friend
>don't order anything to drink, as we have beer in our backpacks
>have to pay 32 lei, leave 35
>wait for the waiter to give me 3 lei
>tfw no tipping culture

Attached: 1554144419668s.jpg (245x249, 9K)

>by tipping these unskilled people without marketable skills
Being a non-shit barber is a skill, they also have two years of training here.

I thought tipping was customary in Germany as well because I saw my parents doing it at restaurants.
So when I went to get a haircut and paid for myself I tried to tip, but they refused to take it.

>tipping culture

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

it is a chain but just a regional one

>you're supposed to tip at least 33% for personal service
yall nigguhs posting in a troll thread

They message you on Facebook that you're not welcome in their establishment again due to not tipping several times.

>go to muslim barber who I went the last few times to
>he cuts my hair before that of people who are already waiting as if I had an appointment
>give him 8€ no tip as usual

If someone is bringing me my plate of food to the table and pouring my water, I tip. I’d feel like a massive Jew if i didn’t. Minimum wage is awful, I make $20 an hour and feel poor

Utter bullshit. No one tips that much.

>this post

Attached: E139C0DF-A3DF-4911-8BA5-8B4CEC22E29E.jpg (159x250, 6K)

That's how it was in the 19th century, but workers took risks, fought and paid some blood. Wake the fuck up America

It's the easiest job in the restaurant though, nobody gives a shit about tipping the poor dishwashers or line cooks slaving away in the back. Waiters are just middlemen

What if you don't have a facebook?

So not only your prices are higher but you are also "forced" to tip
But MUH GDP

good point, tipping should be factored into cost of living and I'm sure Americans aren't honest enough to do that

do you tip your landlord?

In most restaurants, back of the house gets a share of the tips with front of the house. That’s how it worked when I was a busboy and dishwasher

Impossible. Americans only see unions as ebil exploitative organisations and private companies as untouchable gods tossing down gifts to the lowly peons that must be grateful and mustn't think beyond their bounds. To be fair I think they were/are pretty bad there compared to Europe or here. Not sure why but here the constant liberal attempts to tarnish and dismantle unions are largely ignored, despite it being pushed by corporate-state propaganda. Probably they will eventually break us. That's another use for them pushing mass immigraiton, chinks and Indians don't understand or care about this shit so it's easy to destroy. Why is it that most Americans believe this same propaganda seemingly by default?

I'm pretty sure I've heard of people tipping their landlords before, yes. Makes you wonder who they don't tip.

>Why is it that most Americans believe this same propaganda seemingly by default?
maybe because it works very well for them and e.g. California has almost twice the GDP/capita as Australia despite you having more natural resources?

GDP per capita means nothing in California because most of the population is either ultra-rich or barely surviving

Natural resources, if anything, tend to correlate negatively with GDP per capita, except in low population oil-producing countries.

...and this is why you don't have nice things.

Tipping isn't a rule, I only do when the person who served me was respectful and did a good job.

>talking about individuals, workers' rights and the common man's only route to any kind of power and thus the only route for working towards his interests
>BUT THE GDP !!
Leeching insect detected.
Also on GDP and such, which is almost completely unrelated to the relevant things of a individual's life, while we may have more natural resources 90% of the profits of them go to NA companies and any attempt to turn these into proper industries of higher products are sabotaged in the womb and in most cases not allowed to be entertained to begin with. Liberals are extremely bad at economics and retaining national sovereignty, probably because the whole of our political class is owned and directed by those companies. Please nuke us. They're so fucking incompetent and traitorous while disparaging social democratic and national policies as idealistic and bad for the economy. Despite there being a sharp contrast in their management vs the management of the supposedly untenable. My God, they destroy everything that works and just pretend it's fine while nothing gets fixed and all our wealth gets exported.

Next time the barber stabs his throat with scissors

You're laughing but I'm putting some image I saw posted here into words I just don't want to look up the Facebook post picture...
forums.sherdog.com/threads/my-friend-was-thrown-out-of-a-bar-for-not-tipping-the-bartender-enough.3003709/
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/n6ncb/today_i_got_assaulted_by_a_waiter_over_tips/
yelp.com/topic/san-francisco-bay-area-kicked-out-for-not-tipping-at-sushi-restaurant

It's real.

>Find the shittiest barber that doesn't get many clients cause don't wanna talk to autists
>Charges €2.5 equivalent for a haircut
>Leave him €1 extra every time

Damn it's almost cheaper for me to fly to North Macedonia and get a haircut than just go to a barber in my town.

Fortunately I'm not a retard so I shave my head myself.

>me in america

Attached: 1540729753254.jpg (554x300, 26K)

>not having your mum cut your hair

Euros tip with change rather than by percentage.
That said, you don't tip hairdressers.

Thats because employers in the US only have to pay waiters at least $2.13 if they are earning tips. Ive never worked as a waiter, but Im pretty sure most earn shit as an hourly wage and make most of their money off tips.

>americans live cheaper than us
>americans have higher wages than us
>waiters are literally paid what a skilled job would pay here
>we also get in debt from university
>yet tipping culture is justified in america because "muh paid healthcare"

???????? americans are truly the definition of first world problems

i really really really hope you will die in cancer serb animal, along with your family

just dont tip him lol

>americans live cheaper than us
All prices you see in America are without sales tax and without the tip included, not to mention their fucking healthcare costs
The only thing that's actually cheaper in America is real estate

This, basing the tip on the total bill is beyond irrational

My barber charges $20 and I pay him $40 before he even starts cutting. Tipping is gay, but pay a barber double before they start and you get a great haircut

If I was a barber i would slit the throat of every amerigoblos customer I had