Malta

general thread about malta
How's life there? How is your cuisine? language? geography?
feel free to post any pics you have about malta
>inb4 we're full
i know i wont move i am just interested in your country
also happy independance day malta

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png (1280x853, 21K)

What's up?

It's Arab country, very similar to France.

hello extra flag user
how's your day?

The day was ok. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. You?

meh its raining so i just went studying a bit and now i'm drinking my pastis next to my computer
how's life in malta? Not too many tourists?

oh yeah are there any festivities for the independance day like military marches or parties?

Attached: 1567864784813.jpg (591x800, 101K)

>how's life in malta?
I've been asked this a lot here yet I am never sure what to answer. What do you exactly mean?
>Not too many tourists?
No, we got a lot but not in my town though now that summer's over I think their numbers go down a bit.
I know there was a parade of some sort this morning at Valletta and I think there was the posing of flowers at the Independence monument by high authorities.

Many people on social media seem to be seeing this day as null or a joke.

>Many people on social media seem to be seeing this day as null or a joke.
Why?

> What do you exactly mean?
i think people mean whether it is special when compared to other countries, is food expensive, is the climate too hot, are there any specificities of the life on an ialsnd or is there no difference with the one inna random suburb since people stay at home.

since people from malta arent numerous on the internet people are interested in the local lifestyle and culture

also i forgot a friend of mine is interested in studying for a couple of years in the uni in la valletta. Is it good?

They say that we lost our independence when we joined the EU, and also lately due to the government's policies regarding foreign investment and foreign workers and all that; saying we're losing the country to foreigners.
I'm not good with open questions. Regarding climate it's a warm one, in fact it's impossible to snow here because our atmosphere is never cold enough. Food's price, I can't really tell you
about that. I think it's decent? I don't currently buy stuff so I can't really tell. What makes living on a small island good is that nowhere is far.
The Valletta campus? That's the University's original campus. Nowadays it's main campus is at Msida. There's also another one in Gozo. I mean, I didn't study there but I've never really
heard anything bad about it though something I don't like is that it's too theory oriented.

And there's another campus in Marsaxlokk as well.

There are many Yugos there these days

Attached: 1526680886456.png (372x395, 137K)

>What makes living on a small island good is that nowhere is far.
oh yeah you can also go from an island to the other in a couple of minutes through boat right?
we dont have that here except if you wanna go to the frioul or another part of marseille

Shh not here kek.
>oh yeah you can also go from an island to the other in a couple of minutes through boat right?
Yeah the ferry system takes about 20 minutes to go from Gozo to Malta. One problem about the roads
though, traffic everywhere.

>not here
EVERYWHERE

Attached: DINJAMALTIJA.jpg (4973x2517, 640K)

>tfw your oc gets used against you
Is all of that worth the hassle though?

Attached: bandiera.webm (640x360, 1.65M)

Happy independence day

Attached: Malta-1.jpg (800x533, 246K)

The raging of that day will haunt you for a long long time kek

Test

Thanks.
I wasn't even mad, that's the thing. I started "raging" our of boredom kek.

Ik breh but still

>tfw there is qt Catholic maltese girl with long dark hair in my campus
>First person that I had a proper crush on in years
>But she already got a boyfriend
Damn..
What can I do Malta bros, how can I make this girl leave her boyfriend?
The sad thing is they seem to have a nice pure realtionship too so I feel like a huge dick for even thinking about it.
I feel like I could have been with her if the guy wasn't there too cause she has given looks at me a couple of times and then Quickly looked away when she realised what she Is doing .

Attached: com.MarshallClaytonDixon.ScreamingWojak.png (300x300, 60K)

Oh well. I'm leaving for dinner now.
>how can I make this girl leave her boyfriend?
That's not nice. Our largest diaspora is in Australia so I'm sure you can find another one.

Ahh shit I wouldn't be so sure about that

Attached: 7f8247c3776f167cddd771a9459b2696-imagepng.png (1266x801, 73K)

I saw malta clearly when I flew over it it was smol and cute and disappeared after a minute

Attached: 1461176220350.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>we're losing the country to foreigners
Malta has changed a lot though. Full of people from all over Europe and refugees.

I too wish I had a Maltese Catholic gf. I think you've told me your story before.
:D
I know. I agree with them.

>I too wish I had a Maltese Catholic gf. I think you've told me your story before.
its doable right? most of your population is catholic, if one tries to speak to them it should work right?

It's not all bad but you should be wary of over development. The public transport is quite decent these days but you really need to figure out what to else to do about the car problem. Air quality is very bad in places.

>its doable right?
>if one tries to speak to them it should work right?

It's getting pretty bad, especially with the authority and the media's seemingly never-ending boner for foreigners. For muh money and muh cosmopolitan Malta, we're ruining this place.

Attached: sadapu.png (657x527, 13K)

I couldn't believe the difference when I visited recently. I hadn't been to the island in nearly 20 years.

Damn greed. They'll never get my vote.

Labour are in power at the moment aren't they?
Are the national party better? I don't really know much about your politics but saw quite a heated debate about the journalist that got blown up.
I really think the overdevelopment is worse than the foreigners personally, but then again it's foreign workers driving up property prices and causing the overdevelopment, so the end result is the same.

>Labour are in power at the moment aren't they?
Yes.
>Are the national party better?
No.

Like you said, it's the increasing overpopulation caused by this influx of foreigners that causes several problems.