WWI naval strength

WWI naval strength

wtf germany

Attached: 1569099633110.jpg (3772x1933, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lemnos_(1913)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_submarine_pens
uboat.net/technical/shipyards/blohm.htm
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_+_Voss#Nationalsozialismus_und_Zweiter_Weltkrieg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RULE, BRITANNIA

Why are you surprised?
German naval build up prior to the First World War isn't exactly a hidden away secret.

>tfw the dreadnought era didn't see a single decisive dreadnought battle

Attached: 1564100040149.png (500x500, 70K)

But what precisely did they hope to accomplish by it? All of their potential enemies were adjacent to Germany or Austria except for Britain and the United States, neither of which could ever be invaded.

>221 destroyers
jesus fucking christ britannia did rule the waves

A WW1 destroyer was not really a big deal

>Greece had more ships than the ottomans
so close yet so far away

Imagine if Britain had allied with Germany, the rest of the world would have been completely crushed.

How did that even happen? Greece is like a tenth the size of Turkey alone.

>But what precisely did they hope to accomplish by it?
Before the buildup they were in fact allied with the UK against France, but Wilhem "Spaghetti Arm" II fucked up all of Bismarck's geopolitical plans by angering the bongs cuz MUH GROSS REICH MUST HAVE A GIGANT FLOTTE and allowed France to ally Russia wich basically lead to Germoney loosing WW1

Naval power was considered essential to being seen as a great power in that era, an American (forgot his name) released a highly influential book that helped push that line of thought.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lemnos_(1913)
in 1922 we had 7m population and Turkey had 12m

>Turkey had 12m
What the fuck happened over there?

Mahan

Attached: Screenshot_7.png (440x292, 18K)

So this is the power of KARA BOĞA

this is the power of the KURT BVLL
wish my semen was as strong as theirs

"Risikotheorie". The German Empire in fact wanted to ally Britain in order to gain greater global influence and to be able to expand and defend it's colonies. Britain wasn't particularly interested in that so Wilhelm and his admirals wanted to "convince" them by having such a big fleet that it would be a risk for Britain's naval supremacy in case of war. The buildup in itself was also a risk though, hence the double meaning of "risk" in "risk theory". There would be a time span in which Britain would be able to destroy Germany's fleet without too much risk for their own fleet. In this time span Germany needed to avert war with Britain but they failed.

Not enough. Gott strafe England!

How long would it take in ww2 to get a uboat in production?

2 weeks for a single uboat? How many could be produced simultaneously

Government incentives were given to people with 5+ kids, so people started fucking and only recently slowed down.

Depends on how quickly were they planning to lose to the Soviets

Why would they lose to soviets with fully supplied and strength concentranted anti tank tanks ammunition machine gun and air power

I only see soviets walking in to a fully powered sledge hammer

If they focused on the u-boats they couldn't spend resources building other equipment needed for the Eastern front and experimenting

>If they focused on the u-boats they couldn't spend resources building other equipment needed for the Eastern front and experimenting

Yes they can, east front can survive without producing useless tanks that will never be put to any military use due to lack of supply lines and fuel.

Hard to find precise information on that. For some u-boats production would take 2 weeks, but I guess this is minimum and it could be a lot more because of shortages. I found some info on type XXI, that it was demanded of the wharves to produce 33-38 u-boats a month in 1944, but I don't whether they also produced other types at the same time.

How long would it take to expand these facilities or create other uboat production facilities?

Type IXB weighs 1,051 tons so I assume they would need 953,451 kg of steel per uboat.

They could have held a bit better, but do you really think that the Germans could go on without experimenting?

Abdulhamid II was a paranoid owl who thought the navy would stage a coup on him so he disbanded a huge portion of fleets
Erdotards try to blame the loss of islands on post-republic governments but this is the real reason why we lost aegean islands

Most wharves already existed prior to the war, I think, but here's an example of a sheltered facility that was build during the war. I took two years two build the facility that was meant to produce 14 u-boats a month.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_submarine_pens

41,730,498,040 kg estimated yearly steel.production 1930s-40s Germany

43,926 yearly amount that could be created from.german estimated steel production
3660.5 amount that could be produced from steel production per month If the facilities were expanded with more workers and facility expansion or more facilities were built

Attached: 1568870378229.jpg (657x527, 32K)

Yeah
The limiting factor is the factory ability to accommodate larger amounts of production simultaneously with lack of needed infastructure

Attached: 1568732152933.jpg (1109x614, 143K)

Could you copy pasta the blue prints of the uboat facilities deeper inland and then create many facilities simultaneously in various locations and then transport the uboats by train or trucks?

Say 10,000 or more facities built in various locations around Germany to disperse and produce as many simultaneously as you could while shrugging off the bombing of a single or a few facilities/?

What are you planning?

Attached: 1537360251431.jpg (409x376, 26K)

Historical simulation nigga what ifs and what could be

Dunno. The facility I posted already needed 20,000 tons of steel to build. 10,000 of those would be more steel than Germany had in the entire war I think. Building capacities would have been at their limits probably too throughout the war. Also the ships being build inland would still need to get to the sea at some point. The allies could have bombed the docks where the boats were transferred from train to sea and stop the entire process.

Based UK.

they're like cockroaches

18,143,694 kg per facility capable of producing 14 uboats a month
I assume you would need how many educated personnel to instruct and dictate and how many laborers?

3,477,541,500 is amount estimated Germany had of steel production per month

Enough monthly steel to produce 191 facilities capable of producing 14-33 uboats per month

The facility used 12000 forced laborers, how many died is not clear. Let's assume it's 3000, a fourth. The Reich had 6mio forced laborers at max. You could build 500 facilities with that in two years. Assuming they had enough laborers from 1941 onward that would be 500 facilities in the first run and 375 in the second (because one fourth of laborers died). For fun I calculated how much you could build until you run out of laborers. Turns out you can go for about 20 turns (40 years) until your production drops to only 1 facility per turn. That leaves you with around 1950 facilities built.

You don't know how lucky you guys were that Spain was neutral. We had THREE (3) battleships belonging to the almighty class ESPAÑA (spain). Since they were just 3 it was very hard for the enemy to actually find one and even if he did they were the smallest, and therefore hardest to hit, dreadnoughts ever built. Also the turret placement was super cool. Tremble in fear!

Attached: imagenes8235a.jpg (1217x825, 152K)

Blohm & Voss, Hamburg
224 commissioned U-boats
224 ÷ 5 = 12 per year 3.73 commissioned uboats per month
I'll use 4 uboats a month for a uboat facility modeled after blohm and Voss Hamburg facility

What do you think
uboat.net/technical/shipyards/blohm.htm

I would like some sources if you find any of amount of workers that worked in blohm and Voss facility during ww2

wow, we sure had a lot of submarines
I love submarines

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blohm_+_Voss#Nationalsozialismus_und_Zweiter_Weltkrieg
Yes, apparently it was between 14,000 and 16,399. So using every single forced laborer in the Reich you could run around 400 of those. That's not considering what you need to build them because I don't know.

14,000 workers per facility producing 4 uboats a month consuming 3,040,000 kg of steel per month for 4 uboats

160 facilities equivelant to blohm+Voss would need 2,240,000 workers to produce 640 uboats a month Germany had 70 million internal workers not counting army personnel as well as possible ally workers and pows.

Monthly German steel production is 3.5 billion kg, ea uboat class VII is around 760,000 kg, I would need more information on amount of steel needed to build an equivelant facility to blohm + Voss Hamburg

>I would need more information on amount of steel needed to build an equivelant facility to blohm + Voss Hamburg
I don't really know how to find information on that. Probably it would be less than the 20,000 tons I said earlier because this facility was not as heavily armored.

germany was ruled by anglophobes from the imperial navy who had moronic ideas about geopolitics