US Navy

is joining the united states navy worth it?

starting pay is 1555 a month but thats including housing, food, medical, on base schooling, legal support, civilian job training, and probably even more.

my grandpa is a vet and he says the navy is alot less likely to send me off to die in battle then army or marines.

I guess im just worried about signing my life away for 4 years.

Attached: 26776085695_a93430e410_b.jpg (780x519, 52K)

You will become a glorified welfare recipient serving as a zog body guard. Good luck.

Bump

>welfare recipient?

its welfare even tho you work your ass off for it? the fuckin logic you have.

First off, in all liklihood you "working your ass off" is going to be scrubbing floors and sleeping with other semen. Secondly, it is welfare because long after you've finished you will be sucking the government teat.

Navy is the pussy of the military
Youll fit right in

what kind of person joins the navy? I could never figure this one out

you have never been in the service and you dont know what your talking about

People who like being on ships??????

I know we don't really have them anymore, but I thought the old WWII chad-battleships looked really cool.

Just do 4 years minimum. If you like what you do, then re-enlist. Go in as cyber or intel. Leave with a clearance, marketable skills, and GI bill. Easy.

Navy seals or go home faggot

Training rn for it

Yeah user navy spec ops is definitely full of pussies

Kys asap

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Everyone I've ever known who was in the Navy either got out or joined the air force. Its gonna fucking suck buddy, just get an air force job turning wrenches or something. Use the free school, get yourself together. Don't know what you mean by legal support but that's not really true, you get a military lawyer to defend you in military court but that's it buddy. Oh and guy training to be a SEAL, it's the loudmouth kids who idolize guys they know nothing about that quit first.

isnt the airforce the hardest to get into.

Where am I wrong?

Suck me faggot

Attached: 1047308820.jpg (1000x541, 55K)

>including housing, food, medical, on base schooling, legal support, civilian job training, and probably even more

>having a incredible large organisation/army that is basically a nation in your nation

>this organisation is incredible close to a communist paradise with forced labour and possible death

But Bernie Sanders a social democrat who wants to tax the rich more and implement a tax financed and affordable for all healthcare is the devil.
Man the cognitive dissonance of this country.

Do not join the fucking Navy. Join the Coast Guard. You'll thank me later.

Good place to sell your boy pussy OP and make some cash. You will learn some valuable skills like how to swollow, ass douching, fisting etiquette.

It's a welfare program but you can do your part and make sure you're dedicated to it. Most people in there are just trying to squeeze every benefit they can, which reflects on the general personalities.

Army is better. Aviation and cyber would be the best branches.

Air Force are the biggest nerds and pussies. Was originally going to join Air Force TIL I went to Meps and met the other Air Force potentials. Holy fuck I dodged a bullet there.

Navy is for cowards.

Army is for prideful lads with a preference for comrardarie. Made lots of good friends in the army despite being somewhat of a loner.

Marines are simply retards who fell for the marketing meme. If you are ultra high test you may enjoy the constant dick measuring. (The loudest one wins generally)

Implying any of you fags will ever make spec ops kys first fgt

This guy fucks

Outstanding post

>Nobody mentions Space Force

im working with a recruiter in order to join the seals

>Navy is for cowards.
well if you're a foot soldier isn't there a greater probability to die? anyway thanks for your dedication to putting your life on the line for 1800 a month

yes but we believe in you

how to join?

>how to join?
Just get promoted to DARPA

exploiting the state for capital is good though

In The Navy

Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports and skin dive
Study oceanography
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the mother land
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want you as a new recruit

If you like adventure
Don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate
There is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young
To join up today
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be
Always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on be bold and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on be bold and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

Who me?

But, but, but, I'm afraid of water.
Hey, hey look
Man, I get seasick even watchin' it on the TV!

They want you, they want you in the navy

Oh my goodness.
What am I gonna do in a submarine?

They want you, they want you in the navy

>Navy is for cowards.

Strong words coming from a guy who ostensibly joined the army post 2010.

Arguably, forward deployed Naval vessels running interdiction in the gulf of Aden / Persian Gulf/ Indian Ocean have a much higher chance of combat than some 11B cherry sitting on post shitposting all day. I heard the rocks need raking, get to it PFC Shmukatelli.

You're not a Ranger, you're not 18X, you're just a cherry.

Oh, and for the memer who says he wants a SPECWAR contract. I hope you've never done anything wrong in your life, or are prepared to lie your ass off on that sweet sweet clearance investigation because its not 2007 anymore and if you ever did anything that didn't net you good boi points you aren't getting that contract from the street (even if you have the times).

OP.

College > NROTC / OCS > SWO > Officer of the Deck >VBSS School > Specialty Billets (Riverine / FAO / PC) gives you the greatest cool shit to effort invested ratio on the O side.

No college, but still want to do cool shit? Pick a decent rate, and spend 4+ years getting fit and then go to bud/s. If you're 23 or older, it's too late to have the time needed to get in physical shape. Anyone can get in the headspace / physical condition needed, time is simply not on your side as it takes years to get there.

No college, but smart, and want to do moderately cool shit? Go intel, get your degree while in, and then use your experience to join a an agency and do spooky funtimes forever and actually make a difference.

Best decision I ever made OP

Grow a brain and make your own decisions in life idiot

To continue. The age of "adventure" in the Army / USMC is over. It sucks, but you have to realize that you are in what amounts to the 1980's in the historical context. Conflicts will be extremely limited to Tier 1 or Tier 0 assets with a small amount of Tier 2 assets providing support. You could spend your entire career in the army working your ass off, going through SFAS, SFQC, get qual'd, and spend your best operational years teaching third world goat herders how to not blow their hands off with 40 year old ordnance. You could also get lucky and do some really high speed shit, but that window is closing very very fast. If you want to gamble your life away, go ahead. It'll totally be like those movies / games you watch / play.

If your officer material, I hope you went to the Academy, because if not you're going to be a Quartermaster / Finance as combat arms / intel slots are extremely limited at OCS these days. GG no re, career wasted before it began.

>Air Force.

No point if you aren't a rated officer, or a TacP / Pararescue if enlisted.

Don't fuck your life up based on what some cherries say on the internet.

This.

What other plans do you have for the next 4 years?

If nothing else, you would be working for an employer that will not go out of business. Nowadays, that means something.

This guy gets it. Deployments are over, so your average line unit just spends months in the field gearing up for an NTC/JRTC rotation, which, spoiler alert, is fucking awful. Combat arms is still cool, but definitely less cool when you don’t get to go to the two way range, and all the westies scratch each others backs for the really plum shit. At a certain point it just becomes a job with stupid long hours and stupid bad conditions in shitty towns and you’re not in the good boy ring knocker network.

Of course you could try out for the cool guy stuff but good luck on the long walk. All my friends who stayed in after I left are lining up to get out if they can (single) and switching to some easy office shit if they can’t (family). We’re in an interwar period. Do something smart like an intel job if you can get the clearance then just go contractor afterwards.

Buddy of mine joined the air force in 2003. He got stationed in S.C working on cargo planes. Which for him was like heaven cause he was always good at that kinda stuff. Later he got promoted and got sent to Texas as an instructor. He's only got 5 more till he hits 20 mark. I went to visit him back when he was in S.C, got to tour one of the big cargo planes and everything. He said that far as basic goes, air force is shortest (least it was then, dunno about now).

>not joining the Space Force

Attached: 1506429584490.jpg (392x379, 119K)

srsly though, if you want to be useful yet really do like nautical stuff join the coast guard.

t. hon dc'd from the US army and I just stood around for three years

To be honest there ain't many jobs in the Civilian world where you can retire after 20 yrs with pension/other benefits. Police officer, sure, but the way shit is so fucked up anymore you'd be lucky to survive the full ride without getting shot, embroiled in some scandal, or other shit.

Just saying; in the military they provide housing/other shit for free. Your basically pocketing most of your paycheck (if your smart). Do that for 20 yrs, retire at 43 (assuming you went in at 23). Then just kick back and do jack shit for rest of your life.

4 years Army here, I was pretty confused and bored with life when I joined up at 24, Do it, the life experience alone is worth it, what you learn about yourself , never listen to anyone who hasn’t served saying it’s not worth it, it’s not easy so most wont and can’t do it but it’s very rewarding.

>NAVY vet here.
Fuck no. Turn your ass around. Leave. Go to a fucking trade school. You get the same skills and employers prefer to see trade school than that you’ve been in the military. Fuck that. FTN (fuck the navy), I joined paperclip (people against people ever re-enlisting, civilian life is preferred)

If your stupid ass does join, for fucks sake don’t let them talk you into the nuclear propulsion program. At the very fucking least, try to get them to sign you up for an officer package and get a free college degree up front. Then you at least get to bang hot college sluts while you’re young. If you don’t, you leave the navy in mid 20’s and trying to fuck college girls is just weird. Also all navy girls are hoes in the most disgusting way.

I knew a girl that used to give blowjobs behind the salad bar. And then she would go back to refilling the lettuce with her bare hands.

You spend 9 months at see. It’s awful. Boat goggles are about 90x thicker than beer goggles. You start the trip thinking about how ugly these hoes are. By the end of it you’re ready to fuck any single one of them. You get back to shore, and you’re so ready to fuck that you would wrestle down and rape a polar bear.

Fuck no. Run.

gays
SEALs are like supergays

>NUPOC as enlisted.

>NUPOC at all.

Attached: 764a404f1e168c6183fa7d69c90d0d54e99688d8cb6fd432c6a4b339d9a78a45.jpg (1428x1381, 94K)

kek you fucking moron you haven't been in the service either and he does know what the fuck he's talking about. look, you don't give a fuck about defending america, this is an economic decision for you.

Military here, don’t do it. So many rules and your treated like a baby. Go to a trade school, get your own place and live the freedom life doing whatever you want. The Mitary will just take years off of your life then shit you out

>defend america
>the entirety of central america can just walk in

lolwhut

I don't understand this; America sends millions upon millions of dollars overseas to other country's every year for so called "humanitarian" reasons. Yet who's to say what all that money actually goes towards when it gets to wherever. Then you got all the problems and shit here that needs work. Seems like such as waste.

what did you just say to me

You'll never understand the weight of circumstances until it steamrolls over you so get yer ass out there and join up while you are young. A few tough years but then you've got backup for rest of your life.

Haven’t read any of the thread but Air Force = Chad tier
Coast Gaurd = God tier
Navy is probably the worse branch you could ever think of. I would rather die in war than scrub boat decks for 4 years like a fucking peasant just to be referred to as “seamen”

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

This. They tell you it’s a refinery, they burn out the grit and leave only the good parts of you.
Really, it’s a digestive system. They’ll take all the parts of you that are useful to them, and then they’ll shit you out.

You’d be dead if we weren’t watching you from above. You little seals think your so tough, until shit goes south and you need an escourt back to base

>unironically replying to the actual original navy seals pasta

Unironically replying to my unironically written ironical response to a ironically copied and unironically pasted quote

I'm a US naval officer right now. You're gonna work your ass off alongside some of the biggest pieces of shit you've ever met. Some of them are cool but the assholes outweigh them. Pay is decent and benefits are great. The training will set you up pretty well for the future, but it sucks while you're in.

Number one piece of advice if you do join: don't get anyone pregnant and don't get married.

OP , Listen to him.
I didn't serve but My Cousins ex-Wife fucked him so hard divorcing him while he was in.

S I N G L E L I F E while serving