/smg/ - Stock Market General

At least this post isn't anime edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1520055060666.jpg (344x400, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/03/20/boeing-drops-on-report-fbi-is-joining-criminal-investigation-into-certification-of-boeing-737-max.html
cbsnews.com/news/marijuana-psychosis-smoking-strong-pot-daily-increases-risk-of-psychosis-study-finds/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

VTSAX

lets go, accumulate

Waging has destroyed my youth, my virility. My wonder and dreams of life. My passions, my soul, my curiosity for the world. I am but a mere husk of my former self- an empty shell sleep-walking through life. Dreading the time I have to wake up and wage and repeat the cycle all over again

Attached: 1445900808802.png (846x592, 42K)

I used to stop at different places to get my morning coffee just to explore something different in the mornings. I worked construction and would be in different places but I made it a point to not stop at the local gas station

same, it's been on my watchlist since saturday

Why the fuck do they have PDUFAs scheduled on the weekends? I have no idea how to play those.

What do I invest my monthly savings in, anons? VTSAX as always, DIS, FB, or?

So SPY after hours showed little fish biting at the ask and driving it up to what it was at close. I assume its going to dump like a motherfucker tomorrow once the big boys who were actually the ones moving the price down at close rear their ugly heads at opening bell.

VSTM my nigga

Friendly reminder that binary options are next level. Over 21% in five minutes. I love Wednesdays.

Attached: optionsrape.jpg (720x757, 90K)

It doesn't ever get any better.

Fucking stop

Attached: 1552806114882.jpg (540x720, 33K)

Futures leaning pretty strongly green for the moment though.

try getting therapy
you have money, and it might help
why not

1) Why is PEP the most based stock.
>Because it's dividend grows at twice the rate of KO
2) Waiting till after Brexit to buy calls

Attached: 1553104230510.png (692x988, 259K)

Imagine the highlight of your day is going to a different drug dealer to get your fix just so you have the will to work 8 hours.
JFC the state of wagies.

JUST

cnbc.com/2019/03/20/boeing-drops-on-report-fbi-is-joining-criminal-investigation-into-certification-of-boeing-737-max.html

Attached: 1541127713124.gif (450x506, 3.34M)

explain this futures meme, they seem to mean jack shit. i've seen futures green and market opens red, and i've seen the exact opposite as well

Attached: 1507001726935.gif (326x326, 372K)

It doesn't mean shit. It's just another tool we all use to proclaim the arrival of the golden bull or coming of the great bear rapist.

No one knows anything so pink or green wojak it.

This image what was gonna use

Just head retard

>
>Stocks are for racist cumskins. Crack and heroin are the real money makers

Which feeds into my theory. Traders are searching for cheapies while market makers a trying to keep everyone calm while they prepare to take a shit on the indices.

Yeah I dunno. I try not to speculate on who is trying to bamboozle who. Stop loss is set, whatever.

So if daily weed smoking causes schizophrenia who's making the schizo drugs? I mean this is going to be a gold mine when everybody goes crazy from smoking pot all the time.

NUUUUUUUUUUU
ME WANTED MAKE ANIME GIRL THREAD NUUUUUUU

;_;

Are you saying me and the voices in my head are all schizos just because we smoke weed?

First we get them addicted to the crack and heroin.
Second we tax people to give them healthcare
Finally we provide treatments for their diseases which we in turn gave them and profit the whole way.

$FB calls for their ER

gonna make mo money. nobody gives a shit about the privacy meme when your'e making fat stacks of cash

$fb TO 200

I am entirely too sober for this line of discussion right now. Gimme a couple hours.

No I'm just asking who's making the anti-schizo drugs so I'm in a position to profit off of the misfortunes of others.

It's just that the movement this afternoon was so obvious
>3:30 on the dot
>dumps into the red
>stops dumping
>brainlets cheer
>buy buy buy buy
>3:50 dumps again now that brainlets have driven up the price
>brainlets yet again say "this is the bottom!"
>buy buy buy buy
>3:59 massive dumps now that price has been driven up by a mass of brainlets

I can't believe people still fall for these power hour buy/sell mind games. Its all such rudimentary psychology.
Every time I think "there's no way anybody could fall for something like this" and second guess my instinct I remember the talking heads on CNBC that didn't know what the word "loathe" meant and how my dudebro cousin who went to college to try and find a girl with a trust fund is interning at JP Morgan.

Fine I'm going back to drinking and watching women's curling.

they also got awarded another 4B contract from the navy

NUUUUUUUUU

Attached: tumblr_njjszzYNSb1u1bxt2o1_500.gif (500x500, 585K)

>daily weed smoking causes schizophrenia
[Citation needed]

Who the fuck told you to buy transentrix?

I asked about it once, but never shilled it. Never seen it talked about either

LPTX PR is issued at 7am ET. So if there's nothing by then we're gonna have another sideways day.
If I were CFO I'd release one tomorrow. CFO seems pretty VC ninja (7:00am is a great time for a really strong opening bell and he also released the PR for the March 19th conference when shares were nearing the 52 week low) so here's hoping we don't need to wait till monday.

Who wants to bet that futures dump at 2841?

Jesus Christ John 3:16, and the 13 Apostles and Mary save this board from the ignorance and the lack of money that is cursing them into not getting AMZN tomorrow and making 80 bucks. Amen!

SMG is literally the youngest thread on biz your taste in a ime is shit

first important note is: certain futures have volume comparable to Forex market,

eminis have about 120 billion dollars of volume daily, which much bigger than daily volume the 500 stocks in S&P 500
so in that sense futures drive the market
anyways, futures not "predict" anything but they create a road map thats often followed
heres a picture of overnight movement of S&P futurees in orange highlight

the long / short on chart shows levels that were created in futures range
if you compare this image todays SPY movement, you will see that futures created a road in which people traded with the next day

Attached: SPY-3-20.png (534x759, 27K)

Just got a buy rating of $18 jfc

Attached: 6F97CE3F-FA87-49E3-B118-846F6F5A24A3.png (910x1146, 447K)

We are witnessing the downfall of America. Powell just sealed America's fate. America has given up on long term economic stability for short term gains. Stagflation is just around the corner. China will be the sole superpower in 2030.

>tfw didn’t double down at 1.89

>Trump declares emergency conditions ala Martial Law
>will remain prez as long as necessary
>worlds top 3 superpowers controled by lifetime dictatorships
>Age of Dynasties has arrived
Bullish?

How would it affect Galt or lci?

Attached: 1552073893005.jpg (988x948, 154K)

They'd tank, but REFR shoots to Pluto

r8 my diversification

Attached: dvs.png (287x278, 11K)

>mfw i bet my 6 figure life savings on LPTX
Sure would be nice to see the price start moving in that direction.

Attached: 1543178791227.png (646x700, 169K)

Diversify yo bonds nigga

Attached: diversify.jpg (1442x735, 65K)

COSMONAUTS
HOW MUCH EQUITY YOU GOT?

+100 shares in my big boy account

Attached: EDBDE718-0B58-4AEC-BEB0-B89F0909784D.jpg (1125x1386, 274K)

I didn't think it would be that simple, but then again this has been in the works since the 70s.

I have dreams of a 500 million dollar lily eli acquisition

Rate my cock /b//i/z

1.3k in AAPL
2.1k in ALK
2.1k in BA
1.8k in BP
2.2k in CVX
5k in DIS
5.3k in RDS
2k in T
3.5k in VTSMX

>bet my 6 figure life savings on LPTX
The CEO bet almost a million shares at 1.75 on it, you're in good company.

me swear to glob if futures just moon all night me am gonna....

they already had beautiful bulltrap today
why give all people trapped like ratsus @ 283 chance for get out

Attached: ca1d9740709e7399bdf8d60a154fdcd0.png (900x818, 470K)

My salaried position is honestly easy af and ill be sad when I inevitably loose it

what is ratsus

I got 130 shares at 1.61, dubs and I'll sell everything I got in RH and buy as much LPTX as I ca.

I..it won't go past 282.50

Attached: adventures of ratsu chan.png (800x1300, 133K)

A friend to the family died of cancer this week. Happened really fast, the cancer was discovered in 2018 and just two weeks ago he could sit and watch TV as normal. He didn't even reach age 65.

As he was dying I have to wonder if he regretted not working less. Suddenly everything he had built up in life didn't matter. Most of us expect to live until 80 but truth is we might not even reach 50 if we are unlucky.

Attached: sanic.jpg (462x579, 16K)

I see you are using AT&T for your provider :D

That’s... not many shares
LPTXbro, this isn’t you, is it? You believe more than this punk, right?

Ive been smoking weed for like 10 years and am no different than the day i started, maybe calmer overall

Those 3 insiders are the chief investors of the VC firm Healthcare Ventures (which actually owns 8 million shares that number is wrong)
Altogether they maintain 51% of the company's stock
They hold an average price (individually) of 4.5 dollars a share

Attached: 45.jpg (657x199, 30K)

I thought about cropping that out since it’s wasted data, but it’s such a small rectangle that I didn’t bother.

This is why server farms are going to global warm us all to death, isn’t it?

they're already headed down

God damn. This man really is going to the moon.

I feel so small time, but by premarket tomorrow it’ll probably be too late.

>LPTXbro, this isn’t you, is it?
No, I didn't originally bring this stock here. And I know that's not a lot, but we're not all whales here, Mr. Soros.
>They hold an average price (individually) of 4.5 dollars a share
So buy?

Amphetamines for day, sleeping pills for night. Enhance your life through Science!

It makes me happier with my T holding.

You might have till friday. I'm not entirely certain on the strategy being employed for PRs. It could be a Friday/Monday event, since many PRs historically appear to be issued on either fridays or mondays

Oh yeah! Keep rocking!

Lets play a gane.

Guess what stock I'm holding in this portfolio?

Here's a hint, it's only one

Attached: 20190320_204130.jpg (1080x2220, 594K)

How come you guys only ever talk about worthless biopharm penny stocks and never about things like this?
I would have worded it a little differently.

Attached: BLTC.jpg (600x600, 59K)

SN

Asia!

Attached: 1531953180007.png (608x593, 215K)

I sit on my ass all day doing really boring shit and I'm allowed to trade stocks on my phone and shitpost on Jow Forums. Plus, I set my own hours. Pretty comfy for a horrible shitty job.

Nope

>worthless biopharm penny stocks
Because its really hard to find good ones that aren't overbought and stable.

Come on, I know someone here can guess!

>how come you guys only ever talk about worthless biopharm penny stocks and never things like LPTX, a biopharm penny stock

Attached: 1454083912193.jpg (600x472, 215K)

Futures got bull trapped.

Attached: futue.jpg (621x538, 42K)

"worthless" being the operative word.

VSTM AND BIOS. BUY BUY BUY!

Nope. And nope.

Any more guesses before I reveal the mystery stock

could it be? the golden bull run?

Attached: x8xk.png (413x372, 121K)

I haven't seen any worthless biotechs get shilled on here

The complete lack of detail and slow moving nature of the offering smacks of a BO for Galt.

Im going in heavy.

Attached: 1552928161564.jpg (780x770, 361K)

Attached: leapin2.jpg (1018x1074, 146K)

And the answer is REFR !!

Thank you for playing

the fact that they announced this nondilutive rights offering (that gives all common shareholders the opportunity to maintain their pro rata ownership) two weeks ago and still haven't said anything about when it's going to happen or what price it's going to be at does suggest that it's a negotiation tool, when taken in context with everything else that's been going on with them

expecting a run up prior to the rights offering on announcement of new cancer data at the keystone symposia on the 25th and/or phase 3 nash trial design

Attached: 1552793068144.gif (239x226, 838K)

Every time you guys get over excited it shits the bed. Just play it chill, act like u dont even care so when it takes off for real it will be a genuinely pleasant surprise. Patience is key.

Attached: 1546476062217.png (312x102, 5K)

cbsnews.com/news/marijuana-psychosis-smoking-strong-pot-daily-increases-risk-of-psychosis-study-finds/

First sentence
>could cause

God bless Christopher Mirabelli-san

Attached: Lepolpop.png (1728x45, 8K)

>Psychosis = schizophrenia

Durrrr durrr durrr

This explains ACB