How is this possible?

I work for a very large corporation.

Payday has always been every other Friday. Two months ago, we received letters informing us that pay days will be moved to Thursdays and that the cut off day for the pay period will be on Wednesdays at midnight, the day before the new pay days.

The pay period cut off used to be on the Sunday before the pay day Friday.

Thursday of last week was the first new pay day and we all got shorted on our paychecks. I was shorted 3 days since I work weekends. People who have weekends off were shorted one day.

I have a hard time trying to put my head around this new pay period and why we all got shorted on our checks. We will not be reimbursed for the short because they say if you count the days from the pay period cut off, it adds up to 10 days, one full pay period of 80 hours.

I never missed a day. I worked 5 days a week all this time and I can't figure out how I got shorted on my paycheck 3 whole days.

I'm assuming this isn't the first company to do it and I'm hoping someone here has had this happen to them before and can better explain to me how this is possible.

Attached: 38507120_1882267931796154_1921464971187716096_n.jpg (720x832, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

be ready to get laid off user
Shit has brewing for 5 years and it looks like we won. I hope you are armed and know how to rob and kill and who to rob and kill

My company's pay period starts on Sunday but the work week starts on Wednesday (oilfield, we work 2 weeks straight and 1 week off) so instead of a 2 week paycheck with 2 weeks of work we start off by missing 3 days, and our last 3 days go to the next check.

Stupid petty way to nickel and dime us

If you worked but were not paid for your time that is illegal, plain and simple.

he's going to shoot his own door?

This aint right. Me and my team is on the issue.
youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ

Attached: h4x.jpg (500x500, 111K)

>I work for a very large corporation.
then you should probably relax faggot. they'll get the shit resolved.

>because they say if you count the days from the pay period cut off, it adds up to 10 days, one full pay period of 80 hours.
words words words
doesn't make sense to me
demand a full accounting, if they balk retain a labor lawyer in your town who will drop the hammer on them.
also get a new job and call the DOL fed and state on them

They've already said that we will not get paid any more than usual come next pay period. I do not understand the math they're using and people are fucking pissed.

This can't be the only corporation that has done this. I want to know if they're doing all this just to make a bit more money.

This

Relax, op is just being a dumb faggot

Then compare your next and last paychecks with your timesheet if you want to be a paranoid faggot but I guarantee you you're not worth enough to be getting deducted pay, you stupid faggot

It's not just me, it's everyone in the company that got shorted, mr. faggot.

This is another employer scam to cook the books for a quarter/year/whatever and make the numbers look good.
They say they need more time to process your timecard and checks so they bump your paycheck out a week or so from what it was. Then they tell you it will all equal out when you leave the company... you'll get a paycheck a week or two beyond your employment end date.

Attached: 1540694587585.jpg (759x508, 110K)

Forgot to add...... then they can skip paying one week of pay for all current employees in the company that year.
Really ought to be illegal.

>since I work weekends
Don't be a bottom feeder hourly wage slave who works weekends.

Seriously, nobody gives a fuck. Get a better job and stop whining.

The absolute state of wagecucks lmao. Wagie wagie

Here, I do the accounting and payroll for Toyota and Honda dealerships. I'll solve the math for you.

Give me exact dates of pay and dates of pay periods and gross earnings, and what your gross earnings should be for one day.

Attached: 1559780096404.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

OP. are you salary or hourly?

I've seen similar shit with salary employees. They log their hours anyways, and some months have more days but they end up receiving the same monthly salary regardless. If you convert it to hourly though, it doesn't make sense.

Salary vs hourly has nothing to do with this if you read carefully.

This is the pay weeks in question

Period Begin Date05/17/2019
Period End Date05/30/2019

The period end date should be 6/2/2019 a Sunday, but they moved it to Thursdays

gross earning is $1,336.40

The previous pay period I got 80 hours, I got paid $1,527, which is where it should be normally.

The next pay period should be the same or close.

Gross daily is $192.40

Sorry, one other thing: how many days a week do you work?

5 days a week

Whoops. I posted net income for the previous pay period. Gross is $1,907 for the previous "good" paycheck. It should be around the same for the next one.

So if there are supposed to be 10 days in 1 pay period, the gross per pay period is 190.70, right? Not 192.40.

All I did was take my hourly pay and multiplied by 8 since I work 8 hours a day

You work 80 hours and make $1,527? Thank you for making me feel better after a shitty day of wageslaving. Are you planning on leaving soon because no one on the planet should work 80 hours for 30-40k/year with all the options out there.

That's gross income of the paycheck I was shorted in. My usual gross is around $1,950 and net is around $1550 every 2 weeks. Basically $50k a year, but my mortgage is paid off and my city is very cheap. No state tax, no city tax, no "township" tax. Sales tax is also low and the cost of living in general is very cheap.

Oh ok it was confusing when you wrote "$1,527, which is where it should be normally" because that makes it sound like you got paid the normal rate for 80 hours. Still though dude I get paid $52,000 a year for 30-40 hours with no college degree, no prior experience, and no connections getting me the job. Please look for other work.

>the nignog didn't steal the car