It's not so hard Millennials

Nathan Moore
Nathan Moore

Get a CS degree
Make 350k
It's not so hard Millennials

Attached: 1534356757666.jpg (164 KB, 1000x594)

Other urls found in this thread:

levels.fyi/
medium.freecodecamp.org/how-i-went-from-stay-at-home-mum-to-front-end-web-developer-39724046692a

Daniel Torres
Daniel Torres

I know this is bait, but LOL if you're expecting to make anywhere near 350k outside Silicon Valley with a CS degree.

Carson Martinez
Carson Martinez

computers are a meme. no future whatsoever

Brayden Cox
Brayden Cox

not starting at $400k working at Google
Fucking pleb

Blake Baker
Blake Baker

petroleum engineering

Connor Morris
Connor Morris

3 cylinder engine
gague on crankshaft

All of my wut

James Kelly
James Kelly

do they really make that much? jusr with cs degree right out of college?

Austin Johnson
Austin Johnson

No, but you can get to 400k within 5 years levels.fyi/

Wyatt Ward
Wyatt Ward

get a math degree
100k starting wage
after 2 years 500k
it's actually easy

Adam Gray
Adam Gray

there could be some wierd fluid flow through a cavity in the shaft :?)

Nathan Parker
Nathan Parker

Get a CS degree
Find out there are 2.5 million poos with a CS degree also looking for work in the US

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

It is a meme. They make like 160k their first year and ~300k mid career. Keep in mind the majority of this income is in stock options and in one of the most expensive cities in the country. Also, about half of it will go to taxes and a shack in Silicon Valley costs $1,000,000

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-12-16-at-2.28.38-PM.png (2.68 MB, 2052x1644)

Cameron Green
Cameron Green

Paying taxes
Why work when you can get free money?

Jack Walker
Jack Walker

This, having -only- a CS degree is a meme in any first world country and I am friends with a lot of MS majors who can't do fuckall with their degree because every rasheed, rarjeet and pajette has one too.
The way to excel in CS is to have the degree and continue working on certifications that you can use to flex above everyone else. One good one to show you're not a brainlet is an A+ cert, maybe add .NET in there as well because not a lot of people have any experience in that subject.

Jacob Morgan
Jacob Morgan

One good one to show you're not a brainlet is an A+ cert, maybe add .NET

Attached: 7CEB4A21-7AE9-4E3B-9741-8AE1B955D623.jpg (16 KB, 447x438)

Lincoln Baker
Lincoln Baker

No.

Connor Gray
Connor Gray

CS isn't my major so take it with a grain of salt.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

One good one to show you're not a brainlet is an A+ cert, maybe add .NET in there as well because not a lot of people have any experience in that subject.

Nigger if you think A+ gets you anything other than an on-call help desk spot you're fucking retarded. Sec+ is bare minimum and employers are expecting an AWS or Cloud Development experience if you want anything decent in terms of salary.

Attached: 1541052684384.jpg (41 KB, 500x371)

Camden Baker
Camden Baker

get a degree in data analysis
stuck on my feet for 8 hours building computers
friend get 76k a year without a degree

I want out.

Lincoln Morris
Lincoln Morris

friend get 76k a year without a degree
Is your friend a prostitute, per chance?

Jack Wood
Jack Wood

Used to want to be a software engineer like my dad but he said it was glorified sweatshop work. Can anyone confirm?

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

You have to compete with third world labor

Juan King
Juan King

No, he's a man.

Jeremiah Miller
Jeremiah Miller

CS is going to die out in a few years, take Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering if you want to be safe.
It's an even worse meme degree than the ones from liberal arts.

Nolan Williams
Nolan Williams

t. Raj trying to thin his competition

Nolan Sullivan
Nolan Sullivan

You can still take it in the ass if youre a man
What does he do?

He is right though, tons of poos are getting a CS degree

Blake Perez
Blake Perez

He's like a marketing representative or something.

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

If you re a top MIT graduate maybe.

Gavin Gomez
Gavin Gomez

Fuck off to //boards.4channel.org/biz/ jew lovers

Justin Reed
Justin Reed

Euw marketing...gross
Either way, good for him. Marketing is a cut-throat business and its SJW/jew infested. If youre a white man youre the equivalent of radioactive fallout

Implying /biz/ is anything other than crypto
Mate, go there yourself and see

Landon Ward
Landon Ward

He's Indian (not H1B though, been here for a few generaitons), so he's not as toxic. But yeah it just sucks. If I knew I was going to be stuck doing some of the worst jobs out there for minimal pay I would have just skipped college, at least then I could live the NEETlife for a few years. Or I would have, I dunno, talked to my professor or some shit.

Tyler Wood
Tyler Wood

If every single millennial in America got a computer science degree what would happen? Would they all make over $350k a year? Every single one of them? We don't need manual labor jobs? We don't need teachers, architects, etc.? Everyone should get a CS degree?

I don't know what this system is called but it's not sustainable

Jackson Nguyen
Jackson Nguyen

why are zoomers so gullible holy shit

John Gutierrez
John Gutierrez

Oh yeah, if he is indian he qualifies for the diversity quota so its ok

Yeah i feel you bro
I got a degree in finance/economics (not sure how it translates) but if i was given the option a few years back id have gone for engineering, math and statistics are profitable too so

It aint too late though my friend, you can always progress from your degree if youre willing to work for it
Data analysis is a wide field, right?

Nathan Taylor
Nathan Taylor

It is but it's all "3+ years experience, don't call us, we'll call you."

Matthew King
Matthew King

it's no use trying to convince them, they're all lazy retards who think everything should just be given to them without any hard work

Jose Gray
Jose Gray

M should be menstruating.

Colton Nelson
Colton Nelson

Then you need to get the experience

Sorry friend, i know it sucks major dong but you have to overcome somehow because there is no option to it.
Start your own company?

Dont know what an independent data analyst can make but it could give you exposure and experience you can put on your CV

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

I'm 32 and I have to take about 6 or so more classes till I am done. It seriously hasn't taught me shit I feel just as retarded as I was before

Brandon Gray
Brandon Gray

I just wish I could get experience in my field, but really all they're looking for is how much you're willing to brown-nose and tolerate some shit job.

Henry Wright
Henry Wright

Don't get or get a CS degree
Learn programming
Have public repository/ projects
Do a nice job
Job offers come at you.

CS degree is a meme most of the time.. it's mandatory for code monkeys. If you are a good programmer and if someone needs your skills to for the job you will get hired. If the project is big, you will need some guys with CS degree, just ask them to send their resume with the other hundreds.. and pay them 15$/h :)

Isaiah Jenkins
Isaiah Jenkins

You still don't get it?

Elijah Hill
Elijah Hill

So how about a trainee programme?
Got any friends who works with qualified work who can mentor you?

Im just spitballing ideas here and i know very little about your field but i do know that what it generally comes down to when youre looking/applying for a job is how much the interviewer likes you (granted ofc you got the degree and can preform the work)

Are there any special interest groups where you can network?

Mason Allen
Mason Allen

Get a mathmatics degree
Pass 2 shit easy exams
make 100k to start

Evan Foster
Evan Foster

I might apply for some internships with Charles Schwab, since my brother recommended me, and it's clear they aren't considering me for the actual jobs.

David Brown
David Brown

Oh no I get it but I am just telling you

Connor Flores
Connor Flores

Stop talking about the path of the code monkey.
Talk about product owners and team leaders/ PM, that's how you get money without having to work for the top tech companies.

And if it's money that you want just outsource local projects to pajeets. Don't tell me you can't find a few that are decent code monkeys because it's just not true.

Blake Moore
Blake Moore

What does your brother do?

Blake Flores
Blake Flores

FIRM HANDSHAKE
500k/YEAR

Julian Parker
Julian Parker

He's a broker of sorts for Schwab in Texas. Apparently the referral program allows me to be referred even to locations here in Arizona.

Chase Baker
Chase Baker

That is the big secret, user.

Doctors, engineers, computer fags, they are all just the same retards you see working at Wal Mart, but with a piece of paper. A certificate of employability.

Sure maybe they learned a few tricks, but they are still mongs just like the rest of us.

Attached: OFCOURSE!.jpg (24 KB, 388x304)

Ryder Gomez
Ryder Gomez

Alright, looked into it and it seems to be a good place but like i said. idunno what your degree is about and the american job market

Expand your horizon my friend, there are plenty of ways to go and sometimes we must do less favorable things just to get ahead.

I know youve prolly thought about it but maybe specialize in a field of analysis?

If your friend is in marketing then maybe he can put in a good word for you in the sales analysis department of some firm? They have clients too so theres that to consider

How old are you user?

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

23, and not getting any younger.

Julian Morris
Julian Morris

Holy shit user, thats no fucking age.

I know life might seem bleak right now and you have a long way to go but have hope. Do your best and strive to improve, not just on paper but build social skills.

I think thats the most important thing most STEM people forget, you need social skills to progress in life and to feel happy.
I wish you the best of luck user

Dylan Barnes
Dylan Barnes

look just get a shit degree and make 32 gorillion dollars right out of coallaage

FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU LYING SACK OF FUCK

Attached: 023904203.jpg (44 KB, 228x223)

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

I already have good social skills for an autist, the problem is that I don't like getting obviously fucked with. And when I have a family history of heart disease and the average age of death is 76, 23 is basically 1/3rd dead.

Camden Wright
Camden Wright

We all get fucked with user, constantly. Thats life, its a struggle you have to deal with and i wish id have known that when i was 23.

Dont think about your life that way, its detrimental. Mental attitude impacts you more than you think.
Youve just become an adult, there is alot more you have to do and still can do
the US needs its young men to provide change, now more than ever

Kayden Nelson
Kayden Nelson

i love when 19 yr olds get on Jow Forums and give career advice. fresh out the guidance counselor's office with wisdom to share on how to become a quick, easily millionaire.

Attached: anderson.jpg (8 KB, 339x375)

Eli Hill
Eli Hill

No, average total comp for entry level software engineering is about $180k

This company is a joke though. It’s literally all women and Asians running everything and it’s impossible to get anything done.

The people here are in general not great engineers

Source: work at google

Brayden Thomas
Brayden Thomas

Logically it could only be a dial gauge measuring the runout on the crank end.

In reality it'll be a representation of a rev counter.

What I can't get over is the crank web imbalance that's been drawn.

David Foster
David Foster

You can in Seattle

Angel Perry
Angel Perry

Infact a lot of companies have the same or close to same TC for Bay Area and Seattle now. Seattle is the best place to be in tech for pay/cost of living ratio

Isaiah Evans
Isaiah Evans

It’s a waste to even get a degree. I’m a 6’4 chef at Wendy’s with a 9 inch dick and I make 140k a year

Thomas Baker
Thomas Baker

Get a CS degree

coding is a meme bugman job

Attached: coder-numale-faggot.png (430 KB, 665x706)

Parker Lee
Parker Lee

How does 1/pi even equal that?

Carter Brown
Carter Brown

Doctors, engineers, computer fags, they are all just the same retards you see working at Wal Mart, but with a piece of paper. A certificate of employability.

THIS, especially doctors

Caleb Moore
Caleb Moore

Actuary?

Lucas Kelly
Lucas Kelly

Hahahahahahaha imagine being this retarted

James Taylor
James Taylor

Maybe, but coding significantly opens up your options for working at home and being your own boss.

Charles Anderson
Charles Anderson

ai and the computer itself will replace you in like 5 years, have fun with no job.

Camden Mitchell
Camden Mitchell

Use the correct image

Attached: mathematician.jpg (34 KB, 640x427)

Logan Cruz
Logan Cruz

180k is a number so large I don't know what I'd do with the money. It's unreal to me. I got out of the military making $32,000 / year and I felt like I was rich. I'm half way through my CS degree now. If I can manage to get a job for $60,000 I feel like I'll have 'made it'. I did fail a discrete math class and I got a little scared. So far everything is pretty straight forward, and the people in my classes have been friendly and nice people. I'm so happy about this career change. CompSci seems great.

Alexander Smith
Alexander Smith

I'm making that in Austin on my 2nd job (started in the bay area tbf)

Elijah Russell
Elijah Russell

Get a CS degree
College is a fucking Jewish scam. I dropped out after my first year and got an internship where I worked 20 hours a week and got paid for it. Now I have a full-time salaried position and am making $120k/year
Fuck universities, and fuck their scams

Jackson Peterson
Jackson Peterson

Seattle is the best place to be in tech for pay/cost of living ratio
Which isn't saying much... I know for a fact Microsoft starts at ~100k. Add in your 50% tax rate and the fact that anywhere that is not a shithole in Seattle costs a million+.

Liam Cooper
Liam Cooper

Actuarial exams are not easy

Christopher Foster
Christopher Foster

Washington State doesn't have income tax. I live in Redmond and less than 25% of my wages are taken away due to taxes

Matthew Hernandez
Matthew Hernandez

120 is chump change

Samuel Ward
Samuel Ward

Nostalgia ahead

Evan Evans
Evan Evans

Doesn't the M stand for medical? In which case tons of women work as doctors and nurses

Gabriel Bell
Gabriel Bell

I've taken 4 in the past year and a half, they've all been pretty easy as far as I'm concerned

Dylan Morgan
Dylan Morgan

Maybe with a PhD lol

Lucas Gomez
Lucas Gomez

get a math degree and be an actuary seeing 120k after just 2 exams.

Levi Carter
Levi Carter

Math PhD master race here.
Have fun chasing your shekels goyim

Nathaniel Perez
Nathaniel Perez

no its mathematics

Jaxon Morales
Jaxon Morales

Maybe if you're a retard

Sebastian Ramirez
Sebastian Ramirez

Too bad they only let you into stem programs if you're a woman. I don't even blame Google for hiring poos.

Jeremiah Parker
Jeremiah Parker

Meh, its not as simple as that but yeah actuary is a very lucrative career. I just got a 6 month internship starting in January that pays $30/hr with full benefits. Hopefully, it turns into a permanent position.

Angel Smith
Angel Smith

He's right though.

Owen Collins
Owen Collins

You’re a nigger if you’re not working through a Cisco track towards CCIE level cert.

Henry Watson
Henry Watson

This.
All this shit relies on electricity and someday the lights will go out.

Christopher Cook
Christopher Cook

You have to be retarded to not get into a decent stem program regardless of race

Jose Barnes
Jose Barnes

CPAfag here. Easily most based and redpilled profession with miminal impact from women and minorities like (((STEM)))

Samuel Long
Samuel Long

Nobody said anything about race nigger.

Charles Edwards
Charles Edwards

For a 19-year old with <1 year of professional experience and no college degree, it's quite good

Thomas Richardson
Thomas Richardson

Imagine actually believing this

See if the average retard from Walmart knows dick about basic physiology, process control, circuits, or even how to work a fuckign excel spreadsheet.

Caleb Sanchez
Caleb Sanchez

implying CS degree = making money

Attached: 7fe[1].png (68 KB, 600x411)

Landon Hill
Landon Hill

get math degree
work for 30k/year as a substitute teacher in elementary school

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

Software Development is good for young people... But as you grow older it sucks more and more :

Technology changes rapidly and your experience becomes irrelevant over time
if you are 50+ yrs old -- Good luck finding a job.
You are constantly challenged by and have to compete with young energetic programmers who know new tech much better then you are.

Liam Diaz
Liam Diaz

this guy gets it

if everyone studied stem. stem degrees would become worthless.

Thomas Carter
Thomas Carter

you need to be very good at math to earn that much. regulars earn 100k just by programming basic extensions or something like that for web apps and services or websites.

Levi Bailey
Levi Bailey

Become a quant anywhere in the NYC megalopolis region

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

this image was made by a woman
powerful.

James Hughes
James Hughes

Dude if you had a CS degree and took the time to get an A+ I would throw your resume in the trash.

Angel Johnson
Angel Johnson

This. If you wan't to own land/homestead, CS is really the only option if you don't want to be dirt poor.

Angel Gutierrez
Angel Gutierrez

So you're saying I should not put A+, Net+ or Sec+ on my resume? I used to do helpdesk IT

Xavier Walker
Xavier Walker

wtf is a "quant"

Landon Reyes
Landon Reyes

This is what losers and lazies actually believe.

Ethan Peterson
Ethan Peterson

Take a symbolic logic philosophy course first, it really helps.

Liam Allen
Liam Allen

Technologies are changing so fast, it doesn't make sense to invest into learning something deeply and thoroughly - by the time you become a guru in something, it gets obsolete and you have to start from scratch...
This is very frustrating and
is the main reason why there are so many shitty programmers out there... Vast majority of programmers aren't any good.

Jaxon Moore
Jaxon Moore

I used to do helpdesk IT

Would you say "IT is my field"?

Juan Davis
Juan Davis

It might be fine if you include Network+ and Sec+, but they are only really applicable in networking and information assurance positions.

Asher King
Asher King

Too much competition, better stick with humanities.

Logan Evans
Logan Evans

If you aren't in a team lead / management position by your 50s you fucked up somewhere.

Aiden Anderson
Aiden Anderson

You make this in SF or Seattle but then tranny tax police sodomize you and take 60% of your annual income every day.

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

no they don't. CS is literally ant-work.

Ian Wilson
Ian Wilson

The thing is that the land is 90% of the value of that purchase. You could build something twice as big for a couple hundred thousand.

Easton Hill
Easton Hill

Thread full of CSc wagecucks
Why am I not surprised

Nathaniel Robinson
Nathaniel Robinson

If you're a top tier autist with an autistic father who made you do math and programming since age 2 and you can outperform 4 pajeets then yes you will make 400k.
No one pays that much money just because you got a degree.

Nathaniel Phillips
Nathaniel Phillips

work with computers
get replaced by poo in loo because they take 1/5 of the pay
faggots

Matthew Hughes
Matthew Hughes

Try finding any decent job without getting passed over for a pajeet or chink these days. That cancer is everywhere these days

Joshua Cruz
Joshua Cruz

I just graduated. Got a 180k offer from amazon and a 200k offer from google. Im a little disapointed they are so low. I think im gonna amazon still even though its the lower one because i think they have better products.

Jonathan Butler
Jonathan Butler

youre actually retarded lol

Jose White
Jose White

Don't you have a post on /x/ to make? This is all bait right?

Julian Garcia
Julian Garcia

Got my masters in food science and only make 70 k in Massachusetts. Feelsbadman

Chase Rivera
Chase Rivera

Seattle is a shit city and it's getting worse all the time. I wouldn't walk to work in that city and the traffic is 3rd world tier.

Attached: 1540883903326.jpg (102 KB, 715x960)

Hunter Nguyen
Hunter Nguyen

Based
STEM nerds btfo

Adrian Taylor
Adrian Taylor

The best part is you won't have to work at either, the only reason they're hiring you is to remove you from the market and keep you away from their competitors.

Lucas Nelson
Lucas Nelson

In Massachusetts a bachelors in CS starts in the 80 k range

Eli Anderson
Eli Anderson

Everyone including their dog and grandmother and mothers now want to learn Koding. Lol. And everyone think they too will get 100k usd someday.

Just make sure you have one extra bullet when "the truth hits you"

Chase Nguyen
Chase Nguyen

QUANTITATIVE
MATH SPECIALIST LOOK AT HIM
LOOK AT HIS FACE
LOOK AT HIS EYES

Hunter Miller
Hunter Miller

no education or job prospects outside customer service
want to go back to get a degree in computing with good pay so I can buy my own house in the middle of nowhere and tell everyone to fuck off
don't know what degree to get

So if CS is out the question with poos in the street what do I go for?

Brandon Cruz
Brandon Cruz

You’re too old to get into tech. Don’t get me wrong you aren’t too old to turn your life around, just tech discriminates heavily against people past the age of 21. Consider getting a certificate for some easy job no one wants to do. My buddy got his certificate in state water maintaince, cushy job and pays decent.

Xavier Adams
Xavier Adams

These people are retarded, CS pays a lot and is still viable if you are good and are willing to go to the US. Everywhere else in the world though I don't think its worth it. Pretty much any trade will make more than CS in the rest of the 'western' world.

Eli Sanchez
Eli Sanchez

Have you notice everybody in cs with high iq usually has some sort of deformaty to balance themselves out as normal?

Connor Ross
Connor Ross

man this thread is cringe af
i bet u guys are all uneducated wagecucks

btw i make 400000000000000k as an astronaut

Xavier King
Xavier King

Yesterday i saw an article is freecodecamp about a woman that becomes frontend engineer, previously a mcCuck burger flipper.

You know what is her job? Html,css and a stay at home mom now. The cringiest shit i ever read. We need to start lynching white knights.

Ryder Allen
Ryder Allen

get electrical engineering degree
get 70k job offer in rural and poor state
live extremely well for a few years before finding a 160k house in a great neighborhood.
laugh at idiot's taking ""more money"" in extremely expensive areas.

Eli Cruz
Eli Cruz

*in

Not to mention lots of obvious extroverts and chads are now in tech industry repeating basic knowledge. It is so cringy. These are not people that likes computer. They are forced.

Aiden Brooks
Aiden Brooks

get a degree in bullshit
make -250K
never pay it back
collapse the banking system

Jeremiah Taylor
Jeremiah Taylor

Protip: if you're over 40 and get turned down for people with no experience get a lawyer because you absolutely CAN sue for age discrimination. Most of these asshole tech companies dont know about that age diversity they're about to get enriched with

Sebastian Davis
Sebastian Davis

If anything I think I'm the right age for tech and as I have more experience in knowing what people want to hear in interviews etc I could get a job easy as long as I have the qualification to back it.

Well I'd want to stay in the UK for a while to get some money behind me then move overseas to someplace with nice warm weather. America would seem good if not for their shit healthcare and its full of arseholes.

Alexander Lopez
Alexander Lopez

HTML + CSS = empowered front end engineer.

medium.freecodecamp.org/how-i-went-from-stay-at-home-mum-to-front-end-web-developer-39724046692a

Lincoln Reyes
Lincoln Reyes

you flyover shithole is used for DARPA experiments.
See, "Operation LAC".

Jose Campbell
Jose Campbell

Technology
Engineering
I'm confused.
No I'm not, get a science, math or engineering degree, but "STEM" is a leftist meme to program monkeys to push buttons for a living.

Alexander Hughes
Alexander Hughes

There is some truth to it. The biggest deciding factor in good grades is the willingness to follow orders. That's it. I knew a guy with a 95 IQ who had the grades worthy of a pre med.

Cameron Ward
Cameron Ward

It's all about that earnings / cost of living ratio. You're living smart

Camden Peterson
Camden Peterson

No one gives a shit about my little city. Tens of thousands of residents, poorer and less educated than average in a rural and poor state and there is no interstate access.

Matthew Morgan
Matthew Morgan

Postgrad seismic reflection geophysicist here.

Got applications in the works for BP, CGG, PGS, DUG and Shearwater.

And they say all us reactionary rightwingers are NEET losers haha

Nolan Phillips
Nolan Phillips

CS is a tragedy story, it is very new and lots of possibilities, but judging from the amount of normies, feminist, rajeesh that are becoming "engineers". It is going to die because the companies will be bankrupt thanks to inefficiency and workers that cannot perform, but you cannot fire because the entire company consider her as "core part of the team".

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

What do you do?

Benjamin Collins
Benjamin Collins

How do I get good at math? I just found out what exponents were 2 years ago and I'm 25.

Lincoln Evans
Lincoln Evans

I recommend KhanAcademy.org

Jaxson Russell
Jaxson Russell

Software engineer for 8 years. Personally i am doing OK but the industry is non profitable and very inefficient.

Evan Rodriguez
Evan Rodriguez

I tried that, got far, and then lost any knowledge I retained for it because I don't regularly use math.

Zachary Garcia
Zachary Garcia

This

Gavin Taylor
Gavin Taylor

Math is a meme. You will be a good Software engineer if you learn english and art because you need it for marketing and to become one man army.

Don't listen to LARPERS.

Austin Cox
Austin Cox

I want to be an electrical engineer.

Lucas Ward
Lucas Ward

Your main concern is that there are too many low preforming employees, and that will lead to large personnel cuts that could affect you?

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

200k offer from google
take it you faggot, it goes up every year

Carter Foster
Carter Foster

Top kek. Good luck finding a cuck that can afford to pay for your salary in this economy. Same goes to the guy that wants to become anything related to petrolium industry.

Only designers and programmers can find job these days. The rest you have to compete with thousands of normies that lie in their resume

Brandon Jackson
Brandon Jackson

Your requirement for "not a retard" is top 1% of all math graduates?

Carson Nguyen
Carson Nguyen

I want to be an electrical engineer because my dad was, I don't care about the pay.

Josiah Mitchell
Josiah Mitchell

No i want it to happen, but it stays like this which is why i am a pessimist. It is actually getting worse. But thankfully companies are starting to feel the pocket money is becoming thin

Owen Hall
Owen Hall

Or even in Silicon Valley. $150K is a more typical software engineer salary in Silicon Valley.

Benjamin Cruz
Benjamin Cruz

Your dad lives in an era where people are not poor or saddled with debt.

Nicholas Scott
Nicholas Scott

check'd
You need math for EE. If you lost your math skills, refresh back to where you were and make sure you stay on top of it. Try the 'learn one thing a day' approach or set half an hour aside every day. Life is a grind, just have to do it

Josiah Gomez
Josiah Gomez

everyone ITT is a chef at Wendys
You guys need a hobby aside from Jow Forums. Really.

Attached: who-could-it-be.jpg (38 KB, 400x400)

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

No. I'm a 20 year Silicon Valley veteran. In Silicon Valley, even salaries over $200K are rare for engineers that are not in management. At *some companies* average engineers have *total compensation* up in that range due to their stock options. But you don't have that as a junior engineer because your stock options aren't fully vested for a few years and unless you got in early you're not likely to get a very large stock option package.

Ethan Torres
Ethan Torres

So what's the deal? What's starting for an average guy with a fresh degree?

Elijah Reed
Elijah Reed

of COURSE you are

Attached: jew-basic.jpg (38 KB, 600x600)

Hudson Perry
Hudson Perry

software engineer veteran here

Here’s the deal with poos. Companies clamour to increase profit by hiring indians over americans but the problem they face is the quality of work that comes back from India. Now, H1B visas are being restricted so for now US programmers are safe.

The pay is decent for the work. It’s white collar and there is no required training like doctors have to do on their annual education.

You really do need a degree though, despite some posts here talking about boot camps and such. Companies really won’t take you too seriously without a formal education and experience.

$90k - 150k is typically the range of salary, depending upon if you’re contracting and region

fortune 500 software engineer with 15+ years in the industry

Aiden Rodriguez
Aiden Rodriguez

Are yiu being sarcastic mutt? Noone is paying you a third of a million to have a uni degree certificate.

Elijah Wilson
Elijah Wilson

Implying they will hire anyone who used Jow Forums
How many back checks do you think they have?

Christian Williams
Christian Williams

In Brazil, they are two different courses :
Licenciatura: to teachers till high school level
bacharelado: to really study advanced STEM, university level
most people don't make to the end of bacharelado. In public universities, they start with a class with 100 people and end with 2-5 people.

Landon Nguyen
Landon Nguyen

With a 4-year degree in CS? Depends on what you do. If you're doing system software (e.g. writing drivers for Android) maybe as high as $150K. If you're only doing build system automation or something like that maybe as low as $100K. If you really want the potential to make big bucks you have to start working at a startup for a less-competitive salary and get a bigger stock option package. Stock option grants at established companies tend to be meager. I've been through two startups. It was the stock options that made me a multi-millionaire, not the salary.

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

being this "retarted"

Andrew Howard
Andrew Howard

no need to be misogynistic.

there is such a thing as a based woman in the real STEM fields.

the rest can take a hike.

Lincoln Rivera
Lincoln Rivera

So many retarded LARPers in this thread

Yeah I'm sure all of you make 120k lmao

Retarded idiots. That's a CEO salary

Thomas Russell
Thomas Russell

Pol im doing a physics degree what should i look into doing after?

Attached: ME-IN-REALITY.png (516 KB, 1067x1200)

Brody Lewis
Brody Lewis

Redpilled

Jayden Robinson
Jayden Robinson

idiot, they are paying in RSUs now, not worthless options anymore

Nathaniel Williams
Nathaniel Williams

ceo salary
move along everyone nothing to see here. just a meme flag

Attached: clinton.jpg (80 KB, 517x650)

Ethan Torres
Ethan Torres

This man knows what’s up

Grayson Smith
Grayson Smith

Surely, startups are still giving out stock options? I got ISOs pre-IPO. Got non-quals for performance grants afterwards. Get RSUs now though.

William Evans
William Evans

Software. I've got a Master's degree in Physics.

Juan Adams
Juan Adams

CS means being a code monkey that will be replaced by another fresh outta college code monkey by the age of 40. If you get fired/made redundant good luck finding a new job, the whole point of the CS/IT promotion among youth is to drive down the wages.

Attached: apVXwGQ.jpg (115 KB, 2048x2040)

Hudson Watson
Hudson Watson

startups don't pay shit now, FANG is where it's at

Chase Torres
Chase Torres

You clearly don't work in software. Experience is very important in software. Young guys know nothing -- need to be trained. The push to promote CS is because there's a serious shortage of qualified software engineers. I'm nearly 50 and nearly every company in The Valley would hire me in a heartbeat because I know what I'm doing. I've never heard management complain that salaries are too high -- only that we can't find enough qualified people.

Brandon Watson
Brandon Watson

pc's really are a meme
the USA is going to become a banana republic soon and faggots ITT are worried about getting a job
gg we lost the game

Thomas Moore
Thomas Moore

Let's see how that goes come next recession. I've been through the Tech Bubble and the Great Recession. I have a feeling FANG's grand plans will get curtailed sharply and there will be moderate layoffs and some defections amid falling stock prices. It's gotta happen at some point.

Dylan Turner
Dylan Turner

yeah and startups will all fold up shop

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

Paul Krugman up in the hizzy

Cooper Taylor
Cooper Taylor

This guy gets it. I have friends in the industry and you’ll only make good money working for the top firms. Anything outside and you’ll get no more than an average stem job.

And even the top firms don’t pay nearly as much as advertised on this retarded board. Muh 400k job starting out. Bullshit. Maybe in a senior position with half of it as stock options.

Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

I just applied to google with a BS in Computer Science from an ivy league school. They offer around $70k plus some nice sign-up bonuses.

Sebastian Lee
Sebastian Lee

If I get into IT are my going to have to work with hipster faggots and self important millennial sjws like these losers who make youtube videos sponsored by bootcamps?

Liam Thomas
Liam Thomas

Actuarial?

Josiah Jackson
Josiah Jackson

Just live on the West Coast of America and be in loads of debt to a university 4head

Jordan Evans
Jordan Evans

I wasted the last 6 years of my life working wagie jobs and wi be beginning my CS degree in the spring. Fuck everybody that posts here

Nicholas Gonzalez
Nicholas Gonzalez

better learn how to use that slide rule quick folks.

Logan Nguyen
Logan Nguyen

What city? That can't be a Silicon Valley salary. You'll have a hard time living on that in The Valley. I was making $85K when I first moved there in the late `90s. But I had a Master's degree and some experience.

Austin Sanchez
Austin Sanchez

The first 2 are not that hard from what I heard.

Joseph Adams
Joseph Adams

shill the cs degree
everyone at unis/colleges studying cs
surplus of retarded fresh graduate 21 year olds
what is supply and demand

Cameron Wood
Cameron Wood

Making $220k as a swe at 28 years old in maryland. Maybe you're just the retard the give lowball offers to so they can give the rest of your salary to the smart engineers.

Attached: tumblr-p1ig6gZNsC1tayv9vo1-500.jpg (37 KB, 500x323)

Oliver Green
Oliver Green

certs
maple nigger
Are you originally from India?

Jeremiah Nguyen
Jeremiah Nguyen

It depends. You can find work that isn't shit if you're good and picky about where you work.

I enjoy the work that I do and I'm paid well for it.

Caleb Rogers
Caleb Rogers

CPA here I want to kms