Why don't some girls want to have a status on fb? I'm a teen, 19, she's almost 18...

Why don't some girls want to have a status on fb? I'm a teen, 19, she's almost 18. It's not a secret and social media is a large part of a teenager's life. I would like the feeling of kind of bragging and being proud I'm with her, so why don't some people want to? I'm aware it's a stupid question.

Attached: d00.jpg (500x305, 30K)

Because social status can't make you happy, but there's someone out there that can, having "the" gf isn't as important as having the right person.

>She doesn't feel like bragging about you
>She values her privacy more than you do
>She actually is in love with Timmy from high school and still hopes he asks her out
>She has her whole family on facebook and doesn't want them to know

Plenty of reasons.

I think I actually have the right person right now mate. It baffles me.

True, thanks.

>I'm a teen

I think you've answered your own question. Teens are notoriously insecure and whatever so making it "facebook official" might seems like a big deal that they're not ready for.

It could also be that they simply forgot about it.

They might also be trying to hide the relationship from their parents or whatever, or maybe they don't consider it to be a relationship in the same way you do. Some people have "dating" and "going steady" or whatever in two separate categories of relationships.

Do kids still use facebook?
What is the fucking point?
Just meet in person.

>hurrrr durrrr social media kids this days

I rolled my eyes in real life.

Well that makes explaining simpler, the right person makes your social life better, people identify you as couple and things work from there.

Her parents know about me and I have chatted with them often on the phone whilst speaking with her.

I asked her if she'd want a status and she says she "can't be bothered" or something like that.

It's a great tool to keep up with people's lives. For example, without facebook I would never be able to keep in touch with a friend of mine who I kept in touch with when I was in a foreign country. 9 years of not seeing each other in real life and the friendship is still going strong.

Facebook is ironically a boomer thing at this point.

I don't mean 30 year old meme boomers, I meant their parents and aunts and uncles the 65 year old actual Baby Boomers just LOVE facebook

Yeah I guess so. Thanks

I use it to keep in touch with friends. It's cheaper than texting or phoning someone and literally everyone has an account.

>I asked her if she'd want a status and she says she "can't be bothered" or something like that.

Are you dating karl pilkington?

I mean it doesn't take any effort to click on the thing and change it to "in a relationship with user McAnon"

That's exactly what I though. No idea why she doesn't want to
We used to go out earlier a few months back and she had no problems then, despite me saying that it's a bit too early. Fucking weird mate.

Bump

My bf was the same, it took me a few months to even change my status to in a relationship. I still haven't said with who. I love him to bits, but it still feels weird that I'm actually in a relationship. Am 18F and he is my first. I think I'm still just subconsciously scared it won't last so I don't want everyone I have on FB to know about it. Facebook is not a huge part of my life, though, my friends had to set it up for me recently.

It's weird mate. It's not a secret amd I don't understand it.

I know, I feel completely irrational when I think about it lmao. Idk what her reasons are but those are mine I guess. I will put his name on my profile soon, maybe ask next time we talk.

She wants to stay open for Chad while she uses you as an emotional tampon

Yeah, good luck.

Doubt it.

Bump

It's because she isnt really commited With you. When she finds a guy (or a guy she already likes) search her on fb, they Will see she's single.

That's what i'm fearing as well. I don't fucking get women mate

Bump

>Why don't some girls want to have a status on fb?
Because who the fuck actually cares when a relationship is 'Facebook official' anymore?

My fiance and I both don't have any relationship status on Facebook.

This is not as big a deal as you think it is.

As I said, I'd want to kind of "brag" that I have her, feel proud and stuff.

>It's not a secret and social media is a large part of a teenager's life.
Only because you think it is you fuck. Social media is gay as fuck, and a shitty way to waste your time. Find more fulfilling things to do in life then trying to impress your friends' acquaintances on fb, Twitter, and Instagram.

That is so gay. Is she like a moose you shot or something? Like a big bass? Like, don't brag about her like that.

I don't think so

Why not?