Why shouldn't I kill myself?

Why shouldn't I kill myself?

Attached: 1530476973192.jpg (500x500, 47K)

I don't think there is a reason not to. Life is ultimately pointless, and "happiness" doesn't really exist. Every egocentric societal ideal is an illusion and the things we experience in everyday life are distractions from the futility of existence. Some people chase their own constructed ideas of fulfillment to stave off the inevitability of disappearing completely, some accept the reality of nothingness and wait for death. I'll probably kill myself soon. Whether old age or suicide, they're just a means to an end.

because you are looking for reasons not to kill yourself. you'll never find them if you kill yourself.

>The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.

If you were going to do it you wouldn't have posted it here
Stop begging for attention and go call a suicide hotline if you're actually thinking about it

if you are genuinely thinking about it, call a suicide hotline. They'll give you the answers.

>If you were going to do it you wouldn't have posted it here
Why do you think that?

I called the number and was on hold for 20 minutes before I just hung up.

Why not wait until biology kills you? Is your life so painful?

What do they talk about in those lines?

My life is nothing. I am alive but not living, so to speak. Why wait for so many years? Why do anything when it will be for nothing? Those fortunate enough to believe in happiness through whatever means of psychological self-defense are who benefit from long lives. Those who can't feel the contentedness of artificial purpose are locked into a state of nothingness, purgatory if you like.

Because people that kill themselves dont go telling people they're going to, they just do it and leave reasons why in some suicide letter. You're here asking about it because it's obvious you dont want to do it because if you did you would've already done it

The majority of suicides are impulse-driven and abrupt occurrences. Premeditation does happen in a minority of cases. I find those most curious about the "whys" and "why nots" are often the most seriously contemplative.

That's actually a great question
A lot of people tell us stuff like "suicide isn't the answer," but like... who gives a shit if you're going to be dead?

I've attempted suicide before but I gave it up because I realized that I was going to be dead for way longer than being alive, and that there wasn't any going back. What people don't realize is that, well, you can't prove anything about an afterlife. You may as well just play it safe and get a religion.

Killing yourself potentially sends you to eternal suffering in practically every religion. Easily sounds like a load of bullshit, but hey, who are we to say that?

I think you should.

Do it, punk.

>Pascal's Wager

are you for real

No matter how you do it, not only will it be incredibly painful, but a horrible pain the last thing you will feel.

Why would you user? Life is great
Go to a party, get drunk, have fun
Things will get better
I promise

Spoken like an oblivious drone.

I've never been invited to a party.

Too much effort.

Attached: 103.jpg (480x608, 66K)

It's shit. You just sit around and talk with a bunch nobodies while they drink and loud, obnoxious music plays.

Because there is nothing afterwards. Ull never experience a good life If u kill yourself when times get hard

Because I haven't killed myself yet either.

I'm tired of taking up the reins and running the entire business. 6:30AM to 5:30PM daily, with only a 10 minute lunch. That's not what I signed up for. I'm a mechanic, and by all means I can pull up my big-boy pants and do all the paperwork, warranty work, sales, phone calls, parts lookup, schedule pickup and delivery, ordering, and accounting, but fucking damnit I didn't sign up for this. Sure, every once in awhile is fine, but having to go balls to the wall and not be able to get back into the shop and do any work on units that are just sitting there? Hard no.

And on top of that, I hit up my grandparent's place to visit after work every day. Do I get to just visit? No. Grandpa wants help with his shit there because ONLY I APPARENTLY KNOW HOW TO FIX SHIT. I love them to death, but getting there and not getting home until 9-10PM is fucking ruining me.

And yet I stay. Just quit? I would. I'd blow my fucking brains out and then some. I struggle with not doing it everyday. It'd be so easy, just line up the shot in my mouth to the top of the back of my head, pull the trigger, and it's all over! No more responsibility, no more work, no more fatigue, no more sleepiness.

But I haven't killed myself yet.