Selfies

Why do i look ok in my phone right before i shoot a selfie and then im an atrocity in the actual picture? LUL

Attached: homefakelotpublic_htmlitwp-contentuploadswpcf7_uploads0018753567maurizio-costanzo-selfie-pubblicato- (700x698, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-do-I-look-good-in-the-mirror-but-bad-in-photos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Low self-esteem, probably.

Most phones mirror the screen when taking photos and then flip the picture to match reality after you take it. You've mostly seen your face mirrored, so it looks off when it's correct in pictures.

Possible but objectively i look ass in pictures whereas i get some compliments/looks IRL

How can you objectively say that?

Also, maybe you get nervous when it comes to pics and that's how you ruin them.

I do have a 50euro phone. That might not be helping

Suele pasar que te vez muy como el culo suele

It can't be that. I'm not OP but I have 2 mirrors in a 90ยบ angle in my bathroom and I can see myself not-mirrored in them. And I still have the same problem.
I think it's just lighting, lenses or the fact that some people look better in motion. My mother looks alright in person but she looks like a nightmare monster in photos. I know two girls who are super hot in person and look like ugly weirdos in photos. It's just about being photgenic or not unfortunately imo.
You gotta try and see what's your best angle and best lighting. For example I try to look a bit to the right when I'm in a phot (and stand on the left) because my face seen from the other side appears longer. And in a photo we tend to stop and pay attention to more details imo.
By the way, don't forget that we are all our own worst critics and that we see imperfections other people may not notice.

Smartphone camera lenses also distort the proportions. I don't know if the issue might be worse some some models. Google might have some tips on that.

boskeletonrp

I meant to say i think i look worse than i do irl. I dont get nervous at all becouse i know i'll delete them right after and nobody is going to see them lmao.

>I meant to say i think i look worse than i do irl.

Yes, how can you say that? You don't see your own face most of the time.

In the mirror im not like in pictures in my eyes

Why do you take pictures? Why were you taking selfies when you noticed this?

Becouse i want some picture of me on my instagram/whatsapp to not look like a fake/creep

And that's why a mirror doesn't bother you and the selfies do. The mirror is for you, the selfies are to project an image.

I'd say thats only part of the reason but sure, thanks.

But the image we want to project is a good image, as good as it looks in the mirror.

The mirror doesn't stay online for people to copy and laugh about. That's one of the many differences between mirror and pictures.

I still don't get your point. I mean if the mirror's image were the actual photo I wouldn't mind if it stayed online forever because I see myself okay in the mirror. As opposed to a photo where I look like crap. In other words, this means I can't put a photo online because I look bad in it. When I just wished the photo looked as good as what I see in the mirror.
(I'm not OP btw)

>I still don't get your point

What you see alone in the bathroom to what you see when you are checking a picture to decide if you should immortalize in on the internet matters.

Cameras don't magically turn you ugly.

quora.com/Why-do-I-look-good-in-the-mirror-but-bad-in-photos

To me those two things are the same. When I take a selfie for a profile pic I wear my favorite t-shirt, make sure my hair is good enough, etc.
I think what you say is probably the case of people who take many selfies to see what they look like. Idk about OP, I never take selfies unless I need a profile pic (and I have had like 3 different profile pics tops in my life).

>I never take selfies unless I need a profile pic

OP is taking pics to set up his online presence, so he is checking them really hard.

Yeah good point. You are right, when it's a photo it's inevitable to just notice every single detail and giving an extra thought because we assume people will stop and stare at it too.
For OP, I noticed some safe photos could be a black and white selfie where you don't see your arms holding the phone (looks like a portrait) or a nightclub photo hopefully taken by someone else where you are drinking from one of those big plastic/paper cups. Otherwise maybe a photo taken from an angle slightly above your head, pointing down, and you looking up.

Other than being self conscious?
Bad lighting that emphasizes imperfections can be one thing.
Unflattering angles can be another thing.
It's also very likely you tense up when taking a picture making your face look like shit when taking a picture.