I have a younger sibbling addicted to technology...

I have a younger sibbling addicted to technology. They have had a history of watching inappropriate and participating in discussions not sutible for their age (topics such as mass shootings, explosives, suicide and sexual misconduct) and viewing content such as cartoon gore and sexualized cartoon characters. They have also stolen phones from their teachers and classmates whenever their own phone was taken away from them. Once when I tried to check their phone to make sure they where not continuing this behavior they reacted by snarling, hissing, bitting and clawing at me with their fingernails in order to try and get their phone back. Because of these actions and many many more I check her technology at random. Just this morning I had found out that they where willingly choked at school just a few days ago. They are usually never punished for these actions at home, only at school. This is because our parent who despite always searching through my devices and even my gaming console whenever they are outside of my field of vision never searches my younger siblings phone and only takes actions to restrict my younger siblings online behavior whenever other adults from other families are involved. I have been called a paranoid tyrant by my parent. I need advice on how I can still keep track of my younger siblings online behavior without getting caught by either my parent or my sibling. I don't even know the lock patter to my younger siblings phone. They're about the same age as the child on the picture while I am in my teens. I have never been able to get along with them for a day in my life. Have any advice?

Attached: little-boy-looking-at-phone-on-couch-1024x576-1515610949.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

You aren’t the parent. It’s none of your business. Don’t try to be the parent. You will not be obeyed, only resented, and you’ll lose your sibling. Your parents will not side with you.

I am telling you from experience. Talk to your parents. Give them the evidence. STOP trying to be a parent. It’s not your place.

You're a control freak and you're not her parents, so stop acting like you have to invade her privacy and control her internet traffic under some misguided notion of how she ought to be raised and of what she should consume online.

Basically what the other dude said if the parents suck at parenting you cant really be one for them it has to come from the actual parents

I have tried talking to my parents. But nothing has been done. Even when they are stealing phones no action is taken to restrict their behavior.

Well if they're regularly looking and talking about stuff that is inappropriate and they are stealing phones from other people, what am I supposed to do?

Because parents can't and won't do anything
You basically have to beat the shit out of the kid, or wait for someone else to do it. Kids these days don't listen to any regular shit.

I do not want to hurt anybody.

I know you don't, I'm telling you some swole ass nigguh kid is gonna hurt the shit out of them when they steal his phone.

Like one way or another they're going to have to learn, or they could just be a delinquent. I'd seriously consider the fear route, but then, I was always the younger sibling and it worked. So

I think part of the problem is that they're a shitty kid. I'd tell your parents if they don't fix the kid, they're gonna get fucking jumped after school

I'll see how I can explain that to them without immediately getting into trouble.

If your parents won't do anything, it's not your place to do something in their stead. Your parents are right to call you a "paranoid tyrant". You are acting like one. You are not the child's parent.

Seriously, you are clearly underage. You need to gtfo.

Well why isn't my behavior justified? Can you please explan.

>they punish you for being realistic
You gotta be shitting me nigga
Move out, fuckin forget the kid. They're fucked from 'Go.' There's no hope

I apalogize if this is a misinterpretation, but I never said that.

>Well why isn't my behavior justified? Can you please explan.
Because you're not the child's parent, and the parent is the only person who has the legal and moral right to parent. You are a sibling. You can complain to your parents. That is the one-up you have over strangers.

It's as simple as that. You see something that bothers you, fine, tell them. It's up to them. You are behaving exactly as your parents believe: You are being paranoid (as to what your sibling is doing online) and are behaving like a tyrant (dictating, with no right, what your sibling's activities are).

Trying to substitute your parental judgment for the child's parents is as unreasonable and frankly offensive as it would be if some random stranger tried to take over your sibling's rearing. Again, you may complain; that's the one thing you have over strangers. But you may not go farther than that.

Not only is what you're trying to do morally and legally wrongful, it's outrageously presumptuous on your part that you somehow know how to parent this child better than its blood parents. You are yourself a child. I don't care if you're 13 or 17, you're still a child. You lack the life experience, and frankly, the self-awareness to parent this child. And from what you've said in this very thread everything you've tried has not only failed, but has backfired quite spectacularly.

Even if that's so my younger sibling shouldn't be stealing their classmates and teachers phones and talking to stramgers about mass shootings and behaving the way they do. I'm sorry but I don't think I am acting at all out of the ordinary. For years my younger sibling has been caught time and time again doing this things and nothing is being done to keep them from continuing their behavior.

You have no right to parent someone that isn’t your child. Grow the fuck up. You are underage.

I know to some what I am doing seems wrong, but keep in mind this is a child who is regularly talking to strangers online about mass shootings and watching cartoon animals get decapitated. They're way too young to be subjected to these sort of things and they've been behaving like this sense they first got their cell phone at seven. If I can't monoter their behavior then what can I do to lose their interest of the computer?

You can’t do anything. You have no rights or privileges here.

By the way enjoy your ban.

Wait what am I being banned for?

You're on Jow Forums, that's how we all grew up.

>sense
>monoter
Jesus Christ, how old are you?

It’s not your place kid. Move out if it’s such a problem for you.

She's like 15 probably.

>her
Your parents already know she is a lost cause. That's why they only focus on the younger ones.

As a older sibling, yeah, I took that like a fucking truck. I'm promising and gonna be independent, but I have an ok relationship with them at best.

>I have a younger sibbling addicted to technology. They have had a history of watching inappropriate and participating in discussions not sutible for their age (topics such as mass shootings, explosives, suicide and sexual misconduct) and viewing content such as cartoon gore and sexualized cartoon characters.

Why are you asking Jow Forums for advice on this when this place is entirely populated by technology addicts and its content is entirely made up of everything you described?

>they first got their cell phone at seven

and you got your first computer when you were 7 months old.

Keep injecting him with more of it.
1 dude 1 icepick, sad satan, put more.
Soon, we will have a weapons to surpass metal gear.
The future of Jow Forums is going to be the internet's WW2 soldiers.

someone ban OP he is underage

We should stop banning underages and just bully them off, just my opinion.

Would be pretty based desu.

Little do we know that they will grow up and become future Jow Forums members. It makes me swell up with tears.

I'll admit that would be more entertaining.

Ah, if only. Maybe I'll finally be able to get to know my sibling once we discover our interests in Jow Forums.