If men are replaceable, dick is a dime a dozen...

If men are replaceable, dick is a dime a dozen, birth control is everywhere (from condoms to IUDs) and a woman is able to have a college education and a high paying career

Why do 1on1 relationships exist? Why do people emotionally invest in each other if they don't actually *need* each other.

What's the actual point of monogamy?

With social conditions like this it seems like being an amoral loner with a rotating number of multiple, simultaneous sexual partners is the only way to save your ass and enjoy a decent quality of life.

Attached: 2d23f4907d4c43726cc7361ed9874f6c.jpg (500x709, 73K)

Maybe humans are inherently monogamous.

This. It is even reflected by our anatomy and physiology.

Some degenerate is going to come into this thread and cite some age old failed civilization that wasn't monogamous to justify his hedonistic cuck open relationship, but yes you are 100% right

Huh? A man is able to get 20 women pregnant in a weekend. Women are psychologically better adapted to assimilating into different cultures because sometimes tribes got dominated and destroyed and the woman's husband would get replaced by a rapey invader.

If anything werd adapted to be monogamous *for a moment* but in the grand scheme of things people breed around quite often.

It's just magnitudes easier to do so today with first world amenities

>they don't actually *need* each other.
Maybe people do need people, and relationships aren't just a means to acquire currency.

>failed civilization

Every civilization falls dude. No empire lasts forever including this one.

Good to see sane people

You are greatly overthinking this. I think there have always been some people who are not monogamous, and some people who are. Do what you want, and I will do what I want

Rome is eternal.

>I think there have always been some people who are not monogamous, and some people who are

Why are those people different? What causes someone to say fuck it and become a "free-spirited polyam" or an Islamic harem owner? Genetics? Being redpilled? Or a mistake somewhere in their psychological development?

>Why are those people different?
Competing evolutionary strategy.

And in today's "fempowered" world the proper strategy must be one that is non-monogamous

>Why do people emotionally invest in each other if they don't actually *need* each other?
Relationships don't really happen for rational reasons. They happen when you start to catch 'feelings' for someone. Sometimes you just meet a person and you want more than sex.

Attached: 1468370263830.jpg (831x1000, 189K)

this is a very cynical way to think of love & relationships

I think that is yet to be determined. People are buy and large serial monogamists.

well you raise a lot of good questions.

i think we're gonna see a lot more of this and also a lot more open-ish relationships.

i don't know that polyamory will be a social norm at anytime in our lives, but as it stands, people engage in all sorts of varying levels of monogamy.

total monogamy has always been a rare thing. consider how common it was for people to have mistresses at various points in history or how asexual people have assuredly gotten married in the past and then their partner sought sexual satisfaction elsewhere and the pair remain married.

There have always been wives and husbands willing to forgive their constantly cheating partners, is that not just a de facto form of polyamory?

things have always been a mess, it's just that now we have the capacity to actually explore such matters.

>being realistic about observable patterns and trends in how and with whom women decide to have sex in 2018 and wanting to adapt your actions and outlook accordingly is being cynical

Yes, it is. Patterns & trends aside, I know a lot of people in strong, healthy relationships (in 2018, no less!) If you don't want a monogamous relationship, nobody is forcing you. But this whole rant about "there is no point to monogamy anymore, love is a lie" is just incorrect. There may be a trend to normalize casual/non-monogamous sex more today than in pre-birth control times, but there are still tons of people who aren't part of that trend, maybe even still the majority.

There's also tons of incels/male divorcees killing themselves or shooting up schools because they held on to the outdated monogamy meme.

The patterns are going to exponentially get worse as times go on. It truly is adapt or die

there are many benefits to monogamy. i advise you to do your own research instead of asking Jow Forums. if you’re trying to ask why people are still biased towards it, it’s because it’s currently integral to the fabric of global society, and probably will be for a very long time. more good news: only some people need to be monogamous for society to be upheld, not all, so you’re free to be monogamous or not.

Underrated

Attached: ho_ho_ho_ho_ho.jpg (320x454, 74K)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive the fundamental principles of choosing polyamory is of two factors:
-The belief that there is someone better out there
-The feeling of love is aroused by multiple people

Honestly, I prefer monogomy for personal reasons: seemingly more trustworthy, forever companionship, better home life for future children. These may not be correct, so feel free to fact check. As far as worldwide, people are just becoming tolerant to it. It won't take the world by storm, but people will be open to it.

>seemingly more trustworthy, forever companionship, better home life for future children.

Women (and to a lesser extent men) are perfectly capable of swallowing their coworkers jizz and kissing their children goodnight that same day and the husband will NEVER know about it.

You only hear about people who get caught.

So good luck with that.

According to Tesla, in the future, women will behave like queen bees. They will be the power-holders and will have sex with numerous replacable beta men that will essentially just be the drones of the future human society. Men are already submitting to women and their desires.

typical of that kind of person, below zero ‘street smarts’

Tesla was also a permavirgin savant so I wouldn't really listen to his views on romance.

>in the future

Nigga this shit has been happening in the west for years already. We're already there.

Monogamy makes me feel special. I know that to one person, I am irreplaceable, and that one person is irreplaceable for me. I feel like I belong. That's all I really want. I imagine that if I were promiscuous or in a poly relationship I would just feel like one of many. I'd feel average and boring since whoever I'm fucking could easily go out and get someone else, and the same for me.

>the west
beware the psuedo-intellectual shitposter

Past a certain point people are predictable agents in a somewhat chaotic world. It's not unreasonable to apply critical and analytic thinking to them that's why fields like psychology exist.

You don't need to be a chad to understand the dynamics.

Ironically it's the Chad's themselves who tend to NOT see the bigger picture, they just Chad along and don't understand why nor do they care.

Someone who can be both Chad and a cynical analytic type is intimidating and incredibly powerful.

And you are neither.

>feel
>feel
>feel
>feel

Thanks for the nail in the coffin. Monogamy is a fucking joke in today's world.

And you're a faggot hurt durr let's miss the point entirely and fling shit at each other!

Because any other familial structure results in 9/10 kids winding up fucked up beyond belief

>feelings aren't a valid reason to do something.
Literally give me a single example of something not ultimately motivated by feelings.

being born gay

>making decisions solely off feelings results in favorable outcomes

Literally asking questions with faulty premises to regurgitate leftist talking points

Being gay is a property. Admittedly my sentence was poorly structured, but I meant something you do, not just any possible concept in existence.

>regurgitate leftist talking points
such as?

Nigga why do you want favourable outcomes? What informs your idea of favourable?

>trying to talk to an insane person

literally regurgitating spaghetti

NO ONE is born gay!

This is BULLSHIT!

Kids are NOT sexual beings, they don't know what sex is until they are taught.

>why do you want favourable outcomes?

JUST

so why are you gay?

m8 we are talking about relationships here, feelings are literally the entire point. It is entirely clear that you're just bitter, and you feel the need to justify why you're "right" instead of just admitting that you're hurt and afraid

Meh

Men aren't born gay. They just suffer from being single mommied or sexually abused as children then become gay over time.

Women are always bisexual.

>who hurt you?
>shaming tactic playbook line #4

>enlightenment

ok, but there are centuries of evidence that sexual orientation is inherent and unchangeable for a lot of people. Whether it occurs at birth, puberty, or later is really besides the point. We all choose what we do and who we're with, but I don't think any of us really get to choose what we WANT

I'm not shaming you at all, I'm hoping you get over this someday because you're clearly unhappy

You clearly don't get what I'm saying so I'll make it simple:
You want favourable outcomes because you feel like it.
If I play "the why? game" long enough the answer will eventually be "because I feel like it"
God I hate you pseudointellectual faggots.

No there isn't. There is Kinsey who convinced the world of it by working with nazi scientists and setting up/recording pedophiles raping kids, their screams were taken as sexual enjoyment.

Kids do not become sexual on their own. I don't need studies to know this is true. I know through my own life and observation.

Back to r9k with you

You're purposely morphing the context and definition of "feeling" and ignoring years of research so you can justify acting like an impulsive faggot because everything is feels.

The fight or flight, will to survive "feeling" I get if Im cornered by a dude with a knife is the exact same as "feeling special" because your current SO settled for you and only you and touches your private parts sometimes. This is the same feeling that leaders in the Taliban pass on to their followers to blow shit up and rape women as objects and sex slaves. This is the same feeling a baby has when he gets fed his first meal.

Yup no difference between any of these examples this is what you're saying right? OK cool.

I heard Amazon has a back to school deal on school supplies. You might want to check out the sick deals they've got on glue bro I hear they smell wonderful this time of year

I'm not talking about children, I'm talking about adults. I agree with you that sexualizing children one way or the other is not good. But some adults are gay and I really don't think they choose to be that way. They choose to have gay sex or gay relationships, yes, but they don't choose to want those things

I am not turned on at all by vag, it's disgusting to look at other women naked. I'm female.

Having a loyal romantic partner is great. Everyone gets sick, everyone gets tired, everyone gets sad. Having someone around to help you out and cheer you up is a huge advantage, and the only cost is that you do the same for them. The emotional benefits of caring for someone who cares for you in return really can't be overstated; love, when it works, is fucking fantastic.

Sexual monogamy can be part of this, or not, as the partners agree. My experience is that, even if your relationship is technically open, dating is enough of a pain in the ass that sex outside the partnership is a pretty rare occurrence. Why pay for the milk when you've got a cow at home?

Attached: Advanced_Test_Reactor.jpg (800x1051, 64K)

There is no scientific evidence that anyone is born gay.

There's a difference between actively choosing something and being socialized and conditioned to do something without a conscious decision.

"watch what they do, not what they say"

>Having a loyal romantic partner is great. Everyone gets sick, everyone gets tired, everyone gets sad. Having someone around to help you out and cheer you up is a huge advantage, and the only cost is that you do the same for them.

This can be done with nurses, doctors and therapists for cash

>dating is enough of a pain in the ass that sex outside the partnership is a pretty rare occurrence.

Low test beta detected

>why pay for the milk when you've got a cow at home?

Why find another cow when the one at home is disease ridden and stops producing milk?

I think you're right that they have not isolated a "gay gene," or a gay brain signal, or any physically measurable indication of sexual orientation. But there are mountains of available data of gay people existing, attempting to repress or "cure" their sexuality in countless different ways, medical or psychological or spiritual. None of these really have a good success rate.

What is your point? By a certain definition of "scientific evidence" you might be right, but you're ignoring tons of other evidence that people can't choose to change their sexuality at will. At a certain point, why does it even matter?

The research indicates that homosexuality develops in puberty, along with sexuality in general. There seems to be astonishingly little correlation with any social or environmental factors; a certain percentage of people come out gay, regardless. At most, cultural factors can lead to people trying to hide it.

What are you talking about? I've had two lesbians come onto to me and I ran away, I'm not into women.

The fuck are you trying to say? No they're different feelings. Logic is always a means to an illogical end.

The point is it's all lies not science. They are deliberately misleading the public. It's about conditioning.

You don't seem to have any actual points. You can't hire a therapist/nurse/prostitute to live with you, because that would cost $200k per year and you're not gonna spend that. And even if you did, they wouldn't be your friend. Living with your best friend is nicer than living with hired help.

And what's the other bullshit? Something something beta, something something women are diseased?

I think you're just unhappy. It's not that you're monogamous, it's not that you're poly, it's that you're lonely and bitter. This "relationships are dumb!!!!" bullshit is pretty blatant sour grapes.

>All of the evidence assembled by professionals says I'm an idiot
>That PROVES it's a conspiracy! Only the thing I believe can be true! If the facts disagree, they're LIES!

The truth matters!!

this is your post
>everything is feelings therefore if something makes me feel special it must be good yay

I tore that to pieces because you're equating in the moment emotions with long term motives as being one as the same.

There is NO evidence.

> This can be done with nurses, doctors and therapists for cash
You can't replace love and care with money. Your family will always care for you no matter what, we're as a therapist will talk to you only for a set amount of time and pay.

> Low test beta detected
Using a meme in this context is not funny or clever. It's a failure to critical think and use logic on an idea.

> Why find another cow when the one at home is disease ridden and stops producing milk?
Your anagoly is too abstract and unrevelant to the actually disscusion at hand. Most people would just shot a diseased cow and get rid of it, but human being aren't easible disposed in such a way when it comes to relationships.

>You can't hire a therapist/nurse/prostitute to live with you, because that would cost $200k per year and you're not gonna spend that.

A couple visits every two weeks or so should be enough for most people desu

The rest of your post is dick waving

What truth are you talking about? The fact that sexuality isn't genetic doesn't mean it isn't real. What is the point that you're trying to make?

>You can't replace love and care with money.

HA

>a therapist will talk to you only for a set amount of time and pay.

A husband does exactly this, except the pay is vagina. A wife does exactly this, except the pay is actual money.

>Using a meme in this context is not funny or clever. It's a failure to critical think and use logic on an idea.

When you write "it's hard to get girls and sex there fore x" it's hard to take you seriously.

>human being aren't easible disposed in such a way when it comes to relationships.

Any woman with options will tell you exactly otherwise.

Its clear your life experience is severely limited.

No you brainlet, I'm saying long term motives aren't logical.
I want to live a long happy life, and I can delay lots of temporary happiness in that endeavor, but that doesn't mean I can logically justify wanting to love a long happy life.

What are you saying, though? In most cultures through history, people are actively, forcefully conditioned NOT to be gay, and there have always been a certain amount of people that turn out gay anyway.

I know you have heard all that shit about it being genetic. It's not. It's environmental. I hate being lied to.

If you're gay it's probably because you were turned on and then saw a dick and associated the two in your subconscious mind.

That doesn't logically lead to the conclusion people are born gay. Use your brain ffs.

You're replying to two different people m8

People are conditioned to being straight because that's the logical way to continue society. Gays won't reproduce if they never fuck women.

When gays feed off each other's masculine sex drives and inability to get pregnant its kind of hard to actually get shit done outside of fucking each other all the time.

I don't have to listen to Samantha bitch about her period and my fifa addiction I can just fuck Gary all day bye bitch

Anti-homosex sentiments are encouraged to keep society going. Also AIDS is bad mkay

Most straight people are repulsed by the idea of gay sex. They're not just gonna all "go gay" and stop reproducing if society tells them it's ok.
My point is that I don't know or care whether it's environmental or genetic, whether they're "born with it" or it occurs later. Some people are just gay, and it's clear that most of them can't change it if they want to, so this whole debate is essentially pointless. It doesn't really matter what the root cause is, because the result is plain to see, and it's not really such a big fucking deal

If you actually think you can "buy" love, you are actually insane. There is more to love than just "pussy and money". A relationship will not last off of those concepts because there's alway better pussy and always more money to be had. What you are talking about sounds like the general idea of "WHY relationships can be bad", not "relationships ARE bad because..."

> When you write "it's hard to get girls and sex there fore x" it's hard to take you seriously.
I never said this and you sound a little confused.

> Any woman with options will tell you exactly otherwise

I hear and seen this from both men and women. It is up to the individual to decide how they value the humanity of another. You shouldn't let the shallow and evil ideas of the world dicate your path, unless you wish to be controlled by those people. I have enough experience in relationships and life to know this.

What made you come to these conclusions? I'm curious about you.

>it's another "why is monogamy" thread
Oh, back off, kid. You lost your chance with my girl, but keep hitting on her.

"actual point" of it is I want my woman, so I'm keeping my woman. Come the fuck near and I'll break your whore fingers, you degenerate fucking apolygist.

"Born gay" is what we're left with, as various studies have ruled out every environmental factor we can think of. Kids raised by gay couples aren't more likely to be gay. Kids raised by straight couples who hate gays aren't more likely to be gay. Kids who were molested aren't more likely to be gay. Diet: no effect. Exposure to porn: no effect. Climate, chemicals, culture, mother's diet during pregnancy, age of reported first sexual thoughts, nothing.

There are a lot of smart people working on this problem, and the best they've been able to come up with is this: it seems like a certain percentage of people are just gay.

>Most straight people are repulsed by the idea of gay sex. They're not just gonna all "go gay" and stop reproducing if society tells them it's ok.

Holy shit it's like you don't know what conditioning is

Why the hell do we have to pander to base sexual instincts? Where the fuck did we get this idea that it is so sacred that you are gay.

I've known a Christian guy that is likely gay, effeminate... but he chooses to be with women. He controls his urges just as some pedophiles do. It's a choice for him. It's not like if he is with a guy, his life will be happy forever and complete. The only difference is he would be fucking men.

I just don't really think it applies here. Society has CONSTANTLY conditioned people not to be gay, and it doesn't stop some people from being gay. I don't really think that there's any threat of society doing a complete 180 and conditioning people not to be straight. But even if that DID happen, I think the worst-case scenario would be a higher amount of straight people having an "experimental" phase in their youth, similar to how tons of gay people are "closeted" for some time and try to have relationships with the opposite sex.

But at the end of the day, regardless of conditioning or social norms in either direction - the majority of people will continue to be heterosexual, some people will be bisexual, and a small percentage of people will continue to be gay. It has been this way in pretty much every culture and civilization through history, and I honestly don't think there's much threat of a massive change in human nature anytime soon.

Can you be gay but never having fucked a man? If you're gay and you have sex with a woman and ejaculate, do you suddenly become not gay but bisexual? If a lesbian gets wet and has an orgasm in top of a male penis, was she really a lesbian? If she has thoughts of dick but never acts on it, is she actually a lesbian?

You don't have to. Your friend has every right to live his life however he wants. Gay people are capable of repressing their desires, choosing not to act on them, making an effort to be with the opposite sex. But why should they HAVE to? It's not just about "base sexual instincts," there are gay couples that genuinely love each other and like to be together. You don't need to "pander" to it, just leave it alone, it has nothing to do with you. Mind your own damn business.

The issue is that there's nothing wrong with being gay.

If you like eating fruit, fine, eat fruit. Or choose to never eat fruit, even though you like it. Seems dumb, but whatever, it's your life.

On the other hand, if someone says "eating fruit is wrong, you have to stop!" then that's just bullshit. You're not hurting anyone, it's up to you what you want to eat.

Bringing up pedophiles is stupid in this context, because pedophiles can't indulge their urges without harming someone. It's tragic, but there it is. But there's nothing wrong with a gay person having sex with a consenting adult, so the choice of whether to do so should be up to them.

>Can you be gay but never having fucked a man?

Yes. If you're male, and attracted to males, you're gay or bi. Whether or not you ever have sex is up to you.

>If you're gay and you have sex with a woman and ejaculate, do you suddenly become not gay but bisexual?

No. You would be bisexual if you found the woman sexually attractive. Being gay, straight, or bi is about what you're attracted to. What fluids come out of you aren't relevant.

>If a lesbian gets wet and has an orgasm in top of a male penis, was she really a lesbian?

Same. If she finds the male attractive, she's bi. If she doesn't find males attractive, she's a lesbian.

>If she has thoughts of dick but never acts on it, is she actually a lesbian?

If she's sexually attracted to both men and women, she's bi. Doesn't matter if she never has sex with either.

>Yes. If you're male, and attracted to males, you're gay or bi. Whether or not you ever have sex is up to you.

So every man is gay?

I don't give af who you fuck but the fact remains a penis is meant to go in a vagina. I hate that you people deny that. Fuck off and fuck off with trying to trick everyone else by saying it's science that says we are born gay. It isn't science. If you were meant to fuck assholes, you'd have a uterus in your rectum!

my husband and i need each other. he isn't replaceable. no one is. men are tough but even those tough enough to handle it shouldn't be made to feel that way. people aren't replaceable. some of your premises seem faulty.

I thought people who were molested were more likely to be gay actually?

...Not every man is sexually attracted to males, dude. If you are, you're bi. That's fine. You don't have to deny it, you don't have to ever have sex with a man if you don't want to.

>I don't give af who you fuck
You clearly do, and I don't really get it. Nobody is trying to "trick" you, they are just trying to live their own lives the way they want to.

>a penis is meant to go in a vagina

"Meant" by what? By god? Agree to disagree. By nature? Homosexuality is common in a wide variety of species; it seems like having a certain percentage of group members not fighting to reproduce is advantageous to the survival of the species as a whole.

The scientific consensus is that some people are just gay. And some people are straight, and some are bi, and some are asexual, and some have preferences that change throughout the course of their lives, and there's nothing wrong with any of that.

Why are you so freaked out by this?

Also, anal sex is much less common among gays than straight people think. It's kind of inconvenient, you need lube, prep time, etc. Blowjobs and handjobs are more common.

No, that's a myth. It keeps getting repeated because some people really want to believe that being gay is tragic and wrong, and others just hear it and pass it on. But there have been thorough studies, and there doesn't seem to be any factual basis for it.