Do you guys ever see a girl who just seems perfect...

Do you guys ever see a girl who just seems perfect, but realize it's just literally impossible to meet someone who looks and acts like her? A month ago I watched the breakfast club again and I've been obsessed over Ally sheelys character. She's so pretty, funny, all these things, but I realize it's like having a fucking waifu. Is the solution just to start fucking other girls and avoid thinking about her, or that I won't meet someone like her? Maybe 30 years ago it would be possible, since it was the style and tone during the 80s, but regardless.

This happens more often than I'd like to admit. I get obsessed over these girls from 80s movies, just the style and hair and attitude, it's like I'm living in some kind of delusional world. I don't want to live like this anymore, tell me how I can fix myself, I genuinely need help.

Attached: 8e40d11d81de7fa998e6dd8ae47ca6f95bcf5ae2_hq.jpg (1024x998, 56K)

It sounds like you need more real people in your life and less movies.

I have friends and people I talk to. I talk to like 5 different people daily and consistently leave the house and hang out with them, but girls irl just don't seem good enough anymore. I feel like I've reached a point where I don't think it's even possible to find a girl I'd want like I see in these movies.

Do I need to get more friends? Stop watching movies? This shit is seriously eating away at me and causing real damage to my perception.

Imagine having this feeling towards a real girl who you have been working with for over 6 months. Thinking she is everything you want in a girl, she is your dream girl. Then after months of building up the courage you finally ask her out. But she rejects you because she is already seeing someone else.

>but girls irl just don't seem good enough anymore.

That sounds like sour grapes to me. Trying to convince yourself something you can't get just isn't that good.

Get some therapy and yeah, try to spend less time watching movies for a while.

That's your own damn fault for building shit up in your head. If you like someone, you flirt with them and clear any doubts about availability and interest.

I know i fucked that shit up. It's been a few weeks since i asked her out and it still bugs me every single day. It also doesn't help that i still see her at work very often so my feelings towards her don't really diminish. Even though my chances with her have been reduced to negligible.

Sadly I can't afford therapy right now, but I'll definitely cut back on movies. At least 80s movies. I won't lie it probably is sour grapes, I have just yet to be shown it's possible a girl could be as perfect as the girls in these movies. I sound fucking pathetic but I can't help it, it's just how I feel.
At least you had a chance. I'm obsessing over fictional characters in a completely different era.

>Sadly I can't afford therapy right now

Look into non-profits and shit. There are cheap options if you really need them. You just gotta try.

Why did you ask someone out at your work when you didn't even know if she was interested? That's crazy.

I used to have a really good therapist I saw once a week who really helped, but she doesn't take insurance and I can't afford her. If there was anyone I'd want to help me again it would be her.

Do you really think this is a big enough problem for therapy? I also constantly use faggot dating apps so I guess it doesn't help I compare girls on there constantly to these girls in movies. Maybe it'll help if I get rid of them?

>If there was anyone I'd want to help me again it would be her.

You need to learn about realistic expectations. If you can't pay, then you need to find someone else. And yes, I think you need therapy.

Well funny thing is, i thought she actually WAS interested. She initiated conversations with me, we often had long eye contact + smiles when passing each other by in the hallway and she regularly showed genuine interest in my personal life etc.

However, i think i waited to long to make my move and she eventually meet someone else. Or she simply put me in the friendzone because of my betaness idk.

You are describing basic human interaction. Smiling and talking is not a big deal.

Alright, I'll see what I can do. I might try to work out payment with her first though, find something. Like I said, she's the only therapist who ever really did me good. Would deleting the apps be good too?

>Would deleting the apps be good too?

Would that be less human interaction?

I don't know if sitting there constantly comparing girls to fictional girls is healthy interaction. I basically just go on, look through girls and say "yeah, they're not like x" and get depressed again.

Try asking some of them out. As I said, you need interaction.

I have Bro, been on countless dates and fucked a handful. But ok.

I have the same thing but with don draper. Fictional men and getting your emotions caught up with false characters is so pleasurable.

If you remember it's just fiction, and appreciate the nuances of humans (they're not all good, all perfect) it could wholly continue to be your past time, OP.

Attached: don2.jpg (960x768, 182K)

Glad to know even women know this feel.

Maybe if I find a girl into 80s stuff that'll help. Have you tried finding a guy like Don draper or someone from that era?

Don't indulge the fantasy. You need to come back to reality.

Yeah you're right. As hard as it is to accept its probably for the best.

nice digits

I was the same way with Kat mcnamara. dont know what got me out of it but it hurt like a bitch when I did

Interesting. I guess it can happen even these days. Hopefully I'll get over it soon too.