Any religious folk here?

Any religious folk here?
Is it ever too late for forgiveness, even if you are willing to turn a new leaf? Are there such things as mortal sins? At what point have you forsaken your salvation?

Attached: feelpepo.jpg (236x214, 9K)

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, 'He has an evil spirit'."
The only sin that absolutely cannot be forgiven is not believing in god. It is the deepest insult to his holiness.

No I’m not making this up.

That being said I’m sure we’ve all went through that phase but continue to worship despite this passage in hope of a pass for being juvenile or a lack of direction and hope.

What bought on your change of heart of you don’t mind me asking?

Turning to superstition in times of need is a sign of a weak mind.

Wow you sound very smart. Do you watch Rick and Morty?

Lapsed Catholic here. All sins can be forgiven, even mortal ones, provided you are truly sorry and want to change. Catholics believe you can formally be forgiven by God by going through confession. You forsake your salvation if you die without confessing mortal sins.
>The only sin that absolutely cannot be forgiven is not believing in god
This is only true in the sense that an atheist doesn't believe in forgiveness and sin, and thus wouldn't ask forgiveness anyways. If an atheist came to believe in God, surely their sin could then be forgiven.

God doesn't exist faggot

Its late when a good chunk of people suddenly disappear

christian forgiveness is a joke

it only means you forgive yourself.

society never forgives and never forgets.

so in the end its just a deal you make with an imaginary friend that you hope will make you go to a happy place when you die.

The point of morality and religion is to protect your heart. Yes, if you commit immorality there will be consequences to your living spirit.

Attached: cp.jpg (232x300, 14K)

Here's a protip, when you ask for forgiveness from God you're actually trying to forgive yourself

sort-of-ex-Buddhist here and there's no such thing as forgiveness and sins and salvation, although there is in a way judgement.

Basically all your actions that had negative consequences on yourself and others are tallied up against your actions that were positive. That determines what kind of life you will reborn into.

This. Not to start a religion war but that is one of the worst aspects of christianity

>forgive me father I did a bad
>but do u feel bad?????
>i guess lol
>then there is no more bad!

That and their answer to "why do bad things happen"

this tbqh

everything sounds like shit if you refuse to engage with the concept of it. Not saying you need true faith to understand it but obviously the intention is for you to actually feel guilt for your sins and desire redemption you jaded faggot

Just because he's all powerful doesn't mean everything is his doing or fault for not intervening. Do you blame moot for not intervening every time a board got shitty? No, because hands off is the proper way to do it.

>Is it ever too late for forgiveness, even if you are willing to turn a new leaf?
Yes, if you die and go to hell.
> Are there such things as mortal sins?
Yes, blaspheming against the holy spirit.
>At what point have you forsaken your salvation?
Whenever you choose.

I just find that other religions or philosophies have more logical answers to "why do bad things happen" other than "because satan" or "because you touch yourself at night" or "because mysterious ways :))))"

>the intention is for you to actually feel guilt for your sins and desire redemption you jaded faggot

That's all well and good, but pointless if you don't act on it to try and reach out to get forgiveness from the people you hurt or try to like volunteer and some sort of environmental organization if you've been pouring used motor oil straight into storm drains or whatever instead of just being told that God forgives you and then you get to dust your hands off and that's that

>just being told that God forgives you and then you get to dust your hands off and that's that
There's really no point in arguing with a retard who refuses to even understand what he's criticizing.

Also

>No, because hands off is the proper way to do it.

I find that God set us up for disappointment considering how he would just show up all over the place during the Old Testament to turn people into pillars of salt and rain frogs from the sky and have people use telekinesis to split the oceans in half and all that and flood the entire fucking planet and was very much hands on but somehow had a change of heart like 10 000 years ago or something and switched to a laissez faire attitude for no good reason

There's that Christian compassion and patience and willingness to exchange ideas

Matthew 7:6

Matthew 22:34-40