How/where did you all meet your significant others?

How/where did you all meet your significant others?

Attached: 1352526555305.png (732x720, 555K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H86730HjLVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dog park.

The Psych Ward after a mental break.

The Internet. Unfortunately that is the only place where she can exist.

Do you mean partner (includes people who aren't married) or only people with sigs?
I met my gf in the military.
I was the only one who would talk to her because she was autistic as fuck and would sperg out when anyone so much as cursed around her.
But I knew she would grow as a person so I got close to her and talked to her.
We ended up dating like 5 years later when I got stationed on the same base and was looking for people to share a living situation with.
She is hella crazy though.

Discord server
Gonna get married in a year now

Did you guys happen to live in the same area or was it a long distance relationship?

Tinder. He had just dropped out school and moved back home with his parents. We started dating a few months later and he was low key a loser for like 3-4 months but after some fighting he got his shit together. We’ve lived together for 2 years now, are about to graduate from a good school, and are planning to move to Dallas next summer(assuming we get jobs out there). He talks about wanting to get married a lot. We have our ups and downs like anyone else, but overall we’re fairly happy.

Were you looking for a serious relationship on Tinder or did it just end up that way?

>inb4 furry

Both live in the US, me in a very Southern state, him in a Northern one. Funny enough we're both from the same state though.

All through mutual friends, classes, work.

Ran into some guy I'd known a while at a house show. Ran into my ex at the show but he wasn't interested in taking me home that night, his loss. Asked first dude if I could crash on his couch, typical for this area for friends to do. Friend thought he was getting laid but I promptly smacked him down, I'm prime meat bitch. Woke up to his roommate and friend spooning in the next room. Went back to couch and pretended to sleep because I don't know why. All the dudes that lived there except one spooner and my friend decided to go out for breakfast. I got up and sat across from my now husband of 7 years as he woke up and saw me, a cute skinny big-milker'd redhead. We got married 6 months later.

Through work. She thought i was flirting with her and asked me out.

At a march for weed legalization.

Who approached who?

I never really had any "significant others" but if you count girls I messed around with, they were all from getting drunk with my friends.

randomly... They've never been from the same place, at one point around 17-18(25 now) i was able to find girls like nothing but now it's extremely difficult to find people that will even let me talk to them. I genuinely just want to talk to people to get to know them first and see if it would work out but i think they're so use to being creeped on you literally have to perfectly navigate a land mind field without the slightest screw up to have an in.

unfortunately they're all either too normal or too fucked up... still searching for that perfect mixture of girl that's capable of love and crazy enough to keep me entertained without boring me or breaking my heart.

never been admitted but know a lot of people who have it's crazy how many romance stories happen in the psych ward.

I dated her older sister for 5 years

Costume night at the Opera.

In an MMO

Pen pals don’t count

You know, I'm not sure. I've known my right hand since I can remember.

In the street. I'm chad. Within 30 minutes I had her bent over in my condo.

It's an LDR and we visit each other every few months when possible

In episode 6 of my favorite animu

>It's an LDR and we visit each other
pen pals don't count
>every few months but not every few months

Swimming pool

Starbucks.

He approached me. He actually had a girlfriend at the time and we were just friends at first.

Dont talk about the dog park

whats wrong with the dog park?

DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE DOG PARK

My ex set me up with my current girlfriend, they were friends. Also met all past girlfriends through my social circle, never had any luck meeting anyone in public or online.

It really is crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=H86730HjLVA

Bitter incels don't belong here

Checked and keked

Underrated

Through Tinder, has just bought a PS and was looking for a gaming friend. Fast forward 1 year after that, we're official

Same here!! We're marrying this winter.
Although... I lived overseas from him

I fucking hate discord, but it's tempting with these testimonials.

Chatroom for video games. Together for 7 years.

LARPing. Might be weird, but it's a fun "love at first sight story" at least.

rock bar

Its a shitty meme from a YouTube show.

At work

Met my bf at the flgs. We actually had a mutual dislike for each other at first. There wasn't any real reason for it at first, kind of a knee-jerk reaction. We git matched against each other a few times for 40k tournaments and that broke the ice for us. After our 5th or 6th game he asked me out to dinner. Its been 2 years now.

He was my HS teacher senior year. We got along from common sense of humor and interests and our closeness in age (6 year difference). We've been together for a little over a year. We weren't romantically involved while I was a student, although I did have a blatant crush on him.

He was looking for friends since all of his friends from high school had moved away or were away at school. I was just looking for someone to occupy my time since most of my friends had moved away and I wanted someone to casually date. We were just fucking a whole bunch at first and he wanted to date me. So, it started off casual and with time it got more serious.

I don’t think anyone actively looking for anything serious on tinder is going to end well. Most people don’t like the idea of being in a serious relationship in their early 20’s. And the ones that do I’ve seen to be immensely insecure and subsequently kinda batshit.

Online. I was single for five years and finally got tired of it. We hit it off in chat, met up and got along insanely well. We’re now expecting our first child :)

He was the first and only person I met off the site, but I’m extremely picky with who I meet up with

He text messaged me 100 times in 4 months and I finally gave in to the loser.

Grocery store where she worked.
We were both in college and I decided she would be my wife. Now she is.

School. I was in some classes with nearly all girls and it made things very easy.

In a Minecraft server
we've been dating for 3 years now
Don't ask

What'd mean "online"?
I'd like to meet someone online too, but idk where.. i dont like dating websites, just wanted to find someone with similiar interests.

> tfw i know all my irl friends from imageboards

Im totally off of it now, the place IS trash. Was fun until the drama became too dull and annoying.

Im so happy for you guys, and glad we didnt need to have a borders issue. Its amazing finally being with him

The school i studied abroad at was having a social event with her school at bar in Japan

Campus. This fucking nerdy, Calculus book having, short, sassy, beautiful mind having ass woman bruh..

I didn't stand a chance looking back at it. Been two amazing years thus far. Her family is great too.

Attached: IMG_20180816_190101.jpg (2448x3264, 2.67M)

cringe

I'll hold my girl's purse when she's trying shit out at the mall but that's where I draw the line.

kek.

Met my future wife at the gas station she was working at.

Satchels are in with zoomers I guess.
Doesn't mean he's not a fag for wearing one though.

The nightclub i work at, started with us stalking each other on social media then one night we were both out we ended talking, leaving together and it all started from there

We met at work. You get quite a bit of bonding time during those nights closing the front end of a dead grocery store together lol, which gave me the chance to ask for his contact information after a few months

Our parents were related, so that was a good way to break the ice. But seriously, we were just very close to each other due to some issues in life and we ended up getting closer than most siblings are supposed to. It's been a stressful two years, but we're not giving up.

Mostly school/college, work, whatever activities like adult karate, sometimes at bars, and last but not least online.

>been with over a dozen girls

not a bad idea actually.

High school. I was a transfer student in the final year. We smoked together during lunch breaks. I just got out of a relationship and she did not hesitate to ask me out. We are getting married in February on the day that we are exactly 10 years together.

>first one was introduced by a friend
>second one was a friend's sister
>third was from okcupid
>i haven't had a relationship in 6 years
>haven't gotten laid in over a year

It astounds me, how much relationship advice I give when the above is what I'm working with.

Why do I feel so envious of all of you?
Is 26 too late to turn my life around?

No you fucking stupid idiot piece of shit. Go ask an old person that question, see what they say.

>How/where did you all meet your significant others?
I met most of them women I've dated or slept with through running clubs and spin classes.
How I met my wife:
>joined a running club after going to the gym regularly and doing boxing for a few years
>joined solely because it was full of cardio QTs and had a long slow duration group where you jog and chat
>meet at running track, run around local town
>while running I meet various women and chat to them all, shifting around the group, I'm not a scrawny distance runner so I stand out among the men and look good in comparison
>one QT stands out, wearing leggings with a hooded jacket wrapped around her waist, figure she either hates being stared at or has insecurities
>I make my move and chat to her complimenting her posture, we hit it off from there
>at the end of the run we get back to the running track and some scrawny guy from another group is being shitty towards me
>QT introduces me to Josh, turns out she knows him
>he is an orbiter, constantly complimenting her but by the looks of things never made a move, she introduced him as a friend
>he laughed and said "for the time being ahaha"
>I get home, search for the running club on facebook and find QT's profile and Josh's as well
>start googling them, finding email addresses, forum posts, all sorts
>QT loves watching ballet
>Josh posts "be me" threads on reddit about "the woman he loves"
>he also posts his run times and routes
>he trains on a routine that someone with autism would be proud of
>a couple of weeks of running pass, I'm chatting to QT more and more, I disclose my guilty pleasure of ballet
>Sergei Polunin has a show not far from us soon, we should look at going together
>she smiles and says we will have to see
>at the end of a run Josh tries passing with his group and shoulder checking me
>he didn't realise I had 4 stone (56lbs for ameritards) on him and falls
>the club thinks he fell into me as he deviated from his group
to be continued

>QT walks him to his car, after he leaves she comes up to me complaining that he is aggressively pursuing her and asked her to go hospital with him telling her it's what he would do for her
>he grazed his arm hitting the floor
>I change the topic then ask her if she wants to hang out outside the club sometime
>she would like to do something taking things slow, I don't mind
>we opt to walk her dog
>I choose a scenic route that overlaps Josh's running route
>I pre walk the route, I see Josh each time our routes overlap, he glares at me
I've never put this much planning into anything in my life and it seems so easy
>I meet QT for walk, she opts to leave out the dog, the route couldn't have worked out better
>Josh sees us walking
>QT says hi when she sees him passing us, he carries on running
>"he seems unhappy"
to be continued

>the next day at running club Josh has suddenly joined our group wearing his newest nike tights and trainers, boasting about having a new tracksuit
>"we can't all wear our gym kit to everything like user"
>he spends the run shit talking my running form and trying to one up everything I talk to QT about, running in front then slowing down to push me back
>QT sees what is going on
>at the end of the run he tells me I've made no progress and should quit the club, people are stepping in and telling him it's a casual running group etc
>he is getting visibly pissed, I can see he is at breaking point
>I tell QT I'm not there to pick fights and I'll head off
>"YOU CAN'T STEAL THE WOMAN THAT I LOVE"
>now everyone is looking, club organisers are walking over
>he runs up behind me and tries shoving me
>I tell him not to touch me, my hands are up
>"user I'D TELL YOU TO RUN BUT YOU'RE SHIT AT IT"
>he pulls on my shoulder, I turn around, he tries shoving me, I barely move
>QT is telling him to stop
>I see the desperation in his eyes
>"I WON'T LET HIM STEAL YOU FROM ME"
>I'm stifling a smile and tell him I'll react next time he touches me, nearly at my car
Oh god how did I fuck up the spacing, next bit is last bit

Literally how?
I feel like my lfie is over.

Attached: 564564546546.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

>as I unlock my car he stands pushing against the door
>now half the group is coming over telling him to calm down and trying to encourage him to leave me alone
>I ask what he thinks he is doing
>"FUCK YOU"
>he throws the most pathetic overhand punch at my eye, I know I've got to take this one
>he lands the punch, I felt his nails scratch under my eye
>I uppercut him
>KO
>goodnight sweet prince
>I say "oh fucking hell" and put him in the recovery position
>Hearing is the last thing to go when you're unconscious, I'm telling him he will be ok, he is being looked after
>QT takes the hoodie from her waist and puts it under his head, her arse looks amazing
>she apologises for him, I know he heard and was back because he was crying
>once first aider is sorting him out I tell them I'll leave as I don't want to cause drama
>the group is telling me I shouldn't apologise, police called, it's self defence
>I tell police I don't want to give evidence or anything, he is just misunderstood
>take QT to ballet, become fb official
>power couple of the running club
>keep walking said route
>when we see Josh, I change the route to spot him at different bits of the route telling QT I don't want more drama
>he changes his route, I update mine
>QT thinks he is trying to follow us
>he alienates himself further from the running club, only his group talk to him now
3 years on me and QT are married and organise events at the club, Josh still tries befriending her from time to time but fucks up by telling QT about how I'm a sociopath and bad for her, she thinks he is crazy

Nowhere.

Attached: 1537358662912.jpg (678x678, 55K)

I don't know you, or your circumstances. Easy answer is to set a goal, lay out the steps to achieving that goal, and proceeding on the steps.

How did you two get together as a couple, considering his position?

It's never too late, user. You just have to put the effort in.

Alright op here's my story

>

Fuck you. Thanks for the reminder, asshole.

Lel I didn't 29 years old and I'm stuck in a constant cycle of people losing interest. Its a very hopeless situation, I try to not think about it. Just makes it worse and no miracle will happen.

Attached: 1520779206007.png (274x258, 46K)

1st ex (bar)
2nd ex (tinder)
3rd ex (tinder

Every other fwb in between? Same as above

The short answer is that my significant other is my best friends ex.

Lol I married a girl from Tinder. We have one kid together.

I'm happy.

ur lucky man
i went to an all boy high school and i'm studying engineering atm where at most 10% of people in my course are girls.
needless to say i've never had a gf. i think i need to try other avenues like joining clubs which aren't dominated by guys

This

Discord too! Hi Nugget

Thanks user, even if your name is Josh, still a great story.
Shame he stole away from you though :(

This. I never even had a female friend.

First two stories are from pre-testosterone, when most people saw me as a girl. The remainder are from when I was living as a guy post-testosterone.

>friend of my older brother's. I first was introduced when I was 9 and he was 20, but we didn't start talking every night until I was 11 ;)

>both doing theater in high school. she walked up to me and said, "I like your sweater." When I told her I knitted it myself she said, "You're mine." I was intrigued and thus began my first foray in BDSM.

>on the gay dorm floor at my school, doing get-to-know-your-floormates social activities. I'm enjoying being stealth but end up outing myself later on purpose as the punchline of a joke. cute gay metalhead sitting nearby watches with owl eyes. he later has a friend deliver a note to my dorm room that's the classic "Will you be my boyfriend yes/no/maybe."

>on OkCupid. messaged by a really classy lady, went out to a cafe with her, she invited me back to her house to watch Ponyo and cuddle.

>several other OkCupids

>previous roommate when I was in an abusive relationship. We started talking to each other about our reading material in the evenings, and reading to each other all night, writing each other letters, etc. After I escaped and got some therapy, we started dating for real

First day of High School, or I guess the equivalent would be Middle School for Americans and those who use their system. I would of been twelve years old. We were in the same class, and we would be for the next six years only separating for electives so everyone got to know everyone real well. The class was a pretty tight knit unit. All my closest friends were a part of that class. A couple years later after curiosity got the better of us we ended up sleeping with each other, taking each others firsts. It turned into a friends-with-benefits thing for the better half of a month before I said I loved her and she told me she's loved me since day one. We started dating properly after that. That was ten years ago now, and it hasn't fallen apart yet. I doubt it's going to.

Just quietly, I'm terrified of losing her because I didn't even know how people courted each other before let alone in this post-Tinder world. This completely fell into my lap, I won the jackpot and I doubt I'll ever be this lucky again. If the worst happens I'm buying a dakimakura and giving up.

I just want you to know how jealous I am.

Thanks I guess. If it makes you feel better nothing has really worked out for me like that since.

Served drinks at an event my best mate’s family was a part of. She was there to watch sister was perform.

Crazy thing is she just left work and only deciding to go last minute and I was about to go home to continue a project before I decided to help out.
Complete luck

> tfw even mentals get more action than you

eh. probably 25 people.

House party. Pretty much the only place I ever went out to. She basically picked me up but she was very shy, so big ups for that. We've broken up 4 months ago though. Spending a year with her was nice. Never had another gf in my life.

I am a khhv