Am I weird to other people?

Am I weird to other people?

I absolutely can not stand rap music. It's mostly a bunch arrogant pricks talking shit and trying to be cool, and as a musician it also doesn't involve a lot of talent in my opinion. All my friends listen to it though and always play it. Whenever I have a party at my place or am in my car, I don't let anyone play more than a couple of songs of that genre because it bothers me. We mostly just listen to metal and classic rock which some of my friends love but others aren't really happy about. That being said there are some artists I don't mind and I appreciate but I despise the vast majority.

Attached: FB_IMG_1537818572610.jpg (600x536, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BL9l5CojBNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VbTSr9iRoNk
youtube.com/watch?v=z_NKNvFDl6w
youtu.be/yhjA1iX2gWw
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zL_paDVTc
youtube.com/watch?v=tMgkt9jdjTU
youtube.com/watch?v=XRz0DDL1f_k
youtube.com/watch?v=TarfsnT4XUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zOujzvtwZ6M
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ19PJ7-SWc
youtube.com/watch?v=YcXRs-XwA-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Og5ZYjKib04
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q06UxOKc7io
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't like rap either (most of it)

I suggest you try out "trap" rap because it's basically nonsense rap on a beat.
or maybe you got some edgy ironic rapper who always makes fun about the rap genre and himself
I don't know anyone in english unfortunately

>and as a musician it also doesn't involve a lot of talent in my opinion
I don't care what music you like, but unless you're extremely successful yourself, you should probably shut the fuck up about what takes talent and what not.

meh, give these a shot
youtube.com/watch?v=BL9l5CojBNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VbTSr9iRoNk
youtube.com/watch?v=z_NKNvFDl6w

Really? The instrumentals are 9/10 computer generated, voices are usually edited, and lyrics written by third parties.

I'll give credit to some rappers for being great lyricists but that's as far as I can go. It's just not my thing.

Dude if you don't like it who gives a shit.

I absolutely despise metal and country. All I listen to is rap and indie rock. Just be open about it in a joking way. "Don't play that gay shit bruh" it's what I say when I hear someone playing something I don't like.

>t. rap "artist"

Attached: 1483921512191.jpg (313x305, 13K)

I mean it’s not weird to dislike rap music but you don’t have to be a dick about it. People just like what they’re gonna like. I used to hate rap but eventually I opened my mind to it. There is some good rap out there, you just have to find it.

It's not that I'm being a dick about it. When I'm in their home or car I couldn't care less what they play.

I don't like rap music but I do like le
>lofi hip hop radio 24/7 - chill study/relax/gaming beats
meme music. It's relaxing.

>I absolutely can not stand rap music.
yeah it sucks

play this for your friends and see if they think you're cool. pro tip: the only thing that matters is what you like, so fuck them if they dont like what you like.
youtu.be/yhjA1iX2gWw

hated it too, now i listen to some "cloud rap" because it fits when you are depressed.
i started by just liking the beats, melodies
here are some things i like if you like to check them out

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-zL_paDVTc (not as good anymore but i liked it in the dubstep years)
youtube.com/watch?v=tMgkt9jdjTU (will never not like this)
youtube.com/watch?v=XRz0DDL1f_k (almost perfect drop/build up sadly cuts off into normal rap)
youtube.com/watch?v=TarfsnT4XUQ (i like the lyrics because i can relate somewhat)
youtube.com/watch?v=zOujzvtwZ6M (great melody, good lyrics)
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ19PJ7-SWc (beat is sick)
youtube.com/watch?v=YcXRs-XwA-Y (also nice beats)

never could get into the og black rappers atleast i didn't try but all those depressed white boys hooked on xanny i can relate and like their music.
Pretty nice when they die and i discover them through the news because i don't search for that.

Also no you are not weird. Music is all about prefrences most fucking kids don't know what to like and just like things to fit in and have no brain for it.
But don't limit yourself by genre, you are an adult and can like certain songs and genres and then hate the rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=Og5ZYjKib04 for example, can't really listen to Post Malone but this remix of his song is pretty great.

Mate, if you really think it doesn't take any talent, you would be able to do it right now. And you would be stupid for not doing it, because it would be the easiest money you could ever make. But you're not, because you can't. You're free to criticize and call it shitty, that's your opinion, but discrediting the hard work a lot of people put it because you don't get it is pretty ignorant.

Second point, your car is your car and you get to choose what's played in it. That's a rule that everybody should respect. If you're hosting a party though, you'd be a better host if you played more of what other people enjoy. Like I love a lot of metal and noise rock, but I know a lot of my friends aren't really into it so I don't play it when I'm having them over. Throwing a party (or hosting a kickback) just to do what only you it a couple of people there enjoy is lame, people have more fun when you play stuff that they enjoy.

That being said, yes some people will think you're weird for not liking rap but they're probably judgmental idiots if they dislike you because you're into or not into a certain type of music.

Le upvote

Anybody can rap. If you are well read you can probably write pretty good rhymes, and rapping them over a simple beat takes practice. You do realize that all the rich and famous musicians including rock and pop are hand selected by (((them))) and groomed into their position? To make the music industry billions?

here is THE ACTUAL SOLUTION: listen to kate bush

these suck
rap is like listening to a monkey masturbate itself about how its great at picking bananas

>Anybody can rap...rapping them over a simple beat takes practice.
You can say the same thing about learning any instrument. Anybody can do it with practice. And just like there are plenty of mediocre rappers that get famous, there are plenty of mediocre guitarists/drummers/singers that get famous.
>You do realize that all the rich and famous musicians including rock and pop are hand selected by (((them))) and groomed into their position?
Thanks for letting me know not to take you seriously.
>listening to a monkey masturbate itself about how its great at picking bananas
I can't even tell what you're trying to say with this. But again, you don't have to like it, no one has to like it.

Y'know, I was almost about to type out a serious reply to your comment, but I figure I'll save both our time and not do that

You have no idea what making a good beat entails do you? It definitely takes talent. Watch Rythem Roulette sometime. It’s where producers are challenged to go into a record shop, pick out random vinyl records and then create a beat out of them. It shows the whole process they go through.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=q06UxOKc7io

M8 I don't even have the time to try and begin to explain how wrong you are

>he doesn't listen to classical music
Weirdo

Right?

Having better taste in music than your alleged peers doesn't make you weird in the pejorative sense, just mistaken in settling for the lowest quality company. You'll be fine, even if time turns you into an eccentric.