Is there a musical instrument that's easy enough to learn in your 30s and will also allow you to play video game music?

Is there a musical instrument that's easy enough to learn in your 30s and will also allow you to play video game music?

Lend me your help, adv. I looked up the ukulele but I don't think you can even play Super Mario Bros.

Attached: 1478597367296.jpg (1920x1200, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nfzrv5ELKmw
youtube.com/watch?v=ARw3yXENMJw
youtu.be/kR-ERR2BAl8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

piano has a shitload of basic stuff. all music is a process. gotta learn the basic notes and start building from there. play by ear and get some structure. ive playes guitar for years and its a continual learning process. i remember when twinkle twinkle little star was a triumph and now i can play moonlight sonata. just make sure to dedicate enough time to it whatever instrument you choose that you experience actual improvement. its very fulfilling but it can be frustrating.

the penny whistle
youtube.com/watch?v=Nfzrv5ELKmw

I've been playing for like 5 years and I can play all sorts of jigs, reels, and vidya music.

acoustic nylon is easy enough to pick up.

I've never heard of that before. I'll look into that.

I remember playing that in school, actually.

Keep it up, user.

This. You can do a lot on a keyboard/synth in regards to game music. I think everyone should learn piano though.

>easy enough to learn in your 30s
No.
This is coming from someone in their 20s with excellent coordination and high learning capabilities. Some instruments like violin require early age practice to hold it correctly.
Past a certain age, unless you were a musician to begin with, you cannot learn this skill.

Well... fuck.

Attached: file.png (550x550, 128K)

In theory you can learn any instrument in your thirties. It might just be slower going and you'll likely never be some speed player, but that's all fine. The real issue comes from putting in the time for practice. You have to do it. I see a lot of people try to pick up an instrument and give up when they realize it takes a fair amount of dedication and work. You'll also suck for a while, but you have to keep practicing to get over that hump.

That said, piano is a good instrument. There's an endless amount of method books and repertoire. It has a lot of harmonic and dynamic range. It's pretty versatile. Also very good if you want to pick up music theory.

Personally, I'm a classical guitar player and would absolutely recommend. It's also pretty versatile, but it's much more quiet and doesn't have as much of a harmonic ability. I like the sound better. It does have some neat tricks like capos though. I do feel that there is more to worry about regarding technique. Obviously you don't need to worry about technique as much if you simply don't care too much about how you sit or pick.

Ok, you have two big misconceptions.
1. You never get too old to stop learning.
And 2. If you want to play an instrument, don't play it to learn how to play. Play it because it feels good, and the yearning to learn to play better will come with it. Music is an art, not just a hobby. Do it because you want to and it feels good, and you can pick up any instrument, and get good with time.
Basically, the only rule is have fun

He is bullshitting you, you can learn any instrument at any age.

Now will you be a virtuoso? Probably not, but i learned how to play the violin at 20. It's never too late

nylon acoustic (classical guitar) is what i learned on and i consider the tone to be the nicest of any guitar type. also the frets are wider so it helps with only touching one string at a time

Cajón is like the easiest thing ever

That's bullshit. I know musicians who got started in their mid-late 20s.

piano. If you're typing properly on a computer keyboard you already have some fingering skills. It's also more intuitive and simpler than most other instruments.

There's this Japanese chiptune artist who does live VGM streams on his piano he'll just play whatever

youtube.com/watch?v=ARw3yXENMJw

>being this much of a pessimist
Boy I bet the rest of your life fucking blows...

don't pick up anything, faggot.

Disregard this, you can learn anything as long as you don’t have arthritis. 30’s are the new 20’s

t. faggot that couldn't learn to play the fucking violin

haha look at this retard get btfo

Guitar or piano

Harmonica... It's all hamomic and any tard can sound good... eventually

And you Matrix some hippie Cuts around a campfire to think you artistic if you have some stupid words to add to your music

You just posted it. Get a bitcrusher, done.

you can play anything on ukulele if you practice. it has less strings and less weight and less pain on the fingers and easier to travel with. there are different sizes to suit you. it has full range of notes.

but if you suck at it then piano or keyboard.

Listen to anything from jake shimabukoro. He'll show you what can be done on uke.

ukulele
recorder
pennnywhistle

Check out rocksmith for guitar or synthesia for piano. Shits pretty much guitar hero for the real things and made learning way easier imo.

Theramin

This

I'd say this or the kalimba.

youtu.be/kR-ERR2BAl8

That's amazing.

Get a 2-3 octave midi controller and a cheap/free daw with nice sound effects. Plug and play

The Kazoo

you can actually play a lot of stuff with the ukulele. look up covers on youtube and see yourself. it's a meme instrument but perfect to get started

If you go guiltar get a classic guitar so you can finger pick, that's what these guitars were made for. Or get a Casio or Yamaha keyboard for 500 and it's just like a piano except more convenient and cheaper.

This is just wrong, while adolescence is the ideal time to pick up an instrument any time that your body and brain still function is a time when you can learn an instrument. OP, I would recommend piano and classical guitar, or if you want a wind instrument that isn't complete shit alto sax is the easiest. Biggest thing I recommend is occasional lessons with an experienced person. You will hit a technical skill wall if you try and learn everything yourself and they will be able to point out bad technique asap so they dont turn into habits. This is coming from an actual musical teacher. I'm glad to see your interest in music

You can learn any instrument in your 30s, if you have the time and dedication to practice. Especially if you have the money to pay for some lessons in the beginning.