Tips on having a good long distance relationship

Tips on having a good long distance relationship.

Attached: 1536865809770.jpg (750x729, 108K)

don't

cheat on your "partner"

This or avoiding the relationship entirely are the best choices, especially the latter

This

as

This will happen even if you don't really want it to

It's easy as long as you keep communication alive and visit when you can.
It took 4 years to be with her but we made it.

They'll change.

Good communication
See each other as often as possible

It is do-able. Don’t listen to the cucks who are too weak and needy to survive a LDR

fpbp

find an online game to play, watch films on the phone, text often, call often, skype, send photos of your day.

This is what I plan. We promise to live with each other one day.

- Like to communicate a lot, put out all your thoughts on random things.
- Keep up to date with your lives.
- Put a limit on talking if you have to go to work, maybe just leave an update message on week days.
- Have a set time on weekends or you might just eat up all your lives.
- Have at least one way of having fun.
- Share nice little things, pictures, whatever.
- Have goals, future ideas etc.
- Keep learning about each other.

Obviously it doesn't work if you're in a relationship with an asshole or something who doesn't have a plan to do anything with their lives.

been in my relationship for almost four years and the first three were long distance. you have to make it work. visit as much as you can. make plans for one to move to the other. i just moved across the country to be with my boyfriend and it's a lot better now

Me and my LDR girlfriend just broke up

NOPE DON'T DO IT

Fuck some one else. Stop lying to yourself that it’s going to be fine.

These things so much desu
In a happy long-distance relationship for almost 9 months with someone too far away to see, but we're doing it. We call, message, and chat every day. Play video games, watch movies and videos together, etc. It's good to have activities you both do.
Sometimes we'll take walks and talk, video chat our lives, send pictures. Tell them every day how your day was, ask questions, talk.
Probably one of the most important things though - have multiple lines of communcation! If one stops working for whatever reason, make sure that isn't what kills your relationship.

Step 0: don't be someone who is needy, clingy, insecure or jealous.

>20061533Step 0: don't be someone who is needy, clingy

Could've saved me like 8 months of my life with that advice.

OP, don't listen to the retards that keep saying "hurr durr dont do it cuz i did it and im a retard and it didnt work for me." It's a relationship like everything else the difference being that it does indeed have a higher chance of failing than regular relationships. It can work though.

You do have to be a different kind of person in order to withstand it, and by different I mean excessively strong mentally and confident in yourself, and to not sweat the small things.

I was none of the above and she broke up with me because of them insecurities. She sleeps around now so I'm disgusted with her but I used to love her hard, and I learned that that's not enough so don't count on it.

Again, be strong and brace yourself

I spent 4 years with someone in an LDR, going to move in together after he finished uni

He just broke up with me and ran off with some girl. I missed out on all of my uni dating years, now I'm kissless and alone.

Don't do it.

Jerk off with her on Skype or whatever kids are using currently at least once a day

Well you’re a retard. There is a difference between being in a LDR where you’ve met this person IRL but live very far, compared to having an entire online relationship for YEARS having never met that person IRL.

Badabing badaboom

Try to meet up as soon as possible. Voice chat is a must before you see them irl, everyone I know who kept it text only had an awkward fucking time of it when they finally met up. Like other anons said just make it fun, try to find different things to do together like video games movie streaming etc...

All good suggestions!

I know I'm a retard. I had massive social anxiety and was using it as a crutch instead of fixing my life.

I only have myself to blame.

Voice and video chat as often as you can
Meet as soon as you can
Love each other

The last one is the most important thing. If you really love each other, this is gonna be tough, but you'll get through it way easier than you would have thought.

Don't

Why did you never meet her?

Fear.
Paranoia.
I kept thinking I would get hurt so I never took a chance and kept making excuses.
I have a massive paranoia of government so I'm scared to leave the country. It isn't healthy and I need to work on it but don't know how.

I just miss them so much, I'm so stupid.
I'm awful and dumb and horrible.

I've fallen for a good friend who moved away. We've kept in touch and now we talk all the time, it came out of nowhere and now she's all I think about. Do I bring it up to her?

>long distance relationship
>good

These 2 don't add up OP.

meet as often as possible. Ideally weekly, fortnightly is probably the minimum 'good' amount but even monthly is better than nothing.
If thats impossible then (good luck), and this should go without saying, video call and whatnot as often as you can. Watch films or play vidya together. Heck, even read books together.
Its not ideal though. Its certainly possible if both sides are committed but there's a reason half of the anons here are saying
>dotn doe eet

This has been around since the 1990's and the term still astounds me.

>long distance
>relationship

If they live far away you aren't in a relationship. It's literally that simple.

Yeah.

>they live far away you aren't in a relationship. It's literally that simple.

and you’re a retard. A relationship is whatever the couple makes it to be.

It’s literally that simple

ah, so i take it you live with all your friends, family and parents then? Must be a sizeable house.
I mean, it is, of course, impossible to have any type of relationship with people outside of your town. Even enemies cant exist over the river.

Don’t

look forward and work hard for the moment in which you both will be able to make it evolve into a normal, no long distance relationship. live it, but don't lose sight of the future and "where this is going". otherwise i don't think you can call it a relationship. just a game or a distraction.

>Tips on having a good long distance relationship.
Don't.

Long distance relationships are great provided that you don't want a real relationship.
If you're in a long distance relationship you are doing so because you can't get a real relationship or because you need one to claim you've had a relationship.
LDRs don't work because you're being exclusive to someone when your exposure is only what you do via electronic communications.
If you do meet you're exposing them to the real "you", the idea of your LDR is great until you do meet, how do you greet? a kiss? how far do you take things? do you get handsy? can you fuck?
You won't be past the 9 - 12 month honeymoon period by the time that you meet, you will be starting over because skype calls won't make up for not speaking face to face.
Meet someone who you can visit without breaking the bank, don't buy into LDRs, the few that do work aren't worth the ball ache of spending time chasing oneitis over the internet and you will sound daft chatting to real women about your previous 2 year relationship when you admit it was an internet crush, lying about it will be like leaving a gap in your work history.

tl;dr date a woman nearby, you can identify if it wont work sooner and get into things quicker than wanking over skype

don't

and if you do be ok with the other party hooking up with other people.

You’re a piece of shit. Encouraging disloyalty