Should I sue the Sheriff's Department for this?

Do you think I have a case?
I was not arrested or cited for anything.

Pictured is my Linux computer in my trunk. A California county sheriff deputy cracked the case flinging my suitcase in and out of my trunk.
They also searched my car and every container in it by coercing me with charging me for vagrancy or something if I didn't "let" them search - which, if I'm not mistaken is not consent because I didn't "freely" give consent.

>I was sleeping in my car by a beach at 11pm parked legally - (I know - degenerate behaviour but I'm not broke just a long lone vacation),
Anyways, sleeping in my car way out in the country. Two Sheriff cruisers pull up at the same time and say they are doing their routine checking of every car dweller (already lying because why two police cars?). So somebody must have seen me who lives down the road and called to check me out.
I'm not on drugs, don't drink, I have no record, my hands are where they can see them. I gave them my license and right away they want to search the vehicle without giving any reason. They had no cause. At this point they wanted to search and threatened to charge me with some vagrancy related charge.
>They asked me if I had any weapons and I told them I had my handgun locked in the trunk. Ammo and clip were up front in the glovebox. Not sure how to respond to this 'weapons' question since it's locked away. If I refuse to answer that question they know the answer. If I say I have it and they can't see it how does that end? Warrant and a trumped up technical gun charge?

I didn't explicitly say they could see it. They asked me to step out, I told them where it was, I sat on the hood for 30 minutes.
They went through everything. I think they were rookies or liars because they claimed the gun (I bought out of state) was not registered to me. Maybe a ruse to make me provide proof of purchase. This started a new round of searching through every document in my car. I'm between apartments so lots of crap.

Attached: 42542751_2203022069943750_7736472698489929728_n.jpg (1920x887, 121K)

You can try, but honestly the system is so corrupt that 99.9% of the time zero happens to them and you’re out money.

Unfortunately even as a nice guy, your narrative reads like exactly they type of individual California communities don’t want. Wealthy retirees sitting on a jury are not going to side with you.

OP continued...

>they claimed the gun (I bought out of state) was not registered to me.
Not that it was registered to someone else. They just must have been lying or looking only at some California registry. (A national handgun registry, I looked up doesn't exist, and would be illegal.)

I was being cooperative cause the cops weren't being ball busters though they were liars and bothering me without cause. Plus, who knows what they can bring you in for in California with an out of state handgun.

I felt harassed as a gun owner. They kept saying they would have to confiscate it if I didn't provide paperwork or that they might have to bring me in.
They rolled over my 4th Amendment detaining and searching me and my things, short of pulling my pants down.
Plus the dick broke my computer case flinging my suitcase into my trunk. That guy was getting condescending about me not having paperwork for the gun.
Have I been violated? Should I take this department down a rung?
The thing is, I don't live in California but I would come back if you think I'm owed something beyond the $100 computer case.

I just looked up and the county is NOT a sanctuary city.

Like I said, they will manipulate the story. The took an unregistered firearm away from a RCP thanks to a tip from a concerned citizen potentially making the streets a safer place...

>clip
I'm not helping you

>Like I said, they will manipulate the story.
Yeah. I think I'll just fill out a complaint before I leave. Writing it down shows me the situation better about anti-American dicks these guys were being. I know I'm the weirdo to a degree - but they could have just told me not to sleep in their county if that was the point. Which they didn't.
One was White. One was Hispanic. The White guy broke my computer.

I had my computer next to my suitcase as pictured so no corner ran into it. I know how to transport things safely. It wasn't broken when I was in the trunk earlier that day.

>clip
Fuck. Too many movies. Too much rap music.
Magazine.
(I'm White btw).

Attached: 42516491_458376098017655_5809099681958985728_n.jpg (2048x1536, 559K)

At worst it gives them two cops a paid vacation while they are “invested” and then the Union will just have the report shredded. Fill it out if you wish, but you just waisted part of a tree and the form is there just to pacify the public. It’s official, ohhh la te dahhhhh!

>The White guy broke my computer.

White cop was standing there watching me while the other one was tossing my car.
I brought up Supreme Court news just to make conversation. He said he wasn't following it.
Are there White cops in California who are Commies? He wanted me to turn in my gun to him. Fucker. I thought White cops were baased

>Do you think I have a case?
Yes but it's broken

TERRY IS THAT YOU

>TERRY IS THAT YOU

I'm not White trash. I'm more the Buddhist, savant, autist type.
I have more money than most people my age have student debt.

Get fuck libtard.
All praise our allmighthy goverment

Depends, what distro are you running?

Not worth it

>la te dahhhhh
>te

Attached: 5.gif (220x206, 313K)

Attached: 125846BF-64C0-4EC3-BA15-D6154E3AB9D1.jpg (193x250, 14K)

No, an unregistered firearm in California is suspicious enough for them, they deal with drug addicts and sellers every day with unregistered firearms. You didn't need to let them search you, they need a thing called probable cause and if they couldn't find a legitimate reason for searching you, then you should have told them to go away. California cops will find every reason to search you, my uncle(who lives in cali) spilled red paint in front of his house, and a week later cops were visiting for an unrelated incident thought it was blood. They spent thousands on testing, even though my uncle is white and nothing like a convict, only to be false. They don't care, it's an unregistered firearm, cali has gun control, when you told them you had it, you provided reason enough for them to search you.

>when you told them you had it, you provided reason enough for them to search you.
I don't know what to tell them when they ask, "are there any weapons in the car?".
Cops are pretty good at telling someone is lying when they are intent on fucking with you for 15 minutes.

When the cops asked before if I had any weapons, a few months ago on a traffic stop I lied because and I knew I would get away with it. I knew he was just asking in passing and not going hard on me on repeat.

no it would go nowhere
worst case you lose money in legal limbo
best case its rejected out of hand
suck it up. The bacon stinks but we all deal with them. The job just attracts dick heads most of the time

You obviously don't go to California very often, they have gun control, get it? They care about guns entering and exiting the state, you didn't have registration, you don't tell them you have a gun you can't verify, you just don't. You should have gtfo after they even mentioned searching you, they deal with homeless people literally every day, it's a really big thing in California, especially in the red counties they will not tolerate anyone who even looks like they're homeless. Since you looked homeless, obviously their going to harass you, and nobody cares, of course you don't have a legal case.

>of course you don't have a legal case.
They broke my computer tho.

Yeah, I just never saw the 2nd and the 4th treated like that.
They literally went through everything - short of cutting the cushins open.

Yes file a complaint.

>clip

Why do you call a magazine a clipM

OK I got arrested in LA. The cop was angry because he had a dinner date and was now going to miss it. So when he bucked me in his car, he reached in his glove. Box of the cruiser and threw a knife on my lap and told me if I give him any trouble he would shot me and just say I had that knife...

(This was after yes sir, no sir, and they never prosecuted me, for a stupid misunderstanding that was a minor misdemeanor and I’m white). So they don’t give a fuck, honestly no one does.

What the fuck is wrong with California

Attached: EA33203C-0C41-46BF-A087-97FA3F8F02EA.png (580x331, 28K)

Reagan amnestied 3 million in exchange for a promise no more illegals would be allowed - and you know what, there never did get that three million first illegal.

But seriously, never went Red again.

>gun registration
There is no federal registration for firearms.
Did you purchase the firearm from a licensed dealer (FFL) or private sale?

If it was from an FFL you can sue all day long if they took the firearm. If it's from a private sale, you should tell the cops who you purchased the firearm from.

If its not on the approved CA compliant firearm list, and you're not from CA, you can probably plead ignorance since some CA firearms law are being challenged for being vague.