Amazon Employee AMA

Hi guys,

The weather outside mirrors the one from UK so today I'm staying at home.
Ask me anything Amazon related, or corporate life in general

>I'm not an warehouse worker

Attached: amazon_logo_500500.png (500x500, 14K)

Are they strict, are they kind, do they let you have a humanistic environment to work in or is it very boxxy?

Starting with what you actually do wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well it's one unorganized mess. Due to the website being so large, with so many products, it tends to get really messy. Sometimes, quantity is put above quality.

I'm in the R&D department, mostly doing website maintainance and working on various promos and discounts that are requested. Like how Huawei did their prelaunch campaign for their new phone.

Attached: 1447616958906.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Do you know the main gist of tech related black friday offers by now?

As for more serious questions...
>do you think the public perception of how they treat their workers is fair?
>did you see/hear similar anti union rhetoric as in the whole foods leaks?
>what are the best perks about the job?
>what are your co-workers like?
>how worried are they about potential competition from china a la aliexpress?
>when the fuck will the no checkout stores finally take over?
>what would you generally say

Any inside info on Merch and how it's being run?

Not allowed to talk about that really. Basically a vendor submits it's ideea of a promotional campaign and we help them align the campaigns as per Amazon policy.

>Do you know the main gist of tech related black friday offers by now?
We are now assembling for the Black Friday butchery. The first campaigns are starting to appear, but the bulk will come in the next 1-2 weeks. We don't set the promotional campaigns, we just adjust and send for approval.

>do you think the public perception of how they treat their workers is fair?
For warehouse workers, yes. For corporate workers, no. But people usually forget about corporate.

>did you see/hear similar anti union rhetoric as in the whole foods leaks?
I'm from Europe, we don't do whole foods here. We barely do grocery.

>what are the best perks about the job?
It's one of the better companies. Above average pay, 21 days of vacation with 1 extra day for every year worked up to 25 days of vacation. Flexible schedule, no weekend shifts, no night shifts. Can get boring and stressing at times tho.

>what are your co-workers like?
Regular people. From punk bands, funk people, death metal bands, plain radio music listeners, EDM junkies.
Some people fuel the rumors tho, and they do alot of overtime work, voluntarily. But most people are really chill about it.
Ofcourse, there are people that worship Bezos, but there is medication for them.

>how worried are they about potential competition from china a la aliexpress?
None. Amazon makes very little products. The bulk is bought from local vendors, with products tailored for local markets.

>when the fuck will the no checkout stores finally take over?
Again, that's an US thing.

>what would you generally say
I'd say that Amazon is a great corporate of intermediate level, where you can learn stuff. And stay away from the warehouses. Pay is great, but the work grinds your bones to a fine powder.

Attached: 1524299484045.jpg (1072x826, 98K)

How are the delivery companies chosen?

I tried the amazon prime once, and the service was so much worse than the normal postal service that I had to unsubscribe.

Heard somewhere that client have something like a "trustworthiness score" associated to them, for things like returns, replacements and shit, it that true?

What do you think about sponsored advertising on Amazon? Is it a big part of what you do?

What's the difference between Pantry / Core products?

fellow amazon employee here

Attached: 1538143159749.png (720x540, 145K)

If I've been a need for 3 years (ever since graduating high school) how are my odds of getting hired there if I apply?

*NEET
autocorrect

Sorry guys, I did the grocery run.

Well they are usually locally chosen based on various criteria. Don't blame the company necessarily, it could be the driver himself. I don't know much about the logistics department tho.

Not true. It's impossible to keep record of all clients. Vendores however have some quality scoring.
There is something associated with returns and replacement when it comes to clients, but I am not allowed to talk about it.

Well the merchandising department is pretty small compared to the other departments. Sponsored advertising is an intense battlefield carried out by the big players. Nevertheless, the sales are astronomical.

If you ask if it plays a huge role in my job, then the answer is no. I am from the R&D department, the sales department is different.

>What's the difference between Pantry / Core products?
I don't really get this one.

Where you from senpai?

Well, what are your skills? Amazon corporate usually requires some form of bachelor's degree.

You can try out as a driver tho, it's one of the more relaxed "regular" jobs.

Attached: 1518933115-Charlotte-Daifuku-one-piece.jpg (799x449, 49K)

> Amazon
> not an warehouse worker
Fuck off, carpetland fag

t. Amazon PHL-1 Tier II, 2007-2011

Why is this on advice?
Who are you quoting?

but I'm not an Prateek.
Since you worked at PHL-1, you should be worried more about street shitters than me.

it's been half a month now and Amazon's still locked me out of my account when i sign in on my computer. phone works just fine though. what gives???
i wish i could call customer service but i don't have money for overseas calls right now

well, what error you getting senpai?

pic related
the strange thing is i logged in just fine earlier -- tried to adjust some settings in my account and i got locked out again wtf. and still no e-mail's come through

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 00.57.57.png (409x178, 22K)

did you try to log in from another device? You could have some bugs and malware going around on ur current device. Dunno, just saying.
>inb4 tech support

Do they give you an Amazon branded peebottle or do you need to bring your own? Also, are there pee hand prints on my boxes?

checked
like i said, my phone works just fine. i forgot my password so i probably maxed out the attempts, which was why this happened.

anyway i sent them an e-mail, hope they reply

We just pee on the floor. Sometimes on boxes too.