I messed up

I messed up.

>living with gf and my friend in a house
>she has 2 cats
>i love cats, roommate is a bit allergic to animals, but doesn’t mind/likes them
>May
>me and gf decide to adopt a kitten
>ask roommate, he is okay with it but thinks it’s getting to be a lot, but understands and since the other cats are good says he’s cool with it
>September
>everyone is getting alone fine
>gf sees on facebook same family we got kitten from is now giving up her 5 month old sibling cat, or it’s going to the spca
>we originally did go for that kitten, but she had it “reserved” for her son so we chose another
>gf and I make rash decision to adopt new cat
>been a few days
>roommate comes home in a good mood, sees cat, we talk about living situation, renewing lease in November, etc. and we both agree we’ll probably stay another year
>this morning
>roommate comes down, tells me he didn’t say anything because of good mood, turns out he’s pretty pissed off we did this without even asking him
>he’s been having some medical issues lately and the pet dander and allergies are making it harder to get over
>says it’s excessive
>I know and agree
>he points out his chair that’s been ripped up, his couch, almost every door frame
>I agree again
>try to keep talking , offer to replace all of his items that have been cosmetically damaged but he has to leave quickly
>go online right after and by a new chair (newer model) for $150

Should I just insist I give him money for the couch (about $500)? I don’t think he’ll take it otherwise. I just feel so bad and embarrassed right now. Obviously me and gf are going to have to move out, I’ll just pay a larger percentage of the new places rent (we’re getting a good deal now, $400 each for an entire house).

How else can I make this up/help my roommate, because he would probably have to move too. Obviously i’m going to eat the security deposit, what about rent or something? Should I pay off a month or so of his or something?

Attached: image.jpg (1100x619, 239K)

Who the fuck needs more than 1 cat?

Why the fuck wouldn't you give your cat at least one friend?

Replace the stuff, pay the security deposit, don't pay for his rent.

I don't know, man, it sounds like you acted like impulsive idiots and obviously you have to replace/give money for the stuff the cat fucked up but anything more seems excessive. It'd be a cool gesture but if you have to rape the security deposit for it ... nah, too much.

pet owners also happen to be retards, don't question it, it's why I'll never be a landlord or live with roommates ever again

Lesson number one.
You always have at least one scratching post in place BEFORE you get a cat.

So yes, pay your friend the money for the things the cats damaged of his.

You're an inconsiderate asshole for bringing his allergens into his home in the first place. Pay him double and get rid of the cats or move out.
>but I asked!
Not an equal exchange. Up and moving out and finding a new place is incredibly difficult and costly.

We did. And if he decides to be the one to move out, I feel like the least we could do is make it easier to save up until then. What’s wrong with offering to take a couple months rent off?

Oh yeah we’ve had at least 3 posts/cat towers/abundance of scratching surfaces ever since we moved in (with 2 cats).

Well we all moved in together at the same time so he knew what he was initially getting into, it’s just that this last cat was the final straw. I know it was inconsiderate of us. And by double, do you mean for the chair, the couch, AND the last 3 months rent, which is $3700 AND move out?

By pay him double I was being hyperbolic. What I was trying to get across was that he has already gone above and beyond in terms of "shit people should have to put up with" and you should recognise this in your dealings with him now and into the future. Perhaps I should have used a larger number.

I would slowly disappear your cats user

I don’t understand why you’re moving out? He has the problem so maybe he should just move and you find a new renter to take his place or just absorb the extra rent costs and be happy.

obviously that’s not an option.

i don’t know if we are, i’m just thinking it’s an unfair position and we caused it, so it’s more fair for use to take the financial burden of finding a new place.

It is in your roommate's perspective. I can't imagine how you and your retard girlfriend would react when you get box shipped to you and realize it's one of your cat's arms or ears.

I don’t see that. He knew he was going to be living with cats.

You asked for another and he said OK...

Now it’s suddenly a problem (But it’s his problem). It’s not like he isn’t going to be exposed to months and months of residual cat dust and hairs even if you moved today.

And finally it’s much more of a burden on the five of you moving out vs one of him.

I think what we’re gonna do is take over the rent and stay, and i’ll just pay his third of the rent for the last 3 months (400/month), that way he’ll have some deposit money for a new place.

Why the fuck do you hoarders need 4 god damn cats? Why can't you just be happy with 2
10 years from now you'll be like my mother who has more animals than she does plates in her cabinet

That sounds a bit more reasonable. Just hand him his share of the security deposit as well (you could use a two part epoxy wood filler and repaint the damage to get your deposit back).

Four paws and a lower jaw...

“Kitty is still alive.”

If they all get along and there’s no issues with smell, bathroom, fleas, getting in the way, etc. then why not?

i read about the wood filler, probably gonna watch a youtube tutorial.

This would be an awesome episode of judge judy.