Why is it that despite so many people wanting to die in this modern society that is severely crippled thanks to all the...

Why is it that despite so many people wanting to die in this modern society that is severely crippled thanks to all the political bullshit, there's no such thing as assisted suicide for those who aren't terminally ill? The things I've looked up its like "doctors don't wanna be killers" or some religious reason like, wtf.
It would help a lot of homeless and hopeless folk out there, do we not have a right to die? I don't even care if it hurts, just make a gas chamber or something.

Not to mention it would definitely help for organ doning purposes, just let the people who wanna die, die. I don't get it

Convince me why assisted suicide for all shouldn't be legal

Attached: 2. Knitting Balls.jpg (2560x1440, 3.82M)

You can kill yourself whenever you want to. Nobody's gonna waste time and resources on organising the whole thing.

It should only be legal for people who are terminally ill or are vegetables for life. Not for people who are simply mentally ill. Instead, there should be more support and services readily available for the mentally ill.

Dude, what? A lot of homeless folk doesn't want to die.

For one you underestimate how serious the religious argument is, Western society is still drowning in the tumour of religion, so getting past that will be a bitch. The other big thing is the slippery slope. Idiots making short term decisions, other idiots being pressured into it and of course life getting devalued, which leads to even worse outcomes.

>Convince me why assisted suicide for all shouldn't be legal
It's not how it works. If you want to argue against an established practice, it's up to you to provide arguments for change. Ideally better than this juvenile stuff.

t. assisted suicide supporter

>western society
pseudointellecualism

Its a selfish act made by people who dont value their life and drown in problems and dont want to face the fact that life is just bad, blaming something or someone, even himself, only to not change for the better, being depressed is not a excuse, making suicide available for any person will take a toll on the doctor himself (sues and all that stuff), the idea is helping unstable or mentally ill people and support the illness, not make worse to other because he couldnt handle it.

Because wanting to off yourself is temporary and normally hides a deeper issue. Depression, for example. People who commit suicide normally don't want to die more than anything, they have an issue they'd like to fix and think they can't. If they could fix this issue they wouldn't kill themselves in the first place.

Aside from that, suicide is something available for those that actually want to die. You can throw yourself off a set of stairs and you'll die. You can buy widely available chemicals and die if you're fancying something painless. You can jump in front of a train, whatever.

Also a wide majority of homeless people are only homeless temporarily, and some are homeless because they choose to be, denying work and not really doing much to change their situation.

I hope you choke.

Western as in first world capitalist countries, not the nazi meme. There isn't really a "good" term AFAIK.

I want you all to take a moment to realise that OP is too much of a pussy to either off himself or improve his life, so he wants the world to adapt in the way that will shift the responsibility for his own life of death onto someone else's hands.
Disgraceful, OP. Can't imagine being more cowardly than that.

B-but, user. Why would you wish that on someone. I love life.

All the methods you mentioned aren't too certain and pretty messy, creating more problems to the outside world. Besides even if you don't want to live anymore, actively doing about it is tricky due how our brains work.

Think less about depressed kids and more about people with terminal diseases that make life a bitch.

It's legal in switzerland. If you want you can fly over and do it, it's actually a tourist attraction. Imagine that, suicide is such an attractive thing, people come from all over the world just to fucking die

The people in this thread, talking about responsibility and cowardice. Retarded, people are just so caught up with religious views and self righteousness.

While that may seem rightful in its own ways; you have to understand that people are still human. Even if they don't look or act like it, they are still human. No sane person would want to participate in an organisation that supports killing yourself.

Someone should sell it to Burgers from the business angle. They might not give any fucks about human dignity but dollar bills should convince most law makers.

Ywah I bet you love life, you love it so much you would take satisfaction from others suffering, I bet you love reading death's in the newspaper, or seeing homeless on the strert dying.
you fucking cunt, hope you burn in hell

Any kind of a basis for that idea?

Tge only resoknse youre getting ftom mr is "Die"

You having a stroke user?

Well, everyone will one day. Thanks for reminding me, I guess.

Some sooner than others, thanks to people like you

Stress is a killer for sure but I am not even that annoying.

Here's what I think, if you can buy a gun, kill people with it, and the person who sold you the gun isn't responsible at all, then assisted suicide for all shouldn't be an issue. It's basically the same thing.

I think this would also help with stuff like school shootings and shootings in general, we let these people build up suicidal thoughts that turn into hateful thoughts that turn into homicidal thoughts. I think assassisted suicide would actually save more lives than ithe takes

At first I was against the idea and then I realised that it would eliminate almost all incels and mental cases. It would be pretty much natural selection on steroids, eventually shit genes would largely die out. I guess I can see the appeal

This, suicide should be easier than buying a gun

One should start with making buying a gun harder.

I agree with you. Everyone should have a right to die. This could cause the decrease in the percentage of suicide fails where a person just becomes disabled and only suffers more. Also, there will be more blood and more organs for transplantation.
Maybe there will be a lot of papers and tests to weed out people, who actually don't want to die, but it is a great opportunity for other ones, who really want to end their life.
I don't like how suicide is translated into the society - like only cowards would do that and other bullshit. It is not a cowardice when you clearly decided that you want to stop your existence. There are a lot of people who suffer from incurable diseases and just afraid to admit even for themselves that they can't overbear it and should just stop and not spend the rest of their lives in suffering.

because like prostitution, anyone supporting it would be commiting political suicide

Alright so lemme get this straight.
Person who "loves life" speaks for homeless people, then makes several arguments against assisted suicide, whIle claiming to be a supporter, and then goading and individual in this thread on like a sociopath would. You're a very unbalanced individual yourself.

>then makes several arguments against assisted suicide, whIle claiming to be a supporter
That's the only reasonable way to go about it. If you support something radical, you better be aware of the potential downsides too, either to find a way to overcome them, or to re-evaluate your support.

>then goading and individual in this thread
I was (still somewhat) seriously curious about his overreaction. He doesn't like the idea, so much is clear but how he went from that to "U WANT OTHERS TO SUFFER" just kinda goes over my head. Especially given how I pointed out how it could be abused. Maybe you can explain it in his-stead.

>You're a very unbalanced individual yourself.
First time I heard that, ever. Maybe you're jumping too soon to a conclusion?

I called you a socioath because instead of just igoring the person you straight up keep goading them on, if they were suicidal and you were doing that, what does that make you? Even anonymous it seems you don't really care about the consequences of your actions on other people, but claim that you do with your seeming interest in an issue like suicide and assisted suicide. I personally don't think a person like that should ever be in a discussion that delicate.
From my point of view, and this is strictly my point of view, you don't actually care for other people's lives and showed that quite handily with that one user, take it or leave it.

As for considering both sides, of course you should always consider both side's of an argument, but you didn't give any supporting argument's to assisted suicide at all, instead all you did was ask for them, is it perhaps you don't have any? Or maybe you're not a supporter at all and you just put that odd disclaimer there for no reason. And the OP did have some reasons for assisted suicide, organ doning and helping hopeless homeless. I must admit it is becoming increasingly difficult to live even on minimum wage, so it's very reasonable for a homeless person to consider suicide but not have any of the tools or willpower to do so.

All in all, you seem like a weird dude

I interpreted it as him coming from the anti-suicide angle.
I guess this could be interpreted both ways but the whole "die" shit and especially
Seems to confirm that my interpretation was at very least not obviously wrong, no? Though props for at least explaining your reasoning, can't say I agree with that but I see where you're coming from.

>but you didn't give any supporting argument's to assisted suicide at all
Not super explicitly but has a few. Besides most reasons are kinda given. I guess one should also add the dignity of ending your life on your own terms in a decent environment instead of the pavement.

>And the OP did have some reasons for assisted suicide, organ doning and helping hopeless homeless.
His/her simplistic view on what causes suicide and what makes assisted suicide a problem distracted too much from these tbqh. And specially the thing about homeless sounds nasty and from such an "above them" perspective. My sociopathic, unbalanced ass actually worked with a few, and most are perfectly happy to live. If someone survives on the streets for years, it's a damn clear indicator of the persons will to live; and improving the situation for the ones who consider to off themselves due the circumstances would be way easier and cheaper than going "just kill yourself, man"

> it is becoming increasingly difficult to live even on minimum wage
No shit. But the focus should be on changing that instead of throwing up our hands in the air and go "Can't deal with it? There is a suicide booth waiting for you."

Though to add to the argument for it: Ideally, there would be an application process and a year (maybe even half a year, I am not educated enough on the topic) period of waiting, during which the applicant has appointments with a professional, if the person still wants to do it, go for it. For people with chronic pains, one can shorten it further of course. Basically steps to address the downsides pointed out.

There is no financial, ethical or moral benefit to providing resources for people who are too cowardly to commit suicide on their own. If you don't have the strength to do it then suicide is obviously not the solution for you. The last thing this society needs is to sink resources into a program to help coddle people through suicide. You want to end your life? Do it yourself. Like I said, I don't think you actually want to do it. I think you just want someone else to take responsibility for the shit that you don't want to take responsibility for. This is most likely a running theme in your life. Get some help, OP. Stop living in a fantasy and take care of your shit.

I must admit its hard to keep up with the breaks in your post with all the quoting and memetext so bear with me.

You working with the homeless, commendable, but very anecdotal. Also I like how you drop these little pat on the back statements here and there, I feel like im really starting to get a sense of your personality. And I would go as far to say you aren't working with the worst of the homeless, the ones who are so messed up in the head they'd probably kill you if you even looked at that with the shit eating grin imagine you having when you "I love life" to their face.
Homeless people are indeed a testament to humanity's stubbornness to survive, no matter how low we go, our weird defense mechanism's in our body, such as hunger, pain receptors and how our brains react to certain situations allows us to endure such harsh events, but that's all it really is, many people can't die because their body won't let them, it overpowers them like many emotons that overpower thought. So any homeless person should give off the feeling of wanting to live, because it would defy human nature, we all want to live obviously, it's natural, it's hardwired into our bodies.

As for changing society, and difficulty of living, come on now, we've been on a downward spiral for decades, it's never getting better, son. one day there probably will be suicide booths, and with how resources are limited, the government would have to do something to thin us out. There's no such thing as miracles or magic, even our planet earth is dying, we're all dying, as a species together, i would go as far to say we peaked already.
space travel is just science fiction fantasy, we'll never colonize another planet, or make special seeds that cures hunger and stops aging, we're doomed and there's nothing you or anyone can do that will stop our inevitable demise. So why not make it easier for some?

As limited as the experience was, I'd say it still adds something in contrast to the detached "homeless people just want to die" (at least that's how I interpreted the OP. And as much as I like to pat myself on the back, my main motivation was hanging/hooking up with other volunteers, so yeah. (What can I say, empathetic girls make my dick hard). Though do tell more about my personality, ideally skipping something simple as "mild narcissism".

Sure, most I worked with were on the amicable side but AFAIK a big majority of the homeless people are. The drugged out hobbo with mental issues makes maybe one or two fifths of them. (Obviously depends on the country) And, even from these, not all are suicidal per se. It'd be way cheaper to improve their situation and focus on lowering the number of fresh homeless. If the cost for suicide booths would be anywhere near lethal injection, the shit would be pricey.

As for the rest, that's just pessimism overload. Living standards in most first world countries "only" stagnated, while still massively improving almost everywhere else. Resources are no way nearly as limited to worry about the stuff at least in our lifetimes. Special seeds aren't needed given that the biggest cause for hunger is logistics (ignoring stock-market fuckery). Unless some fruit gets a too twitchy finger on a red button, none of the doomsaying is really warranted. And if it happens, well shit will be too fast to care.

I am all for making it easier for some; just introducing suicide booths as THE solution instead of an option for very limited use-cases, is bound to lower the perception of human life even further if they get too accepted, which is bound to draw more people into them, and eventually affect the "voluntary" part for the use. That said the current situation is ass too, so at least some expansion of the model from Switzerland/Netherlands to more countries while lowering the age would be a step in to the right direction.

Invest in biomass recycling technologies/industry and legalize suicide and allow people to be a fuel for something