Should I circumcise my baby boy?

Hey Jow Forums, I don't normally come here because I don't like people telling me what to do. I'm really torn about this one though, so here we are. I'm gonna be a dad in a couple months and we just found out it's a boy. Somehow it never occurred to me that this might be a choice we'd have to make until now. I am circumcised, and I'm actually glad I was because I have a friend who isn't and he was bullied a lot in school because of it. I understand it's not really a necessary thing anymore for hygiene and that he'll get more pleasure out of it when he's older if we don't have him snipped, but I'm worried that he won't be accepted by women (or guys, whatever). I tried to look up numbers about how many babies are and aren't circumcised these days but that's all private, and all I found instead was that the CDC recommended as recently as 2012 that it has enough health benefits that all health insurance still has to cover it.

Fuck do I do guys?

Attached: 10up-healthsnip2-superJumbo-v4.jpg (2048x1423, 724K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?&v=BgoTRMKrJo4
collegehumor.com/video/6966989/the-real-reason-youre-circumcised
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Should I circumcise my baby boy
No, and this is probably bait.

No, there's really no reason to do it other than aesthetics and "fitting in." If he wants to get circumcised later in life, he can make that choice himself.

Fuck no

It's not bait.

>No, there's really no reason to do it other than aesthetics and "fitting in."
I understand and agree completely, but what if that's reason enough? I am legitimately fearful that my son might be the only kid in his high school with a "weird dick" and become a permavirgin. I've seen it happen to a guy I grew up with, he's 32, works security, still lives at home and isn't even trying to meet girls.

You absolutely cannot let your role as a parent be affected by what other children are going to think of your children (within reason). By within reason I mean don't deny your children the ability to watch television, or play video games, or anything else that's fine in moderation in a way that basically isolates them from their peers. But circumcision? Really? On the off chance of his peers seeing his penis and mocking him for it?

Children bully kids who are targets, it doesn't matter for what, they will invent something. Their name, their clothes, their glasses, the way they walk, the company they keep, if they're forward, if they're shy, if they have good grades, if they have bad ones. Either your son is going to be bullied or he isn't, and that depends on the kind of child he grows up into. Not on whether you get part of his penis cut off. Do not get elective surgery on children who cannot consent. If and only if he develops phimosis should circumcision be a consideration.

You can always have it done when he's older if it's that big of a deal.

circumcision gives the baby instant ptsd. there is ZERO reason to chop off a kid's extremely skin on his penis. how would it feel if someone sliced off your eye lids?

Don’t do anything without anybody who is involved voice their consent. Period. This included

no

Look I’m a girl and i’ve been with my fair share of guys and i have never seen a circumsized dick irl. I had to look them up when i heard about them . and they look weird. I also live in a liberal area without religious people.

Your son can get it snipped when he’s older so let him make a choice? Also if you snip because you’re worried girls won’t sleep with him, you will teach your son to conform to what society expects of him, at possible pain and hurt to himself. You will teach him that he has to change something he was born with, so women will (possibly) like him. I don’t think thats healthy to teach your baby boy. I don’t care what a dick looks like as long as it’s clean and can do the job.

Dont do it let him decide later

Watch this video OP

youtube.com/watch?&v=BgoTRMKrJo4

No.

>Got bullied for it
Nigga what. I'm not circumsized and not in my entire fucking life have I ever been bullied for it. When I'm hard, the skin isnt even over the head, women cant even tell. My dad wanted to for religious reasons but he was a lazy fuck so he didnt. Circumcisions can also go wrong, I think itd be better to let your kid decide when hes old enough.

Yeah NO.

My parents did, and while I don't hate them or anything, I think it was pretty fucked up that they made that decision on my behalf when I was a baby for no other reason than 'hygiene' and aesthetics.

There was nothing stopping me from getting it done later on if I had phimosis or something serious, so that they took that choice away from me is pretty abhorrent.

Depends. Do you want him branded as muslim?

No, don't do it. Let him decide when he's an adult.

Don't do it, if nothing else your boy might resent you a bit for making a permanent decision like that without his consent. He can get it done later if he wants it. It won't give him better chance of finding a gf or make it less likely for him to get bullied

>I've seen it happen to a guy I grew up with, he's 32, works security, still lives at home and isn't even trying to meet girls.
I'm a 28 year old virgin cutfag. It really makes no difference.
I hope that if you do it he grows up to hate you honestly, it fucking boggles my mind that Western people will screech about "female genital mutilation" while literally slicing of huge chunks of flesh from their baby's dicks. Total hypocrisy.

>I don't like people telling me what to do.
buy you'll mutilate your own kids penis without his consent. alright.
Don't see the irony here, honey?

Why do you want to cut the end of his dick? I'm not circumsized and have not tried to clean foreskin of my penis until I was 18 and it was fine. Circumcizion is unessessary and, traumatizing for most kids, most girls don't even know the difference and if you get bullied because you're not circumzised then you have a lot more problems to deal with.

Literal mutilation in the off chance other kids might comment on it later?

Hahahahahahahahagahahahahahahahaha

Attached: circumise it.jpg (943x1150, 387K)

No

You seem well meaning OP, but this may just be the worst place to post this kind of thread, judging by the emotionally charged abrasive responses.

No.

If a parent put in jeopardy the physical integrity of their child for no good reason, then they need to get the beat the shit out of them

Attached: 1366559069084.jpg (668x1103, 107K)

Probably a shitty board to post this on, but I’d be in the same boat as you as a parent. My best friend is uncircumcised and we gave him some shit for it, and his “weird dick” was brought up by girls and even once a teacher.

All that considered, I think as long as you teach your kid to wash it properly and all, that circumcision is becoming less common, and he should mostly be alright.

>girls
>teacher
Calling bullshit.

>Literally decides the fate of a non consenting baby boy because "them other people did it so why not?".
Why americans adopted this primordial practice is beyond me.
There's no benefit to circumcision and the kid will lose sensation as a result of it.
This practice should've been banned a long time ago. It is absolutely despicable and op needs a "wakeup fist" to the face.
absolute moron.

Attached: 2dbf72c9a2a58f883bc043ceac7731ca.jpg (571x717, 258K)

Don’t do it. I regret doing it to my kids. Kids will be teased about anything. If it’s not this it will be something else.

No shit, in my senior year of high school the teacher had all of the girls walk out of the room and polled the guys on who was circumcised and not. Turned out just to be my friend. When they came back in, the teacher told them. No one gave him shit then, but he was singled out that day. He didn’t really mind, he’s a good looking dude and we were all in a pretty tight knit IB group, but it was still awkward.

We all used to play strip poker with the girls too. For the next two years his penis was always compared to a “wrinkled up flaming hot cheeto.” He still hooked up with girls and stuff but I know plenty that thought it was weird.

But you're an Israeli, your experiences don't apply to the western world.

Don't do it. Even if he actually would get bullied over it, that doesn't justify the pain and loss of sensation. Don't mutilate your son.

Attached: circumcision.jpg (1600x1200, 130K)

DO NOT DO IT
hey user, I'm an american cutfag like you. I was temporarily tempted to have my son cut as well. after checking it out, I couldn't find any real reason to do it. Now that he is much older, I am very proud of my decision to not subject him to such a retarded, primitive, sand people ritual. you are already questioning whether you should do it or not. this means you know deep down not to cut your son's cock up, but you're feeling cultural conformity pressures. DO NOT DO IT. You will feel thankful someday you made the right decision to leave your son's dick alone. he can always cut his dick later, but he can NEVER get uncut.
and for all these cutfag advocates talking about roasties this or teasing that, I hate you with a passion that burns deeper than you'll ever comprehend. beta faggots coping with their cut dicks. I even have a 100% perfect mid cut, nice and loose, with a very aesthetic cock, and i would rather have my foreskin back. I don't even know how men with bad cuts, skin bridges, tight cuts, and all the other shit even get through their days without using their mutilated dick to rage rape every pro-circumcision person out there.

Attached: sayno2cut.jpg (95x129, 9K)

>hygiene
It has never been about hygiene. It was just because people thought it would prevent masturbation.
collegehumor.com/video/6966989/the-real-reason-youre-circumcised

The issue for me is pretty simple. If your kid wants to get circumcised he can do it whenever he wants. No need for you to rush and take the decision away from him.

Foreskin exists to protect the dickhead.
Removing it causes massive loss of sensivity.
Reasons being the missing frenulum, and callusing of the glans due to friction and dryness.
Scar tissue can also lead to deformities and growth problems later on as there is less healthy skin to grow into.
Big fucking no.

Would you prefer your son to hate you with burning passion when he becomes aware of his loss through your barbarian stupidity.... then cut away!

I'm an unmutalated zoomer here. I'm in Canada, but I'm right on the border so I assume it's still relevant. Never once have I had any issues from it. Don't fuck up your son's dick.

Uncircumcised American male here. Girls seem to be curious and intrigued and then conclude that it's better than any cut dick they've had before. I've never had any issues.

I know a guy who had a botched circumcision. He can't orgasm. He tells everyone he meets not to circumcise their kids. It's like become his crusade. I guess if you can't cum it makes sense.

this is the guy i would imagine wants to rage rape the ignorant, and for a long time, since he cant cum.

>I am circumcised, and I'm actually glad I was because I have a friend who isn't and he was bullied a lot in school because of it

Attached: 1537155548396.jpg (418x279, 34K)

Fuck no.

Oh, and a bit of data for people (girls and americans) who don't know how dicks work

The foreskin pulls back when you are erect. Aestethically, cut and uncut do not look different when erect.

cut dicks do look like white dudes who got a farmer's tan and a really bad sunburn.

> anons faggot kid shows his dick to other boys .
kek
there are some medical reasons( young kids would be unwilling/embarrassed to share) and cleaning but your his dad quit being a beta and make decisions

Please dont genitally mutilate your son just so he wont *maybe* get made fun of by other kids who were mutilated. The only way to stop this shit is by choosing to not due an almost useless procedure that fucks his dick head up for life.

The decision to not circumcise is becoming more and more common in America, I honestly wouldnt worry about bullying. DESU you should probably homeschool, but thats just my off topic advice.

Don't worry. I'm circumcised and nobody at school ever saw my dick. I'm still a permavirgin too. Your son will be a permavirgin no matter what.

In all seriousness he will turn out fine I'm sure. I don't think you should circumcise him. Honestly the only thing I would worry about is making sure he learns proper hygiene with cleaning it cause I have no clue how that shit works.