How could I make conversation last for more than 30 sec...

How could I make conversation last for more than 30 sec? I don't get how people can talk for hours like it's the easiest thing in life.

Attached: 1539842939460.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

I'm really bad at small talk too, I just can't force myself to pretend to care about the weather, stupid TV shows or sport.

But that's not the point of small talk anyway. It's just a way to keep the conversation going until one of the two people says something that can be used as a hook for a real conversation about something more interesting. So throw out some hooks to bring the conversation to a topic you care about. Or respond to the hooks of the other person.

Even if you have literally nothing to say, you can still keep the conversation going by letting the other person talk about their life, worries and interests. All it needs are the words "Ah, that's interesting, tell me more". Then all it takes is you actually listening to what they are saying, then the other person stays encouraged to keep talking and you can give sophisticated responses.

Here, people usually gather around food, drinks or some activity.
Try to invite people you want to talk to to one of these and then talk to them.
The simple thing would be to ask a few coworkers if they want to have a beer after work and then try to pitch a few topics or follow the ones your coworkers start.

> I don't get how people can talk for hours like it's the easiest thing in life.
talk about something you both enjoy

I thank God for not being as autistic as some of you

Find a girl who has more than 3 brain cells and isnt an NPC

The trick is to being comfortable.

It doesn't matter what you say its about body language. Smile at them and try and seem open and comfortable. This should allow them to open up too. Once you're both comfortable the words will flow like water.

It has to do with specific people, idk. There are some people I can talk to for hours and hours, and some people where I can't think of a single thing to say.

I read a lot of news so I’ll just throw out something random until it sticks. Usually helps if it’s relevant to the situation.
>you see that movie about Neil Armstrong?
>no is it good?
>I thought so. You know I read China is planing on sending an artifical moon into orbit to replace street lights?
>Well Chinks are like insects so I suppose they’re attracted to big lights
see it just flows

>Here, people usually gather around food, drinks or some activity.
I have lunch with coworkers everyday and still don't know how to talk with them. I'm usually just sitting there eating and listening to the conversations because I can't figure out how to add something. Sometimes we go to the bar and it's the same.
>The trick is to being comfortable.
I'm riddled with anxiety, how can I become comfortable?

>I don't get how people can talk for hours like it's the easiest thing in life.
they like each other and enjoy being around each other

if you can't make small talk and you don't hate the other person its because the other person is grossed out by you

>if you can't make small talk and you don't hate the other person its because the other person is grossed out by you
Could it be that I'm too ugly to make smalltalk? I've never considered this possibility, maybe that's why I can't get a gf.

maybe, but i am pretty sure most people dont care that you're ugly physically instead of mentally

Unless you absolutely hideous to look at or really unkempt, then it is unlikely that people won't even have conversations with you. Sexual relationships are a different issue. But it's more likely your weird behavior and bad social skills.

I find smiling extremely hard, I can only smile genuinely when there's something funny or something...

>in4 forcing a smile

It helps if you are actually interested in people and look forward to talking with them

Life is really complicated with a ton of things going on eg. activities, relationships, events, future goals, family etc. So even if the person really doesn't like to talk about when of those things an infinite amount of talking can be done around the rest of them. The question is what to talk about and when to stop.

I have a hard time listening while keeping a normal amount of eye contact and not becoming uncomfortable. I'm probably autistic

Are these girls too fat to marry? They are about the size of my girlfriend maybe add ten-twenty pounds.

I don't know, but looking at them makes me want to breed them

What kind of question is that?

C
C
I
H
TH I C C
H
I
C
C

>search for this picture
>thread is people trying to find the source and failing

You're a faggot

You follow up every answer with a question until you start talking about something you're both interested in.

My problem is i don't give a fuck about what anybody has to say. I still manage but shit is it forced

I WENT FROM JERKING IT OVER HER TO WANTING TO THROW ACID IN HER FACE - SORRY

start like this

Attached: What are you doing for the holidays fj_e64620_4903258.png (886x240, 100K)