I'm going to quit smoking Jow Forums cold turkey

I'm going to quit smoking Jow Forums cold turkey.

Motivate me, roast me, share your stories etc.

Very appreciated either way

Attached: images-15.jpg (660x464, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Nicotine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get nicotine gum. Dont tell anyone youre quitting, they will just distract you. It gets easier every day.

If it gets abit too hard I'll try the gum, I've tried just about everything but they never seem to work. Its just 100x as hard because literally every one I know smokes and its hard as fuck

>tfw you think you killed the addiction but it's just waiting for you to drop your guard to come roaring back

Stay vigilant.

Attached: 1539987342214.jpg (610x456, 69K)

Quitting smoking is literally harder than quitting heroin as far as psychological dependence goes.

For me the hardest was the little rituals that came with smoking. Buying them in neat little tobacco shops, that little preparation to light one, smoking with coworkers, asking someone to smoke outside at a party and having some brotalk or use it to get closer to a grill, etc. Also I bitched out and never fully quit, just smoking a cigar a week or so at social events.

Try a vaporizer. It's not hard. Even if you can't beat the nicotine addiction, it's not nearly as bad for you.

Think of them like this you're not smoking them for the tobacco but for the cancer cause chemical highs

I do enjoy smoking desu I just hate feeling like a slave and i hate realizing I've smoked like 10 in 4 hours which is alot for me. I cant fuck my girl how i want to cos my lungs feel full with tar and i want to be fit playing sport. I wish i could go back in time and flog 15 year old me for starting in the first place

Will keep in mind, + I'm an ausfag so I'm paying 40 dollars a pop to kill myself, and getting stressed out to choke its a stupid addiction.
Nah, not my thing I'd just rather give the shit up but thanks bruv

I'm never quitting
I like cigs too much, but good luck to ya homie.

Nicotine is fucking based
gwern.net/Nicotine

You're going to be uncomfortable, cranky, and irrationally jealous if other smokers for about two weeks. Two weeks feels like forever, but it only has to be forever if you break and smoke and have to start all over again. Hold out for long enough and your body won't even remember what a nicotine craving is like.

Coffee and aspirin both help with the headaches. Sesame seeds and gum help with car trips. Call your mother and tell her, she'll be happy to hear it. You can do it.

Attached: Never-Give-Up.png (800x425, 497K)

Mouth fedoras are just as detrimental as smoking.

there is NO proof it's not as bad for you yet. Vapes might be WORSE

Quit smoking the easy way Allen Carr. Dropped them and never went back after this book

Good on you. I used to smoke 2 packs a day and then quit cold turkey by accident. Been clear for 4 years. I don't know how much you smoke, but the first thing I noticed was that I had SO MUCH fucking money left for myself after quitting. That and the ability to climb stairs and run.

I miss it sometimes while I'm out drinking or on cold weather, but I never got cravings or withdrawal shit. I do have some shenangans going on in my diaphragm, but apparently it's just a matter of regular cardio for a few years.

Attached: AfterQuitting-stats.png (474x900, 123K)

My grandfather smoked cigars and regulars for 30 years, in all that time he had never visited his brothers who lived in Asia. They invited him to come over and when he did he quit cold turkey, he tried nicotine gum but said it was horseshit after a day and never smoked again.
He did start to snack more on candy and chocolate after that

Eitherway, you can do it OP through willpower

be careful not to start again.
if you do you’ll feel like shit.
don’t go for the gum or the patches or any of that shit. Just quit, throw your lighters and ashtrays now.
if you feel anxious just do push ups

idk yo, I went 2 months without cigs and when I smoked one again finally It felt so good. It was like finally kissing your girlfriend after not seeing her when she's on holiday

I never smoked but my brother did. He quit cold turkey and to replace the habit instead of going outside for a smoke he went outside with a glass of water for the same amount of time. Worked pretty well according to him.

I quit smoking by taking up vaping, it's a lot healthier if you follow the studies they do on it. Almost all of them are positive except for the rare ones out there that are basically bullshit anyway. I recommend a Breeze 2 by Aspire and loading up on Vaporham Lincoln juice for $7 from TheSauceLA if you're interested.

Attached: th (4).jpg (474x474, 38K)

This is smart

You know what's in that liquid? Some of the same shit that is in inhalers. I breathe better than ever and I haven't had a lung based sickness since I started.

Its not healthier. Stop shilling that shit as an alternative.

Shut the fuck up big tobacco. It is way better for you then smoking even if you look like a retard still infinitely better than smoking that other shit.

No it is healthier then smoking but it’s still bad for you.

You know what's in HoHo's? Some of the same ingredients that are in rice. Therefore HoHo's are healthy. Flawless logic.

Attached: 1519210297145.png (657x539, 110K)

I quit, what helped me was replacing when I want to smoke with drinking coffee having a mint or a ricola.

>share stories
Not too interesting, smoked for like 4 years, basically the time i took in college, by the end of it I was smoking quite a lot, I always knew it wasnt forever and would have to quit sooner or later, the day came, I was smoking around half a pack a day, decided, this is the last pack and never smoked again, been a bit over 2 years. Coincidentally on the 2 year anniversary I found an unopened pack on the ground, picked it up and gave it to a friend, made me laugh