What do girls mean with the word cute, handsome and hot when describing a guy?

What do girls mean with the word cute, handsome and hot when describing a guy?

Attached: 1504280866258.png (2048x1478, 734K)

>cute
he's smiling
>handsome
he's smiling and has stubble
>hot
he's making seriousface

>Cute
sweet and might kiss
>Handsome
nice features, might husbando
>Hot
want his d

These answers seem as if all aimed towards one guy.
Wouldn't you want all three in a husband?

>cute
Approachable, sweet, gentle, comfy/cozy, silly/goofy, a bit boyish, soft voice, masculine but softened facial features

>handsome
Aloof, serious, immaculately dressed and styled, square-ish jaw, broad shoulders, manly, mature, somewhat muscular (either under a totally normal layer of fat or low but not absurd BF%), baritone

>hot
This one stumps me.

It's possible to be both cute and handsome and neither are bad things to be in my opinion. Personally, it's pretty much exclusively cute men whose dicks I want to suck or whose faces I want between my legs, but I think I'm an outlier.

It depends.

My bf is all three.
But guys I'm not in love with, cute is more about looking or acting youthful and adorable, and hot in acting mysterious and sexy, and handsome is someone who is objectively attractive regardless if they are my type.

I don't really call guys hot because I think it's a bit weird. When I say handsome I'm probably talking about someone younger than me (think a toddler/baby or 10 year old) and when I say cute I just mean really attractive but maybe it's just because I like being called cute the most.

>These answers seem as if all aimed towards one guy
Correct. It's what expression Chad is wearing today.

>cute
will never fuck
>handsome
maybe I'd fuck him if the mood is right
>hot
put it in please, now

Hot is for a visceral reaction of intense attraction
Cute is for square or round features, or fluffy hair, or when they’ve done something cute (maybe they have some odd quirk, or they really like raccoons, etc)
Handsome is specifically saying that they’re physically masculine in a really appealing way.

So many guys here see cute as an insult or see these terms as mutually exclusive. For me at least they are not. The same guy can be hot to me, handsome to me, and also cute.

I call my boyfriend cute all the fucking time, and I obviously fuck him.

Hey op can I get a medal for resisting the urge to reeeeeee about 'cute'?
Or like, a non-participation trophy.

i would appreciate anyone calling me any of these things

>Cute
general word to use for basically everything
>he did a funny thing, how cute
>he's trying so hard, how cute
>he's wearing a nice outfit, cute.
>he's such an autistic sperg and its cringe worthy to watch, kinda cute

>Handsome
basically features that are masculine but still stylish as opposed to being a beefcake. James bond basically, someone who's classy but still manly.

>Hot
basically opposite of handsome, someone really masculine but maybe less classy, like the wolverine.

I wouldn't but then some settle for less than they can get

Hi any of these things. I'm not dad.

Who knows, do we even know what we mean when we call girls cute?

I don't think girls will call their friends love interests "hot" though, they'll say cute.

>do we even know what we mean when we call girls cute?
Yes. Cute is a subcategory of pretty associated with smolness and vulnerability.

thanks not dad

I call guys cute when looking at them makes me genuinely smile.
For example my boyfriend has the cutest, sweetest, purest smile I've ever seen and whenever he smiles it just brightens up my day - I think that's cute as shit.

I call guys handsome when I think they're good looking in the way Don Draper is good looking. If you get what I mean. Classic, masculine kind of good looking.

I call guys hot when I want to suck their soul out of their cock. Unless I'm sarcastic, which I often am.

I call my boyfriend all 3 things, if a girl calls you one it doesn't mean she doesn't think you're not the other 2.

>cute
chad
>handsome
chad
>hot
chad

Also why did girls first call me cute and now handsome?

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Yuru_Yuri_Season_2_-_07_(1920x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[2CDF8E04].mkv_snapshot_17.54_[2016.01. (1920x1080, 139K)

Cute makes me want to cuddle and protect and nurture. A guy who's sweet and genuine and has a nice smile, someone I'd like to hang out with. It's not a completely non-sexual thing either, I'm just more likely to be mischievous or teasing or playful and desire to take the lead.
>Example: A guy gets embarrassed or flustered about something and I find it very endearing

Handsome is someone who is very physically attractive, though not necessarily in a sexual way. Beautiful in a sharp-featured or masculine way, someone that I would like to draw. Usually implies a higher level of cleanliness or polish to their appearance.
>Example: Someone who looks like they could be a model, or who dresses and carries themself well

Hot is someone that is sexually attractive. Even if they're not necessarily cute or handsome or my usual physical type, people can behave in a certain way that will make me look twice. Things that also imply sexuality (such as a slightly ruffled, disheveled state, that 'just-finished-getting-dirty') can also fall under the purview of hot. Hot is when they have something that makes you think about sex on purpose or not.
>Example: A guy working with their hands in a strong and dexterous way. The sweat and effort and way their fingers move make you wonder what they could do with those fingers

Cute is a daaaw feeling
Handsome is an Oh boi feeling
Hot is an I want sex with this dildo feeling.

Same as guys in relation to women. But you are an incel faggot and won't get it

>cute
can mean attractive, funny, kind, sexy; basically anything
>handsome
attractive, they probably feel safe around you, well-dressed, presentable
>sexy
it means they're horny, duh

t. femanon who calls her boyfriend cute a lot

>Cute makes me want to [...] protect and nurture.
Unironically, is that not something women find unattractive?

>cute
usually boyfriend material
>handsome
attractive
>hot
attractive and fuck material

What women find attractive depends on 2 primary factors.

>Monthly cycle
>Neurological masculinity or femininity

When a woman is ovulating she prefers “hot” men. When a woman is not ovulating or pregnant, she prefers “cute” men. Hot men have good genes for combat, health, & ruthless leadership, but cannot be relied on. Testosterone makes them prone to straying out of sheer lust. And they are more likely to pose a danger to children with their aggression. Cute guys aren’t “fertilize me” material, but they are very reliable and generous with resources. And they make better fathers on average, more affectionate & gentle.

Try to remember this is a spectrum though, not s rock solid 1 for 1. When a woman is on birth control her body thinks it’s pregnant and thus she gravites towards to more “cute” guys. Once she gets off the pill it can cause relationship problems if she doesn’t get pregnant soon, being back on her natural cycle of desiring hot alphas one week of the month.

Another factor is the woman’s neurological androgenization level. Very feminine women have a significantly lower threshold for “hot alpha”. Big musclebound stereotypical Jow Forums “Chad” or “Tyrone” boogeymen freak them out. “Handsome” guys are what they class as “Hot Alpha”. Very effete betas are “cute” boyfriend material. In turn very masculine women have a drastically higher “hot alpha” threshold. Stereotypical “Chad” is simply average/handsome to her. She views hypermasculine goons who’ve probably killed someone as “hot alpha”. And normal guys as “cute” boyfriend material.

It's a tendency some women have, it's not like all women have a switch in their brains that make them go from liking one thing to the other according to their period.
It's not a rule.
I like the same guy whether I'm ovulating or not.

I somehow doubt that's it. I know the whole "beta provider" meme, and I don't see how "protect and nurture" relates to being a provider. Then again I'm clearly not an expert on women.

I've only ever been called cute, never handsome or hot. Is it over?

Attached: 1540555597193.jpg (480x480, 34K)

I’m not saying it’s an off-on switch. But hormonal changes are perfectly natural across a woman’s cycle. The PREFERENCE is what changes. I’m not saying she will just immediately slurp on a given alpha or beta during the monthly cycle. But the urge is there.

You already knew it was before you even asked.

Holy shit this makes so much sense.
And it seems to be true for everyone around me, now that I think of it.
Do you have more wisdoms like this?

Beta provider isn’t a good or bad thing. The people who are typically bitter about it are naturally beta leaning guys who get triggered that they lack genuine sex appeal. Life isn’t all about sex. Women want the sensitive fellow writing her poetry, comforting her, squishing bugs for her, snuggling her while playing the Sims, shooting her goofy looks when something funny happens, changing oil for her, etc. Beta behavior IS attractive to women, just not sexually. They have an important role in human reproduction.

Not everyone can be the stronk ruthless barbarian warriors fucking all the women. Someone has to be the guy tending the animals and making sure the women have enough to eat.

Attached: 7CE8FEA2-29EB-4BD9-9865-4027F68B6050.jpg (431x720, 60K)

A woman is only finished with you once you don’t make her feel anything anymore

Cute either means you're adorable in a youthful way OR it refers to having an adorable personality

Handsome means gorgeous or beautiful but more like admiring a painting or statue

Hot means sexy, and you want to fuck

>evolutionary psychology
literally every time I see some faggot spout this bullshit it makes me cringe so hard I almost put out my back.

>adorable
Ok, but what does that mean? Seems even worse than cute desu.

adorable/cute is the marina trench of friendzones.

Well that's what I assumed, but I'd still like an answer from someone who doesn't share my cynicism about it.

What if a girl called me cute and then used that emoji with the hearts for eyes

>Evolution stopped at the neck

Creationism tier

She sees you as a child.

It depends on the woman. I know a couple who prefer their guys exclusively in the handsome/hot range, but those are also typically very traditional women who like traditional men.

There's also a few who like their guys just cute, and they tend to like to take the lead in dating and sex.

However, I would say 80% of women want a guy who is the whole range at different times. You can be handsome one moment and cute the next. Think about a girl who is a bombshell in a slinky dress and high heels, but you also love to see all comfy in oversized hoodies.

I'm almost exclusively into "cute" men, so personally, it's not unattractive. But I do expect they act like mature adults and not teen boys.

It's weird when I see people say masculine women/tomboys prefer very masculine men. It could be true though.

Not sure what other women mean by it but you know how a cute, sweet-tempered puppy makes you feel? Happy that there's some good in this world and wanting to spoil and protect it? It's like that. This can be in your personality or appearance, ideally both. For example: men who in turn spoil, protect, and provide can be adorable because their kindness and generosity is so wholesome.

Parts can be true and can be scientifically observed. But
>uh well x makes sense to happen so it totally happened in this hypothetical made up situation I just thought of!
Is not science, it's not evolution, it's pure horseshit that gets spewed because "it makes sense".
That's not how science or evolution works, and more importantly that's not how evolution works in terms of sexual or natural selection. The entire concept you're attempting to spew is inherently flawed and nonsensical.

Not only that but anything on the scale you're talking (sexual attraction) can be demonstarively proven to be complete nonsense by simple fact of look who are the modern popular sexy men, very few are some model of fit masculine hunters. I'd like to see the hoops you jump through to explain why women love justin bieber but that makes sense.

Evolutionary psychology only makes sense on base level instincts, but even those can be iffy considering children often dont have those same instincts showing that it's a trait learned later in life, and thus fails to showcase evolution in psychology.
This is literally the field for pseudo intellectuals who want to try to find an intuitive answer instead of actually looking at science or evidence.

I always find it funny how incels pretend women are still acting on monkey instincts from 60 thousand years ago. But men almost unanimously preferring thin and weak girls, who are obviously not the best sexual choice and not healthy enough to be doing the physical labor required of nature, is completely different.

It's almost as if people can have preferences for looks based on their personal interests.

>But I do expect they act like mature adults and not teen boys.
Fugg.

this
made me think

Attached: kim clap.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

Wow

Biggest strawman argument I’ve seen in a while

>thin and weak
No, they want fit and healthy.
Obesity is not attractive and shows poor cooking skills, clearly not wife material.
As for physical labor, everyone I know prefers women who help out.
Women who stand around like a doll is not wife material either.

cute: Gay friend or boy.
handsome: Mature daddy type.
hot: She wants him to want her, but he is out of her league.

>In turn very masculine women have a drastically higher “hot alpha” threshold.
It's typically rather masculine and outgoing women who take an interest in me and I'm a low test male, thin frame, boyish features etc.

Attached: GheT1x1.jpg (1106x962, 316K)

>Academic types have criticized the study, and papers who are publishing it
A study is some work which has been done. A paper is a short article describing the work of the study. The paper is published in a journal or a book and only once.

Pretty much this.

What about when they call you pretty, I’ve been called this several times and I don’t know wtf it means.

Honestly that's such an unconventional thing to call a man that I doubt it means anything other than a vague "good looking". Just consider it as a weird way of saying handsome.

It’s strange, I think they mean you have somewhat feminine features but they find you attractive and must mean it as a compliment.

>they mean you have somewhat feminine features but they find you attractive
When I call a man pretty, this is what I mean, and it's definitely a compliment.

exactly

You’re missing the fact that a man can be highly masculine and aggressive while also providing for a female. This is the ideal mate.

My husband is literally the manliest guy I know. He was in the military, does detective work now, he’s broad shouldered and bearded. He’s fucking hot and not a push over. He also takes care of me, cuddles me, etc.

Being a guy who tomcats around isn’t as good as actually getting to have a wife who loves and cares for you or raising your own sons. Being a guy who doesn’t get to feel a woman intensely desiring him, who is low on the social totem pole and feels incapable, isn’t as good either.

But even men desiring weak women makes sense, since weakness is a feminine trait. Females are naturally much weaker than men.
It’s why shaving caught on even though it’s not good for you and also isn’t the natural state. Women naturally have less hair than men, so it was taking an existing feminine signal and exaggerating it in the extreme. Make up, corsets...they all do that.

Also it’s not monkey brains from 60000 years ago, it’s human brains from a few thousand years ago. The majority of time modern humans have existed they existed in a wild fashion, and many of the traits that served us then still serve us now in different ways. Even most of human history we still lived in a way where men had to directly build hunt or farm whatever they needed, and conflicts were settled with violence. Social aggressiveness = CEO of big company. Protective fighting instinct = isn’t a big puss when you’re mugged or there’s some disaster happening like a tornado at your house.
Do you think that after building these instincts up for thousands and thousands of years that in just a thousand or so they will magically disappear when they’re still helpful to us today, though in a less severe way?

>Being a guy who doesn’t get to feel a woman intensely desiring him, who is low on the social totem pole and feels incapable, isn’t as good either.

what does that feel like anyway

>You’re missing the fact that a man can be highly masculine and aggressive while also providing for a female. This is the ideal mate.
But like, how is it a compliment to just tell a guy he's not masculine? It's like if I told a girl "you're really nice but you look like a man"
Yeah part of it is a compliment, but the other part is just being mean.

> cute
Long-term relationship
> handsome
Objectively attractive but not ((necessarily)) subjectively attractive
> hot
Sex

It means you got more manly but you're still boyfriend material rather than one night stand material.

I've never not had my dick sucked by a women who called me cute or handsome.

Can't be that bad, right?

I've been called all three. Do I win anything, like a gf?

cute = harmless and nonthreatening, child-like
handsome = has attractive masculine features or is well dressed.
hot = has an appearance that appeals to the individual woman and gets them going sexually. could come with being handsome, but not always because you can look handsome but not hot to the woman.

With the guy I was dating I thought of him as hot the first time I saw him, but when I got to know him better and we started dating I'd think of him as beautiful (I only think of a guy as beautiful if he is incredibly good-looking and has slightly feminine features, it's like a step above handsome), but I'd also think him cute when he's being a bit silly or has that innocent smile.

I fit your description of beautiful. Where's my gf?

How should I know, I don't know your situation? If it helps I met the guy at a rock bar in my hometown. Tbh all he did was stare at me enough to get my attention and from there I was the one who asked him out

If you look cute, it means you're beautiful but too young to fuck. If you have cute personality, it means you're charming or endearing. You can be cute and sexy at the same time. Think Goku in the OG Japanese version.

>Think Goku in the OG Japanese version.
The only Chinese cartoon I've watched is fma brotherhood, could you be a little more specific?

Okay, so Alphonse is cute, Scar is handsome, and Roy Mustang is hot. There probably is a character in that show the is both cute and sexy, but it's been a while since I've seen it. For future reference, anime is Japanese, not Chinese.

It's a meme you dip.

cute means nothing, that's all I have ever had experience with

>cute
Charlie Day
>handsome
Buster Keaton
>hot
Syd Barret

That's the difference for me I guess. They're all equally attractive though.

This is actually the most useful post in this thread.

So you haven't watched FMA Brotherhood or Dragon Ball Z?

No I watched fma. The "anime = Chinese cartoons" thing was the meme.

Wait, did I just get outplayed? Did I miss the sarcasm in your correction?