I'm so bored with my life. I want to go on an adventure or just do fucking something. I'm late 20s...

I'm so bored with my life. I want to go on an adventure or just do fucking something. I'm late 20s, finally have my career going. I was a good boy throughout university, just studied to get good grades and work experience, went out and got a job.

And I'm miserable. Is this all life is? Going to work and making money, getting promoted and making more money, becoming manager and managing a few people to make a bit more money?

Is this all life is? I'm so fucking bored. Why did I work so hard just to be successful and miserable? I would have had more fun just being a stoner.

Attached: 1540696884049.jpg (600x834, 58K)

What did you study?

Electrical Engineering.

I spent my whole life doing what people told me would be the "best" thing to do and in the end I'm miserable.

IDK if this is even advice needed or just a lesson to others.

Look into retiring early

Take a 1 month holiday(minimum) to another country.

I've already looked into that. Sadly I don't make enough for it to really be feasible.

Engineering in my country doesn't pay amazingly.

Do you have friends? A significant other? Do you live in a place you like? What do you do besides work?

A few
Never had an SO
I mean not really, it's cold and miserable
I play video games

Where would you suggest.

Tbh i would suggest a holiday to Japan, not just tokyo but the countryside too. Went there this year, and the onsens are so calming and amazing, don't go there only for anime but to experience it as a whole

Not OP, but I'm also bored as fuck with my life and a trip to Japan sounds interesting. How much does it costs to spend a month there? Is is a good idea to learn the language before going?

Attached: 1540536366131.jpg (1600x1200, 179K)

It's a good idea to learn the everyday customs: how to bow and take your shoes off inside type of shit.
Just buy a Japanese English dictionary/phrasebook and you should be fine.

Is just a phrrasebook enough?

If you're in Europe I'm prepared to drive to meet you halfway. Nobody wants to roadtrip or adventure with me, they're all faggots, and I don't want to drive 10 hours to, say, Berlin all by myself, and stay there all by myself because I'm too fucking awkward when there's nobody around that I know.

German on Duolingo is pretty good to survive in German-speaking countries, Japanese is probably the same, plus you know English. You'd be fine for a week at the minimum.

I'm in the most boring country in the world, Canada.

If youre a fat American please dont go to Japan. If you are a hot American who isnt retarded please do go to Japan.

Go smoke some weed bruh

what would you even do in japan alone for 1 fucking month?

Attached: 1690480968.gif (500x288, 405K)

The grass is always greener, I guess. I've always dreamed of getting to the US, buying a car, and driving across the entirety of North America.

Also you're telling an ex-Yu Slav that your country is the most boring lol

Don't take this the wrong way, user. It sounds like you are single? I'm in a similar boat as you, but I'm still in university. My father has always told me I can study as hard and be as successful as I want, but it's all meaningless as long as there isn't anyone to share it with. In the end, you may have all the accomplishments, but it's damn lonely to not have anyone by your side be it friends or significant other. That's where all the emptiness comes from.

Same age, same profession, was told the exact same shit, except here in the US you DO get paid enough to retire early.

I really don't have any advice to give except to make peace with the fact that there really IS very little to life and to just think about how much worse or banal things would have been 100, 200, 300 years ago. I would not personally listen to the advice that you need some kind of significant other in your life, the people entrapped in a marriage with offspring seem to be way worse off and fronting.

Start a new life in a country where you can earn more and find new things you like for your life.

South America with a dregree you can win a lot of money. Thailand too.

Find things that make you feel alive.

Start listening to your heart.

But remember if you feel sad or depress for a long time and you have a passive view of life, you will keep feeling like that until you change things in your life.

Good luck user! Life can be wonderfull, no need to be sad and misserable, life have so much to offer. You just need balls to make the change.

You don't need another person in your life. If you find what makes you happy about being alive, if you find a purpose and set goals, girls will came at you as cats finding milk.

And yes, imagine life 200 years ago, if you are sad in todays world you really need to travel, nothing is going to change your mind if you are with the same perspective over and over again. Meet new people, set goals, but DO SOMETHING. If you just keep complaining and not doing things to get better, hou will be like 75 % people here.

Maybe I'll try moving to the states and at least make more money.

Hopefully my degree and experience travels.

Lost in translation lol

Feel the same. I really want to do some high risk-high reward activities while I still have some semblance of youth left in my body.

>Find things that make you feel alive.
The most alive I ever felt was when I got into a fistfight at 21. It was the best experience of my entire life, way better than sex. I had an afterglow for days afterwards where my mood was high and I felt great. No, boxing lessons are not anywhere close to the same feeling you dumb fuck.

I'd recommend you to find something non-work related to put spare time into

Not anime or vidya but something worthwhile where you get to actually make a difference. Some examples from my life includes volunteering for an organization, contributing to open source projects and running a small business.

I wouldn't recommend early retirement or something like that, even if you'd seriously have the possibility. Probably varies between people but I had a "sabbatical" for half a year between jobs and it made me feel like shit clinging on the walls. Myself I'm actually looking at working only 80 or so percent in order to get a good balance in my life while still having a good personal economy