My father is disappointed of me

>When i was at your age i had job, bought my own car, my own house, finish college and married your mother...

I'm 20 years old finishing college, i don't had a job, what can i do to earn my father respect?

Attached: 56ac034ad8c7b8126f381803194049e3.jpg (1091x1496, 188K)

Your dipshit of a father has no idea how bad this socioeconomic situation is, just don't get into too much debt and get a good paying job ASAP

Your dad's an ignorant cunt. Economy is different now. Instead of trying to earn his respect directly, just do what's best for your future and hope he comes around.

Attached: 1502912340729.jpg (850x1208, 120K)

Your dad is an idiot. There wasn't even half the social pressure there is now. Life was straightforward as fuck back then.
Idk if this is good advice but maybe stop caring about earning his respect. I feel like many people expect things from their son or daughter that are literally impossible.

Dude. Your not your dad. So fuck his expectations. You do you. And you do your best.

If i tell him about how bad the economy is, he will simply tell me that "i live in the same country as you, you know?, and i maintain a house, a family and a company with my work, if i can, why you can't?" which it's true

He's going to always be tough on you.

Be happy you have a dad and tweak his parenting strategy for your own kid so you can say you did better.

>the west has a good economy

Attached: anime kek.png (695x402, 127K)

>20 years old and finishing college
mother fucker I'm 29 and I have 2 years to go. You're doing great. Take your time finding a job or do some menial shit in the meantime. Kick your father in the dick and at least he'll respect you standing up for yourself.

he's a retard no offense, for all his achievements seems learning to read wasn't one of them.
average cost of a house is 4x what it used to be when adjusted for inflation
cost of college is like 20x

Attached: shitcoin.jpg (1700x1095, 881K)

>the same country
but is the money the same money?

No chance OP, boomers are by far the most retarded generation. They take the golden dunce cap, they are easily manipulated, driven by emotions and lack the ability to think critically.

Your dad is a faggot with absolutely no scope of perception outside of his own just like the rest of them. They think what their conditions are the same as ours, just ignore him OP anybody who isnt a golden dunce can tell how much the economy has changed for the middle/lower class.

what was his job, how much a house and a car cost back then compared to his salary and what salary you would get now if you did his job

also boomer shitstains usually got help from their parents either directly or by inheriting their assests
dont try to earn his respect, ask him to treat you as he was treated by his parents

>What was his job
He works as a welder since he was a child with his older brother, in his teenage years he was a professional welder with experience so he started working in a oil rig.
At his 20, his brother died so he decide to stop working for that oil company as a employee, so he created his own construction company working for that same people but as a contractor.

>how much a house and a car cost back then compared to his salary
Let's say a car cost 2000$ and a house 50000$. He was making like 30000$ monthly on average but he didn't had a salary, he make money by contracts, there were good contracts that leave big profits

>what salary you would get now if you did his job
It's still good money way above minimun wage

Attached: 680ed35920a89a4321e544d33d1320c7.jpg (1080x1059, 132K)

So challenge him to start over. Pretend like he’s 22, just graduated from college and has $50 in his pocket and has to rent an apartment and get a job...

Your father is a used up has-been attempting to project onto his own children

Next time just tell him all that work led to him being miserable enough to take it out on his kids and give him the saddest look you can manage. Then tell him you go to bed afraid each and every night that you'll wake up and be the very same monster he's become.

tell him to fuck off back to boomerland

name of that cutie?

He sounds like a dick. Most people don’t finish college until they’re 22. You done good, kid.

Some jew

>Not born Israeli

End me

>tweak his parenting strategy for your own kid so you can say you did better
So op should make them more of a failure than he is.

Dissapointing.

>what can i do to earn my father respect?
Is he narcissistic? If so, nothing will. Every time you achieve something, he'll tell you how he did better. You buy a new truck, he bought a better one. You get a house, it's ok but has issues. If you dad is like this, you need to forget earning their respect. Once they start getting jealous and ignoring your achievements is when you're beating them, which you might not care about if you're trying to get their respect. They'll know you want it, and never give it to you, manipulate you with it too. If you have other siblings, they'll have a favorite too, and in my case it's the one they can brag about most but are not threatened by, meaning that sibling will never come close to his success. He also tries to take responsibility for theirs, while he can't take responsibility for mine.

>what can i do to earn my father respect?
get a job?
all these other anons are claiming "your dads ignorant, the economy is different"
That may be a fair defense when it comes to owning a house and being married but theres no reasons a 20 year old shouldn't have a job.
And if you don't have a job or a car and are in college im assuming your dad pays for it and drives you there? Hes probably tired of doing that shit and wants you to grow up some

learn how to read nigga. he's 20
and finishing college. If he doesn't want a job to distract him from his studies, let him be damn.

I did read. You can still have a job in college. Many student do have part time jobs.
>let him be damn.
he can here asking how not to disappoint his father. If he wanted things to continue the way they are, he shouldn't have made a thread on Jow Forums

You have a father, why are you asking this site for advice? Look at the responses, a bunch of sad losers telling you your dad is a retard and trying to get you to resent him. And don't get me started on the 'economy' excuses.
Your dad puts pressure on you so you strive to do the most you can with your life. He's trying to keep you on track. It doesn't really matter if you do what he did at the same age, he just cares that in the long run you are happy, and not a NEET crying about the economy on an anime site.
This takes the cake for the most pathetic post here. Absolutely no connection to reality.

fuck off retarded fag, there are many other more productive ways to encourage your child other than going on a boomer rant you retarded fuck

It really isn't difficult to have a part time job while studying. If you can't handle doing both, you need better time management skills and work ethic

Tell him to fuck off.
I'm 24 and I've just only purchased land. I'm doing better than most of my mates who can barely afford their own rent.

Shit is fucking tough as is.

If you were 25, then maybe he had a point. Finishing college at 21 is fine.