I've been working for kroger for the last couple of months and I've had no Issues. Until now...

I've been working for kroger for the last couple of months and I've had no Issues. Until now, there's a girl I work with that's been acting very strange around me and I fount out today that she complained about me staring at her. I didn't find out until later she left work because of me. I have no issues with her and I don't stare at her, I've always been cool and helpful.

Attached: workplace-issues-stress.jpg (900x600, 300K)

Not much you can do about it, it’s her word against yours. Just tell the managers your side if they ask about it and go about your business, she probably has a bad reputation that the other workers are aware of.

Why the trip?

Turns out last night she asked to leave and apparently it had something to do with me. My boss was acting like a dick to me (I've had no issues with him either before, he's always been cool and funny) along with another employee I've been fine with. I don't stare at her, I've been looking around for things I had to do, or looking for someone and she'd be staring and we'd catch eyes. If anything, I was the one weirded out. Turns out, she's the bosses cousins wife, and I think she has it out for me for some reason and I have no idea what's going on or where this has came from. I have no idea what to do about it and it has caused an issue with good relationships I had with people there. Last night a couple of people I worked with were being loud about it on the isle, saying "where's user?" "why did she leave?" and kept on giving me dirty looks and I got really angry and depressed.

Here's one situation.
>sitting at the starbuck's at work (it's one that's inside the store)
>watching the tv to my right, shes on the far end of the bench and she keeps looking at me in the corner of my eye
>look, nod, continue watching the tv
>she keeps doing it and I ignore it
>I get uncomfortable, and get up and get back to work 5 mins early because I felt like she was being confrontational.

What do I do about this? How do I fix this? I've done nothing wrong and someones dumb shit fucked up a good workplace and relationships I had. I feel like if something can be done, I'll always have this cloud over my head and be seen in a bad light.

This is something that could possibly get me fired, Kroger has a zero tolerance policy and I could lose my job if it went to higher up's and they felt like there was an issue. I've never bothered her, I've always tried to talk to her, been nice, friendly, literally no wrong doing on my part. Maybe she feels that since she has a close relation to my boss she can just complain and get rid of anyone she doesn't like. Which is fucked up, and childish for a grown woman to be acting.

It’ll pass, I’ve been caught up in someone’s shit at work before and then it went away. Can’t be charged with sexual harassment for looking at someone anyway

I have no idea about any type of harassment because there was none. She's new too, she's been working there for about 3 weeks. I'm not the type to stare or cause issues. I usually keep to myself and engage in small talk with others when I can. I noticed her acting strangely before when she came on to an isle I was straightening up, looked at me, I looked at her, said "hi", and she spun around and left. I have no idea what the fucks going on. That's what I'm stressing out about, this bitch, what her problem is, and if it could end up with me losing my job. I've talked about this to someone else and I was just told to avoid her, but I'm not going to do that. If I have to do my job, than I will, and I'm not going to give her the pleasure of feeling like she has any control over me because of her relationship with my boss.

>her relationship with my boss.
That's it. She feels like she can fuck with you and have you gone if she wants and probably lied her ass off to you co-workers. Shitty situation.

tell them you're gay and presto

Yeah it is a shitty situation. I just don't want to lose my job, seems like I've already lost the relationships I've made literally over night. Guess I have to take the L for that one :(

bump. stressed the fuck out

the amount of "its not my fault I did nothing wrong" here is fucking astonishing

ok.

Ask if you can change shifts or stores as her behavior makes you uncomfortable and you feel like it’s becoming a hostile work environment... put this in writing and send a bcc to your boss’s boss.

it wont matter unless he gains some self-awareness and changes the underlying behavior.
its just going to happen again

Classic, blame the victim...

OFFS really?

what?
#nobully next?

Yeah really... I guess he wore his smock too seductively. He was asking for it.

or he really did creep her out and you enabling him is not going to help him for next time.
wait, are you pretending to be retarded? I cant tell. smock? its not like she touched him user.

That’s the thing about nepotism, maybe she wants a friend in your place. Maybe she likes you and she is covering her ass by blaming you.

she left the job and as long as you aren't actually a creep, this shouldn't happen again, dont sweat it.

Let's take a step back here. This is all about intangible, meaningless "looking" between new employees at a grocery store. The stakes aren't very high here. This woman sounds like a lunatic if OP's interpretation is correct, so the best advice is to simply ignore it and do your job like this is no big deal, since it's not a big deal. Don't fret over "lost relationships" with other employees, since no reasonable person would drop a friendly work relationship because of hearsay about OP looking at someone.

At the very worst, you can work at Food Lion or something, it's not like there are a shortage of grocery stores.

>as long as you aren't actually a creep,
theres the rub tho