How do I become known as an expert in my field?

How do I become known as an expert in my field?

I see all these experts running around publishing books, doing talks, and doing consulting stuff, none of them even have PhDs.

How do I become one of those people? (I'm in a niche field of CS).

Attached: 1514533502016.jpg (1342x1920, 818K)

Hard work and good work

1. Get Famous (Youtube or Social Media)
2. Provide Product (Research, New Insights, etc.)
3. ????
4. Profit

Attached: popularguy.jpg (584x547, 59K)

why do you want to be known as an expert? you don't exactly have the ideal career for attaining fame yknow

I want to be one. I see all these guys on the news talking about topics related to their work, and I want to be one of them.

You can always talk about your work in a blog to your 2.5 followers like the rest of us

I'm asking how to get more than that...

Your goal is not clear. Become an expert with study, training and experience. Be recognized as an expert by achievement and teaching and writing. Be admired as an expert with observed success and self-promotion and some luck. Anyone can write a book. The trick is really defining your niche.

My goal is to be recognized as an expert in my field.

I have accomplishments, some open source projects etc. But I want to give talks and be recognized.

was right. you have to be someone recognizable

I'm asking how to become that someone.

This is an admirable ambition.

I'm not in CS at all but for most fields you have to come out with at least one genius, groundbreaking idea along with being good at the shit everyone else does. Either find a big problem and fix it or make something truly innovative that others can use.

Damn I need to become a genius

I had an academic publication even before I got my bachelors. I took a class where we wrote 10,000 words on a research topic instead of actually going to class, and my supervisor deemed it good enough to publish in a national journal.

Yeah and I won first place in a regional division for the National Writing Contest as a Junior in HS and got a plaque for the senate.

Guess what I ended up doing?

NEET giving Jow Forums

Was that supposed to be the same level of achievement?

I had one too.
But now what.

No

Mine is far more prestigious in both field and publication

Just so you know that's is first place overall. There is no higher rank and I won in the most competitive region (California)

I guess I've earned Meme fame tho

CS is not a field to be proud of.
Let us know when you decide to pursue a real career, script kiddie.

I always wanted to do geopolitical studies but did what my parents wanted me to.

I regret it so much every day.

Self-promotion