Should I work manual labour? Will I regret it in the future?

Should I work manual labour? Will I regret it in the future?

Attached: Screenshot_20190201-062706.jpg (1004x992, 358K)

My brother does it. It seems very nice to be able to afford basically anything within reason, but he has very little time. It also beats the hell out of you, and it dangerous (depending on what you do).
There's a reason they have to pay so much for people to do it.

Attached: 1475521413617.jpg (139x129, 6K)

That sounds like good money, but they're high paying jobs for a reason: most people dont want to do them. If you can enjoy it then go right ahead but most people won't.

It seems like a better deal than what I can get in to at University with a low 80s average. Most of the careers that come out of said programs average like 65,000.

You're right, but consider what working demanding hours is going to mean for you. There are going to be times where they are going to force you to go work like 18 hours for a week and ur not gonna see ur gf for any of it. Consider what that's going to be like when you have children.
Basically, if you think it's for you go for it. Are you reasonably fit? My bro says he needs to work out to sustain himself for the job but idk.

Everyone here saying it’s good money and all

Also, isn’t the recruiting website saying this? It’s like those online colleges commercials
>study on your own time
>study at home or on the go
>over 1000 career choices
>lock in your rate today
Like it’s too good to be true

Yeah they seem to be inflating it a bit. Most sources seem to say 85,000-100,000

18 hours a week? That doesnt seem like too much.

>18 hours a week? That doesnt seem like too much.
well you're clearly not cut out for school lmao. I meant a day.

I doubt that many people are forced to work 18 hours a day. Seems unlawful. You're bro is a lineman? Is he in Canada?

He's not a lineman, no. He works with the power transformers or whatever the fuck.
IDK about cucknada but if they need you out there the entire day you can bet your ass you will be.

Being a lineman is not manual labor. It's a trade.

It's great pay, but it's also kinda like being a doctor because you will often be on-call. The power goes out somewhere while you're on call, and you gotta just drop everything and go deal with it.

I personally enjoy it, but I'm still fairly young at 29. Who knows how I'm going to like it at 49, right?

But I love working hard, getting dusty and sweaty and tired, then coming home and taking a shower and really feeling like I did something with my day and I earned the right to sit and lurk for the next 6 hours.

I am 32. I have been to university, I have job jumped and tried a lot of different fields. I'm a carpenter now.
If it well paying and boring is a thousand times better than shit paying or even stressful.

I'd take mind numbing over high stress any day.. anyway, yeah. Do a trade if you really want.

You’ll destroy your body trying to make $100k/year in a trade job. You’ll be twice your age by the time you’re ready to retire. That said, straight 8s in a trade job will still net you *decent* pay.

Labor intensive jobs are fine and dandy when you're young.
But when you're getting older, it does a doozy on your body.

Unlike a lot of trades, being a lineman doesn't expose you to any hazardous chemicals. All the hazards are physical; they're over as soon as you clock out.

>Straight 8s
As in 8 hour workdays?

Yeah, 8 hours 5 days a week. Normal people hours.

Keep in mind there's a "happiness cap" on income that hovers around 70k a year.
Meaning that around there money stops influencing quality of life and job satisfaction community and activities are the major player.

At 65k, if you ask me, it starts to seem silly to want to change fields entirely solely for more money. If your job was extremely stressful or daining I'd get it. But don't do it for money, 65k is an excellent income.

>Keep in mind there's a "happiness cap" on income that hovers around 70k a year.
Not if you add kids or family issues to the bill. The average is around 70k but it's a case per case basis based on the individual

Have you made 70k a year?
My income fluctuates a lot, but there's a few years I did.

I pay 1400 a month in rent. One year I had to pay rent in two places so 2000. All my bills are actually pretty high on the spectrum and I still had tens of thousands to waste on dumb shit and still managed to kill a lot of credit debt and save.

It's a lot of money man. Keep in mind the "average family" has kids and life crises and shit just the same.

Is that $100k CAD or USD?

I'm American and make $108k USD a year and am pretty comfy. So is making 100-150k CAD in Canada equally comfy?

CAD is basically monopoly money.

Bro, in life when the time comes, we're all going to have regrets. You can't live without money, go where the money is. Simple