Is it inhumane to have a cat declawed...

Is it inhumane to have a cat declawed? I want a cat but I'm afraid it'll scratch me so I wanted to get the claws blocked.

Attached: petmd-kitten-development.jpg (473x355, 100K)

Kill yourself

>afraid the cat would scratch me
What are you, a coward? Yes it's inhumane. And only for lazy pet owners.

Imagine cutting the bone out of the tip of your fingers and toes, but you keep your skin and meat intact.
Not imagine you have to walk on your toes on top of that.

Yes, it is inhumane

If you are loving and not abusive to your cat, it won't scratch you
Also, even if you did declaw the cat(don't do it), it'll bite you instead

You ever had a fingernail yanked out
Yeah.

Cats rely so much on their claws, to play, climb, run, and for dignity. If you want to get a cat declawed, don’t get one. It’s like pulling out the teeth of a dog.

If you’re afraid of being scratched you’re not ready for a pet, period

You can musil it.

I had a bad experience with a cat as a child

When you piss off your cat, it might scratch you. HOWEVER the scratch will be very minor one, as a warning.

If you declaw your cat, the angry cat wont have any other way how to tell your behavior is unnaceptable but to literally bite your finger / ear off.

You have been warned.
reddit.com/r/funny/comments/5k5umg/the_cat_wanted_the_playstation_for_christmas/

Yes it's absolutely inhumane. Don't fucking get a cat. And he can still bite you retard.

why did the cat get angry at him

Just get a hamster if you’re that scared. Never get a cat and declaw it

Some say its because the cat felt threatened by absolutely uncalled for never seen before behavior displayed by its owner.

Some say its because cats dont tolerate console peasants.

Yes, absolutely, very much so. You can go to a pound and adopt an older cat who does not scratch or was declawed by a previous owner.

>but I want a cute kitten
Then deal with scratches. Kittens also scratch way more than adult cats, also to test their claws, just like puppies bite. It won't be super painful but it can sting a little sometimes.

Not all cats are sociable (especially because they get taken away WAY too young from their mother because people want cutesy tiny kittens) and if you get a kitten you could always wind up with a volatile cat, or one that simply does not like affection period.

If you are not ready to experience negativity surrounding a pet don't get one. They are a commitment and in this day and age the chance that a given animal will get a good second home is very slim.

so similar topic to OP, is it bad to get a dog's ears wired? I hate how droopy and sloppy my boy's ears look.

Less bad in the sense that if it's done well it will be less of a constant nuisance throughout life. Having said that it blows my fucking mind that you would put your pet through pain because of some aesthetic you have in mind for them.

Yeah that’s dumb as hell. Why do people like this even have pets

>Jow Forums is against declawing
>Jow Forums is still onboard with circumcision

I am European and very, very much against circumcision. So much so that I sometimes rant about it when drunk (and in Europe no one else cares as it's not a big thing anyway).

Because if they would do that there’s a good chance they don’t know enough about pet ownership to know that they shouldn’t get one

Attached: B4ED6B14-00F4-4F08-B010-E0AC61751DC1.jpg (750x500, 29K)

Let me tell you what happens when a cat gets declawed.

First, you tourniquet their arms to minimize the mess. You have to be careful where you clamp down, otherwise you could cause permanent nerve damage, but you have to make sure to get it as tight as possible because otherwise there'll be blood everywhere. Then, the vet takes a special instrument and starts cutting off their toes--can't just remove the claw or it would grow back, so you have to remove bone. Then, they suture each toe, slather on a thick yellow antibiotic goop, and begin wrapping the feet. When finishing a wrap, you have to use very strong tape to deter them from chewing, and it's strong enough that we prefer to use some special solvent to dissolve it rather than tear it off and take the cat's fur with it.

During surgery, they'll get a pain injection, but after that there's nothing. Just antibiotics to prevent infection. They have to stay in the clinic, feet constantly wrapped, with a cone on, for at least five days--more if they're an older cat or just a slow healer. There's days I'll come into work to find a cat has taken off their bandages, and there's blood everywhere. One cat was healing well enough to go home, only to then chew out the remaining sutures and re-expose his bone. By the time the owner brought them back in, the exposed bone had died and we had to take off an extra phalange on almost all of his toes.

Please don't do it. As someone who sees the surgical process and the healing process, please don't put your cat through that. Additionally, declawed cats tend to be tempted to bite more easily than cats with claws, and trust me when I say a cat bite is much worse than claws