How do I become a better man for my gf? This is my first relationship and I think I'm overwhelming her...

How do I become a better man for my gf? This is my first relationship and I think I'm overwhelming her. We've been together for almost 6 months, but I have some behaviors that I'm afraid are pushing her away. For example, a huge "competitive spirit" which makes me try to one up whatever she does, issues in recognizing her merits (I always praise her, but somehow she thinks I'm putting myself on a pedestal and looking her from above as if she was inferior). Or again, she doesn't feel respected. How can I improve in all of these? I can't help but feel I might destroy the relationship and that I don't deserve her

Attached: DxVgqRqUYAAQdfq.jpg (2048x1452, 309K)

Shameless self bump

try to talk to her about these kind of things
however, you have to know that if a woman senses weakness in men, they'll lose respect for him, which is vital in a relationship
also, how old are you? If you're around 20, try to use this relationship to grow, to understand what a relationship needs to be stable

>How do I become a better man for my gf?
Ask her these exact words "What can I do better for you?

Tried to talk to her already, the thing I wrote here are what she told me. She said there are more things, but she kind of has issues telling me, not because she doesn't want to but because she usually buries her negative feelings. I've seen her growing very distant in the last few days, and I'm worried because we had some arguments because of me
22yo here btw, gf 19

Sounds like she's been cheating for a while and this is looking for an opportunity to break up with you or have you break up with her

I trust her blindly, I know she would never cheat on me

6 months means you're still developing your communication styles with each other.

My boyfriend was good at giving but bad at taking critique. I felt it was lopsided. So I said to him, we both need to work on it - because I love you and I want to get along and want us to keep improving in our lives. If we just tell eachother what we want to hear we'll never progress. And everything is good now.

Maybe that will help. Goodluck, you sound like a wonderful boyfriend.

Hope the heartbreak isn't too bad when it comes pal

This

We've actually known each other for several years before getting together. Whenever she tells me something to improve I try and do it, though some stuff may be very hard and take quite some time.
A while ago I confronted her about her growing more distant, and that I wanted us to start being again like we used to be when we started dating, to which she answered "do you really want me to have no friends again?", so I guess we're kinda having the same issue you did. If I try to move a critique, trying to not make myself sound too harsh, she still sees it as me attacking her so I don't know where to go from here
I'm far from being a wonderful boyfriend to be honest, but I want to get there

You're already a soiboi niceguy "boyfriend," by the way it sounds. Seem like the type who would clean her up after one of her "male friends," is done with her.

I'm sorry life hasn't been kind to you, user. Don't worry, maybe one day you'll find love too

Here's a tip, since you seem gullible enough to believe whatever comes out of her mouth.
Never let yourself love a girl more than she loves you. Never. That way when it ends it won't hurt so bad, and she'll be the one that's missing out. Also, I hope you've learned to love yourself because that's more important than any woman in your life.

What about hanging out with the same group of friends? It seems like this relationship is going to shit and she's not telling you why

Technically they're all online friends, I did ask her to add me to the group though and I think I managed to become friend with them (which is quite rare for me). About the relationship going shit I don't think so for various reasons

So does she play vidya with them or something? If so play with them together. She gets to have friends and you spend time with her

Drop the competitive spirit because from what I see it became a habit of yours. After a good amount of time you can start joke around with the competiveness but always be careful with it.

Every now and then yeah, though her ex is also there and we aren't exactly best friends
Yup, realized that too late, had it since ever and nobody ever told me anything about it before today

Just tell her that you're changing that part of yours. Free good boy points

Attached: 83C47828560A47AD97603F97B36745B8.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Really really push her to try to make her explain herself
If she instantly refuses, just drop her right there. She clearly lacks the maturity to be able to handle these kinds feelings

She's had some traumas which led her to develop a sort of apathy, so it's not that easy. Still I'm going to try nonetheless