How do i go to a bar alone without it seeming awkward...

how do i go to a bar alone without it seeming awkward? basically i just want to go out and soak in some form of social life even if i have no friends.

Attached: bar-fight-1.jpg (800x500, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlNw5P0_ltg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also what kind of bar is best for hoping to strike up random conversation?

This past summer I spent most of my time going to bars and restaurants alone. You kind of just stop caring about if you look awkward. Obviously you don't want to stare at people or anything like that.

I can't really help you with the socializing thing, I rarely had conversations with anyone there. Luckily they were usually the ones to start the conversation when it did happen.

It's pretty common for boomers and other people who were around before the internet dominated socializing to go to a bar alone just for some conversation. It's still fine, but people raised on the internet never learn it.

is there a certain type of bar thats best to for going alone? a lot of bars in my area seem like restaruants that are active and everyone is with friends at a table so it seem awkward to go alone.

I can see myself going to a restaurant alone to enjoy the food. Do go to bars to enjoy the drinks?

everybody under 30 was raised on the internet

Yes, that's why you idiots don't know that about bars.

Most of the bars I went to were also restaurants. The one I went to the most is a more upscale restaurant in the downtown area, but the bar is in its own separate room. I was also definitely the youngest there being 22. I went most places with the intent to enjoy some food, but there were a few exceptions. One was a cigar lounge I went to a few times. People were pretty social and friendly there, but one time I smoked too much too fast and got sick so I've never been back. Another exception is this pub also in the downtown area. It's the place most of the 20-30 year olds went besides this gay bar. Easily the best place to socialize with random people my age on the weekend. On the otherhand, some bars/restuarants were more for people with friends, and I only went there if there was something going on, or if I just really wanted their food. So I would say it depends on the usual crowd that goes to whatever bar you go to. Just go out and see for yourself, it doesn't hurt.

Awesome that it worked out for you. On the few times I tried going out myself, it just felt kinda weird and lonely.

Best spot is to hang out in the back if there's a smoking area outdoors or whatever. Even if you don't smoke people go there just to get away from the noise and most of the crowd. Just pretend to be on your phone like anyone else.

Try picking up billiards/snooker OP.

Dive bars. If you go to a loud club bar everyone is in their own groups. At dive bars the crowd is usually older and lonelier. Just sit at the bar and someone drunk will talk to you

I go to bars alone all the time. I did a lot of reading at the VFW, and if I have money I’ll eat lunches and dinners at bars and shoot the shit with randos. The VFW, American Legion, other townie bars, etc are good bets. Chances are if you’re in an area with a lot of zoomers, you’ll meet some people your age at these places who are looking for the same thing as you.

Any bar is fine OP, dive bars and if you can dance dance bars would probably be great because that's a huge ice breaker.

I went to a bar after work the other day and this old guy started chatting me up, we played uno together and his friends came over and started playing with us. Just don't be intimidated, don't worry about looking stupid, and don't feel bad if someone rejects/is annoyed talking to you - cool now you know you would've had a shit conversation anyway.
Playing a game/having interesting stories/common hobbies is always good ice breaker. Don't sweat it too much, really.

I love chilling at a good bar, getting to know the bartender, whatever. But I'm a total normie and good conversationalist. I also travel for work and shit, so it puts me in a situation where my options are either to set out alone to a bar, or depressingly take food up to my hotel room and watch TV alone, so I'll always choose the bar.

A few tips
>Head to quieter bars, don't try to sit around in a place where it's almost like a nightclub atmosphere
>Your phone is your pal, it can make you look busy
>Most bartenders are paid to be friendly, you can make a little friendly chatter if they're not busy
>Don't interrupt people having a conversation with their friends unless you have something REALLY relevant to say (sports are good for this)
>Never a bad idea to check out a food menu even if you're not ordering, it'll make it look like you're not just there to get hammered alone

I dunno, it comes naturally to me, booze is a social lubricant, and I can always pass things off at home by saying I don't have X sports game at home because I cut the cord.

idk my mom told me to order a pina colida ( I don't drink alcohol) and sit there seems awkward af

Be confident
for a guy going to bar alone is most normal thing.
just be yourself. have a few drinks before u go.
Lots of people travel move for work.
go to strip clubs alone. etc

trick is just be yourself and drink until u feel comfortable.

chances are there is a bigger loser there by himself.

just don't go sober.

talk about yourself ur goals job life plans future past. whatever. topics in news sports etc.

alpha males go to bar all the time and pick up girls one night stands.

dress nice .groom properly.
wear new cloths.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlNw5P0_ltg

Go to a hotel bar. It is expected that there will be lots of travelling for work, people that are by themselves.

Just go, people will be minding their own busines not really giving a shit if the dude or girl walked alone or not, it’s all in your head, maybe you lack the confidence of just saying fuck this I don’t care what they think/say

Or dance clubs. I was asking a 20 year old about 18and over dance clubs. No clue what I was talking about. I ended up using the word disco to describe a place where music is played and young people go do dance and “be out”. She had no concept of what I was describing

There's a pub I go to on my own quite often, if none of my mates are about on a Friday or Saturday night.

To be fair though there's always people who I know or recognise there as I used to work in the shop next door so a lot of regular customers in this place were regular customers in the shop.

To be honest though, there's something really zen about having a beer on your own and being alone in your thoughts, or people watching.

I might be doing this myself soon enough, there's this little place I'm pretty sure would count as a dive bar that I pass on my commute every day

Part of it is hoping that some kind of hookup might result from it, but I'm also a generally anxious person in most social situations, so I figure if nothing else I'd be wearing away at that and I'd get a drink or two out of it

So I guess like other people have said, just go for it. Mostly hear that it's not that weird anyway, at worst itll probably just be annoying if its crowded and you cant find a seat