I asked my friend if he’s moving in with his girlfriend next month and he said no...

I asked my friend if he’s moving in with his girlfriend next month and he said no, because she doesn’t feel ready to leave her parents yet and doesn’t want to. But I found out he’s been telling other people that he IS moving in with her. So he’s either lying to me or to them. But why is he lying at all? What’s the point?

Attached: D635D489-F80D-463E-A477-BF1ABD165858.jpg (735x919, 201K)

Lana del rey is so cute despite being a filthy degenerate

yes she is cute

now please tell me why my friend is lying?

Embarrassment, insecurity. He trusts you but wants to come off as someone else to your other friends

I agree with the poster above that he's probably lying because of insecurity or embarrassment or whatever, if he's lying.

But is it possible that the situation has changed? He could have told people they were moving in before he found out that they weren't. Or perhaps she has come around to the idea.

I guess that makes sense. I was hurt thinking he would lie to me but the people he’s been telling that he’s moving in with her are more like neighbours and casual aquaintances. But why would he lie and say he’s moving in with her if he’s not? Just because it sounds better than “I have no money right now and might end up homeless” or what?

Dirty fuckin liar.

A old school police man once told me if someone will lie to you, they will steal from you.

Or you are a untrusty sack of shit and your friend does not trust you.

One of you two faggots is shady as fuck.

>what's the point?
Of this thread? I'd like to know too. Literally what's the problem?

You'll have to ask him why he's lying. There are a million possibilities and your guess is as good as any other user's.

the butthurt on this one is epic.

>But is it possible that the situation has changed? He could have told people they were moving in before he found out that they weren't. Or perhaps she has come around to the idea.

His neighbour thought I was his gf and said “I heard you’re moving in together, you must be excited!” and after that I asked him if it was true and he said that it wasn’t and that his gf moving in with him would make things easier on him but she doesn’t want to. Then the next day his other neighbour said the same thing, that he had told him he was moving in with his gf. But maybe you’re right and he told people that at one point and then she changed her mind? Or maybe he’s just embarrassed for some reason?

I’d like to know why one of my best friends is potentially lying to me for no reason?

>OP is a woman
Ok it makes sense now

not OP but why does that matter?

You got friendzoned.

How was I friendzoned and what does that even have to do with anything?

It’s obvious that he previously thought (or maybe assumed) his gf would move in but the situation changed recently. He’s under no obligation to go out of his way to correct every single person he told about his gf.

females don’t get friendzoned, you retard. unless OP is a landwhale, but if the neighbour got her and the gf mixed up she’s probably his type physically too. he might not cheat but if him and the gf ever break up and OP asked him to fuck her there’s no way he’d refuse.

He has some feelings for you that he can't let go of. Telling you he's moving in with his gf is like subconsciously "cheating" on you. You might want to confront him about this because there's a chance he's only with this girl as a substitute for you.

Because only a woman would be petulant enough to get so miffed about something so trivial. What obligation does she think he has to keep her in the loop regarding his gf?

I don’t know. He did admit to being in love with me in the past. Apparently he was into me for years, but he seems to be over it and says only he loves me as a friend now. He did kiss me last month but I attributed that to the alcohol we were drinking more than anything else.

close friends generally expect to be kept in the loop about major life events. it shouldn’t be a big deal for him to say “hey user, i’m moving in with my gf next month” if that’s what’s happening unless he has feelings for her or something.