Money and Happiness

>saving 73.6% of income
>recently dumped
>much more spare money omitting dates
>have most material things i want
>remaining materials not too keen
>live far from enjoyable experiences
I have a lot of new allotted disposable income, and I am unhappy.
What kinds of things should I consider buying to encourage a deeper happiness within me?

I am considering
>going back to do my masters degree (application in progress, may need to raise GPA)
>learning second language (arranged)
>anime figures
>invest in apartment of my own (would begin saving less, but increase in value may make up for it)

Some options would make me feel happier in my space, others are investing in experiences available to me, and some are unsafe investments. I'm a bit lost and I need some assistance deciding.

Attached: 20180723_170726.jpg (2976x2976, 1.71M)

Make her undump you

>anime figures
I hope you are unhappy FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
You're fucking pathethic

Therapyyyyyyyyyy

Christ I wish I could

Attached: IMG_0419.jpg (3024x4032, 1.63M)

Pursue a hobby, I was planning on buying an expensive guitar and making a home studio with my future income. Maybe something weird like buying a drone and taking scenic photos from the sky, you could even turn it into a little side hustle to eat up some time. Found some content creators online and support them through Paterson and see what they have to offer. Could travel for a good 2-3 weeks and meet some people internationally or volunteer internationally. Maybe buy some expensive cookware and ingredients and learn how to prepare top tier dishes, that’d make you desirable to woman, teach you a valuable skill that involves one of the most important things in life,food. Use the money to learn/follow a passion and meet others/establish new relationships, these two things lead to happiness from my experience. I’m still in college tho so take what I have to say with a grain of salt hopefully gave you something to think about.

but i dont have any yet user :(
Break up is pretty fresh and it helps keep my mind off of it. I play a TCG using my favourite anime.

Attached: IMG_0477.jpg (3024x3024, 1.04M)

Find* Patreon*
Sorry, phone poster.

Forgot to say I am going to be arranging this soon

Attached: IMG_0450.jpg (3024x3024, 1M)

Yeah, and also try to find a niche physical activity hobby as well. Something to get you outside for your dose of vitamin D.

I actually do have lots of hobbies
>2 tcg games
>gym
>aquatics (see op, but this is on hold since my shrimp died recently and i may move)
>programming/game dev (better my chances for a career i like)
>art (tapered off a bit, but still have all the supplies i need)
>travelling (timing isnt right at the moment, worked in thailand for a couple months and travelled around in 2016, back in canada)
>volunteer (currently registered for local volunteering training)
>cooking (used to be hobby, can still do it but dont care about it right now)
>scuba diving (used to do this when i lived close to water, do not anymore)
>mechanical keyboards
>collecting cards (maybe figures?)

Attached: IMG_0093.jpg (3024x3024, 1.17M)

Buy a cheap apartment or house. Then get into DIY shit. Better than wasting it on extra college.

>Anime
Go to cons if they're your thing. Go to Anisoing concerts.

Save up for medical insurance AND cancer treatments, minus insurance payouts, cause insurance can and will screw you over when possible.

that mean hmmm... at least 2 million USD just to be safe? I mean if you actually want to live past cancer and other endgame diseases.

>Better than wasting it on extra college.
I'm quite passionate for my field, but I am with you about the apartment. Worried about spending my life savings on the down payment though.

>Go to cons if they're your thing
I was going to go to one, but I was not in the right state to arrange to go. It's actually happening right now, and probably won't come again until next year. From this point onward I'll continue to keep my eye out though.

>Save up for medical insurance AND cancer treatments
I live in Canada so it's not as bad as USA, plus I have benefits from my current job. My savings are going towards a next big purchase right now, but I want to spend my disposable income to help support a satisfying life.

Attached: IMG_0983.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

Why not try doing some of those things again?
Maybe make a list of other things you've always wanted to do in the past but couldn't due to money/time constraints

Those are all things that I do now, minus excuses for some of them like
>aquatics
>art
>travelling
>cooking
>scuba diving

Invest in apartment of my own? So you live with your parents? If you still live at home then the percentage of your income you save is now not very impressive at all. I need actual numbers.
If you still live with your folks I'd say try and save even more money, buy them a gift, give it to them, say its a going away present, then move the out.

>$60,000 CAD before tax
>8% rent ($400/mo)
>12% personal (up to this point, on the downfall since dumped)
>73.6% invested (12% before tax, 70% after tax invested)
I have over $50,000 vesting at the moment

Attached: IMG_0890.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

Howd they die? Are they blue velvet?

They were blue carbon rili. It was a planted tank, and the soil had too much copper in it, even through the sand cap.

I'll get more later since I may be moving soon, and the safe dirt isn't easily found in Canada.

Attached: 1UaoyXs.jpg (2976x2976, 945K)

Do something nice for yourself man. Travel, personal hobbies you never got to try or gave up in the past, lounge and binge whatever. And let yourself grieve however you want about getting dumped.

get a new gf who wants to get married and have kdis

Sounds like you don't even know what you want in life. Figure out yourself. Lay in bed for a few hours with your eyes shut and just introspect. After you know what you want in general, then everything else will fall into place.

>gf who wants to get married and have kdis
This is what she wanted in the first place, more than I did. She dumped me to focus on school, and I guess her vision changed.

I think I know what I want, but regardless I think this would be a good idea. It's not often I leave myself alone like that, and I often become sad when I'm like that. I've got something to work out. I also plan on going to a therapist or something though.

I use fluval stratum for my planted tanks. I heard amazonia works well too

Assuming you're right; assuming you do know what you want in life and you got that part figured out....

Push your comfort zone. It's a lifelong struggle; but there's this uncomfortable edge of what feels comfortable for you. You need to always be pushing against that edge.

If you throw someone in water, they drown; if you never swim, you die via not living; but if you push what's comfortable then eventually you'll learn how to swim...

>You need to always be pushing against that edge.
I 100% agree with that. The thing is, that I have followed this advice before to a good effect. I pushed it hard and consistently, and now I have trouble finding where the edge is.
What I think it is right now is my career, living situation, and maybe travelling. I am working on my career (and in turn, living situation) as well as some things to make me happier at home right now, though. Previously I think I used travelling as my dream as an excuse to run away from the home I'm not happy in.
This is something a bit in the air for me now.
>do I want to live across the world in the place I interned?
Less money and career opportunities, but exciting and easier to make friends. My old friends are also nearby there.
>do I want to stay home?
More money and career opportunities, but lonely
I have tended to lean towards more towards staying home since my ex wanted to settle here, and I do want to live a fulfilling career. But god damn I love every second of living where I interned.

What I was wanting was Flourite Black substrate for a section with rooted plants, separate from the rest of the tank with some safe sand I have.

Attached: x176i1ohuac21.jpg (640x640, 112K)

You need to really shake yourself up. Those goals are too accomplishable, do something that makes you nervous.

Maybe I didn't even know what dreams are?
>travel and live around working off of computer (original dream, but maybe too much work and stress for me to enjoy at this point)
>live across the world in the place I interned (makes me nervous, not as much income to save for retirement)
>stay consistent contacting dream companies for a position
>quit job and make video games

I would suggest buying property in a scenic place, and building your ideal home there. Not only will it keep you busy in building, designing, and decorating, it will provide something in terms of value if you choose to not live there. Either rent it out or sell it for profit, at which point you'll either have more income or all of your money back, plus some.

lots of land to grow weed on.

A senior dog, they are always nice.