How do you sleep with your signifcant other...

How do you sleep with your signifcant other? My wife is upset that I cannot hold her and fall asleep since I can only sleep comfortably when my body is laying strait. Am I the only one?

She tries to put her arm on my chest but it feels heavy and bothers my sleep. We have sex every night however after blowing her back out and then trying to sleep last night, we had an massive argument and started throwing glass cups at each other and screaming and yelling. She states that she can’t live like this anymore while I tell her I need to fucking sleep. This is actually hurting our relationship since she can’t accept my sleep pattern. She wants therapy but I already send her family as a good husband gift 1k per month and I spoken to my in-laws (her parents) and they tell me she’s crazy and doesn’t mean that. I am very close to my father in law. What do I do?

Attached: 32DEB82D-F793-4E1A-8ABE-2C82658D4E8C.jpg (1908x1146, 253K)

If she's that upset because she can't sleep with you how she wants, she has some serious issues.
If you're married, and each one of you have your own lives (as in, friends, job, etc), that should be the LEAST of your worries, especially if you have sex every night.
I would recommend seeking therapy indeed.
For her, that is.
Not to sound like a jackass either, though. This just doesn't seem normal.

I cuddle up with my gf for like 10-20min and then I crawl up into a ball away from her. Can’t do the sleeping next to people. She gets it, people are different.

Dude I told her again and we got into a fight she started to cry and now I’m downstairs drinking alone.

Attached: BB462272-64C7-4CBE-8C45-E587682286AD.jpg (1000x620, 69K)

I do the same exact thing. She read like a dailymail article on how “your partners position during sleep matters during a relationship” I blame short articles like these.

Jesus.
It seems to me that she's extremely sensitive, in which case of might be very hard to come to a common ground on this situation.
It's a very concerning and difficult topic, but you should try to understand why she cares for it so much, and why she's trying to push it so hard

This is a very non-issue. So I would definitely suggest therapy. Or camping. A different environment when sleep is survival is a good mind opener.

She says at least wait until she falls asleep first but dude that could take hours and I hate staring at a ceiling while waiting for someone to fall asleep. This shit very painful.

Attached: 27B4DE1E-D651-4A97-9E4D-850B85E9D352.jpg (278x182, 7K)

I always hated how laying sideways my arm is wedged in a awkward way.
What I did was push it under my pillow.
I think sleeping naked is more comfortable when her and I are skin on skin.

Brush her hair back with your hand, comfort her as she’s falling asleep so she’ll relax quicker. There’s always a solution.

The solution isn’t encouraging her bad behavior you cuck.

Yeah that's a big no, at least in my book. She should see how troublesome this is for you and let it go. I don't really know what else to say, honestly.
I do agree with though. Camping might be a great help.

I had a gf that was very needy. And I took her to a 3rd world country and that helped her feel strong and more independent. Camping works too. Just dont tell them that there is an ulterior motive for them to become stronger (physically and mentally) and you’ll be fine. It’s kind of sad you sometimes have to treat women like children. But that’s life.

Did you guys get married last week? By now she should’ve noticed that you sleep straight and only straight. Fuck her good and tell you’re sorry. Lay next to her and once she falls asleep lay flat like you always do.

I have the same problem, though it hasn't led to fighting. I do feel vaguely guilty because I am literally turning my back on her after making love.

Is it extreme to walk out of this marriage due to this?

My husband and I touch each other. Even something as small as hand holding or stuff like that, but we touch each other all night.

>throwing glass cups

I'm surprised no one said shit about this. How you sleep can be a sensitive topic, especially if intimacy in other areas is lacking (not just sex, physical touch in general) but that level of fighting means your marriage has deeper issues. Couples counseling or divorce, dude. That's a red flag.

that is a very good rum

back to OP
sleeping, as with many things is a solitary act
touching, especially skin to skin, is stimulating directly conflicts with the need for the body to relax enough to drift into sleep,
it sounds like she has fetishised the idea of a couple that sleeps cuddled which is displayed often in all sorts of media

also
>She wants therapy
>her parents tell me she's crazy and doesn't mean it
look at what you just wrote
CONSIDER THERAPY
her parents may be good people but even then familial relationships can easily develop negative codependent behaviors and that is what that sounds like

good luck

>arm on chest
>feels heavy
hit thd gym and/or stop dating fatties

It's not natural to fall asleep while some1 is ontop of your arm. We usually snuggle until we are almost asleep, then turn around but touch butts.

This is wild because almost everything you've described sounds exactly like my girlfriend of 4.5 years. I'm not sure what to do. The sleeping on top of me part is one thing but my gf can hardly go to the fucking bathroom alone. I have to be with her all the time or she gets mad. If I get up to get a snack or take a piss she immediately snaps, "Where are you going?"

I think women just need to be in complete control of their partners sometimes out of insecurity. Do you flirt with other women or have close female friends?

I'm a girl and my husband likes to hug me and such but I can't sleep like that and have to turn around continually as I get uncomfortable in one position for too long.
He moans sometimes but he doesn't make it a big deal thankfully.

They just don't get it I guess.

Separate blankets. Sometimes I will move to the couch because his body heat is like a fucking space heater and his snoring wakes me up. Ideally we'd have a king size bed or two separate beds side-by-side like Bert and Ernie, would be comfy. All we can fit/afford is a queen size atm, though. People that get pissy over their SO's sleeping/showering habits because it doesn't cater to their wittle feewings are emotionally stunted babbies

>I'm a girl
>my husband
child bride? hot

Thanks guys. We talked it over and made amends. I’m going to put into some effor and not be selfish. Not on a do therapy since I don’t want to to. Gonna wait until she falls asleep then see.

>girlfriend has 3 doggos
>Friends say sleeping with dogs on the bed is "THE BEST OH MY GOD I CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT THEM"
>Its actually the worst thing ever

I feel your pain friend

Glad you guys made up, but just for future reference it's almost never really about whatever stupid thing you're arguing about at that exact moment - it's usually just a locus around which other issues in the relationship gather and explode. It could be that your wife feels like you're not paying attention to her or that you've become more cold towards her and it might entirely in her head or partially true.

Another example might be when a couple explodes into a shouting matching over mopping the floor or taking out the trash: at the end of the day the act of taking out the trash or housecleaning is pretty small peanuts (after all you've likely done it many times without much though or incident), but the moment when that act comes to represent some repressed resentment or frustration is when it becomes a nuclear subject.

>we had an massive argument and started throwing glass cups at each other and screaming and yelling.
Um, this is the real fucking problem, not anything to do with sleep

No conflict whatsoever should involve throwing glassware.

Depends on what you see as a girl, pervert.

I never said I'm underage.

Then you're a woman

this is why me and my wife sleep in 2 different beds

I was about to mention that too, who gives a shit about their hissy fit argument, these are two grown adults who settle things by having a temper tantrum and throwing shit at each other. Someone is going to get physically hurt bad and then there's no going back from there.

>Am I the only one?
no. this issue is ages old. She has to grow up and deal with reality which is not a fairy tale.

Whoa, this whole glass-cup throwing thing is NOT coming from night time snuggles, OP. There's layers of something wrong here and you gotta talk with her and peel those onion layers back and figure out wtf is really going on.