Can I sue a girl for standing me up on a date?

Can I sue a girl for standing me up on a date?

I met this girl through a mutual friend and we were talking about a music for a bit. She told me she really likes Taking Back Sunday, I don't mind them and I knew they were going to be in town soon. I offered to buy two tickets if she'll go with me. She said yes, on the condition that I pick her up.

Day of the concert comes, I go to her apartment, no one answers, she fucking ghosts me. I call her the next day and she just fucking tells me she changed her mind and doesn't want to go.

I spent fucking $100 on this band I only mildly like and was too embarrassed to go by myself cause who fucking does that? Can I sue this bitch for the $50 I spent on her ticket?

FL, USA if it matters.

Attached: Thinking 7.png (255x280, 113K)

I mean, no. But even if you could, it would cost more than $100 to sue her anyway. Just realize she’s a cunt and move on. Fuck her

Isn't it a verbal/oral contract since she agreed to go?

doesn't really mean shit without witnesses.
she isn't worth any of your time, even if that time involves litigation

Kek, she definitely thought you were just being a really cool dude at first, told her friends, who correctly informed her you probably thought it was a date, and she intelligently backed out.

Maybe you could do it through small claims court, but you'll probably be laughed out of there. I'd just call that money gone.

You really are pathetic aren't you? Go ahead, take her to court. You'll be laughed out of there and anyone who knows this girl will forever refer to you only as "that scary creep who tried to sue someone for missing a date". Be ready for your entire social circle to be wary leaving you around girls alone in confined spaces from now on though.

Attached: 1507583956437.jpg (376x376, 34K)

I hope you learned your lesson about trying to buy a woman’s affection

Fuck yall. $50 is $50. She entered a verbal contract. I'm getting my fucking money.

yeah you do that user
tell us how it goes

tell us what you're gonna title the thread so I can look it up in the catalog

kek have fun having to pay another $100 to file with a court

it'll be worth it to see that smug bitch when I sue $500 extra for emotional trauma

>florida man sues woman for flaking on a date

Enjoy your ruined life user. You'll get no money, no satisfaction, a reputation in tatters, and possibly even become a famous meme as "the incel who sued a girl for dumping him"

Ok this is bait. No one is stupid enough to believe they could successfully sue for this.

memes really do write themselves
I believe in you user. get a good lawyer (spend a lot of money) and you'll be fine

OP's just trying to get you fags to do his homework. I've had this question before in one of my entry legal classes.

>Pat tells Chris that an exciting concert is coming to town, and he will spend $40 a ticket if Chris will go to the concert with him. Chris is excited, and she tells Pat that she will attend the concert with him and that he can pick her up at her place at eight o’clock the evening of the concert. Pat goes to pick Chris up and finds no one at home. Too embarrassed to attend the concert by himself, he goes home. Worried that something may have happened to Chris, he tries to reach her by telephone. The following day, he contacts her and she informs him that she changed her mind; she did not want to go to the concert with him and did not feel it was necessary to call. Pat becomes very emotionally upset over the rejection. Two days later, he files a lawsuit against Chris for $80 in damages for the two unused tickets to the concert and $500 for his emotional trauma. How would the case be decided?

fuck you

you had some good bait but you’re trying too hard

okay so what's the answer

It's a gift, Pat ain't gettin shit

lame.
but good eye for recognizing OP's ruse.

stop acting like a cuck

Keep us posted user, I'm keen to know how this turns out

Attached: 1538346504599.png (454x416, 138K)

Punch her in the mouth. It's the only way some of them learn.

Oral contracts are barely if ever enforceable. They're worth dogshit

Name and shame her on your social circles.

Imagine spending money on women kek. You're only doing it right if they initiate and spend their money on whatever you guys do

Whew, the girl trusted her gut and didn't go with you. And you guys wonder why we are frightened by you. She made an error, hopefully non lethal, by letting you know where she lives.

>and you guys wonder why we are frightened by you
>M-muh rape and kidnap
There were probably atleast one hundred people going to that concert you condescending bitch. And also many other options of geting a ride, if she has a job. It's not hard to just put on your big girl pants, stop making excuses like you're some defenseless child, and just say no before hand. That's all it takes. Stop making excuses for that piece of shit making someone waste 100 dollars you worhless whore.

Attached: 1553101040303.jpg (717x717, 66K)

>I offered to buy two tickets if she'll go with me.
This is where you fucked up bro.

To be clear, the girl in question is a stupid cunt for not showing up to a date you invested money in beforehand.

But when it comes to first dates, i'm a big believer in the rule that you should never invest anything over 15 or so bucks. I'm opposed to spending 100 dollars on some random chick and even if you do decide to go to a concert as a date, the costs should be split evenly. Given that you spend this much money on her, she probably already classified you as a loser.