What are good conversation topics and ways to start a conversation after you've spoken to someone for a while?

what are good conversation topics and ways to start a conversation after you've spoken to someone for a while?

I already know about their family, occupation, hobbies and dreams. asked them about food, movies too.

Attached: 745643213.jpg (720x960, 91K)

so ... \thing in news yesterday\ ?

anything else? what do normal people talk about with the friends? or people in relationships for a long time talk about?

Attached: 19693382_867007000120175_8270665658286587392_o.jpg (660x990, 74K)

Talk about their interists. Girls love to talk about things they like, and the more they talk to you, the more they end up liking you.

"What do you have planned for today?"
"How's your day going today?"
"So how was your day?"
"What do you have planned for tomorrow?"

It's not rocket science.

wow someone with a good advice

thanks.
i've already talked about her interests a lot.. should i keep asking about them?

thanks
i can try some of that. i usually do "how's it going?" as my go to question. but i just get a "good, you?" back

Attached: 63484123.jpg (1080x922, 507K)

>should I keep asking about them?
watch out so you don't become a friend, start making jokes and touch her, become more sexual with her

>start making jokes
how do i do this if i've never done this before (with guys or girls)? how do i learn?

You learn about them by asking them questions and using these questions as a springboard to have discussions and draw in their attachment to you by using it to show your personality and growing comfort with them. After they have an idea of who you are or are intrigued enough about you, they'll probably engage you and from there the relationship becomes organic more than a case of "how do I start up a conversation or achieve these ends?". The difficulty is in keeping yourself out of the friendzone and finding an intuitive understanding of mingling banter, flirting and normal discussion in a way that doesn't come off as off-putting, awkward, desperate, stilted, or pre-packaged. This is where the meme "be yourself" comes from, because if you can find it in yourself to be genuine and honest, these aforementioned negative possibilities won't come to you and will only appear outside of yourself in other people.

thanks

>The difficulty is in keeping yourself out of the friendzone and finding an intuitive understanding of mingling banter, flirting and normal discussion in a way that doesn't come off as off-putting, awkward, desperate, stilted, or pre-packaged.
how do i do this? i feel i'm always awkward and off-putting, which is why i don't have any friends

new people that try to talk to me, soon stop when they realize i'm awkward

"What's new with [someone or something you talked about before]?"

Dont just ask them what's going on in their lives. Talk about your own life. Tell some small stories about what happened to you, even make a few things up to make it more interesting if you want.

depends where you are at, use that as a convo starter.

>Talk about your own life. Tell some small stories about what happened to you, even make a few things up to make it more interesting if you want.
The thing is, nothing happens in my life

>overhear coworkers talking
>they actually do things with friends
>grab drinks with friends, go to a club or party
>get tickets to live sports events and go with friends
>Go to new restaurant with friends, watch a movie
>Almost summer, everyone has weddings and bachelor parties that I know they will talk about
I have no friends, and spend most of my free time alone at home

Attached: yzne4tfklwj21.jpg (474x592, 42K)

I personally hate to be asked how it’s going or what have you been up to... That’s tossing the ball in her court and making her do all the work. Talk about a new song you like or a movie you want to see or have seen.

>Canada guy

Can you just go back to Jow Forums with these threads or just stop in general? You never take advice and you just go through the same braincel loop over and over again. Talk to your therapist.

Talk to more people and find the source of your fear and discomfort and work on it.

Thanks

I can try doing that.. but what if they don't care? They'd think, "why are they talking to me?"

Attached: ah6k9aemy7k21.jpg (1080x1098, 81K)

bro look up tyler from rsd

Not previous poster, but a lot of the learning-process is (unfortunately) trial and error.

You could start by lightly tapping their hand or arm (assuming you're sitting across form them), and then see how they react.

If they start touching you back it's a very good sign, and if they pull their hand back it's a pretty clear sign they don't want it happening again.

Most important thing is that you start practicing, as it takes some time before it becomes "natural" both to you - and by extension - the people you are touching.

Good touch-game is also pretty important if you want to make signs that you might be interested in "getting physical" with the person, as it is both a very expressive way of showing confidence as well as not being afraid to break certain intimate barriers.

It might not necessarily be sex you're after, but if it is then know that things rarely goes from talking to the bedroom without any touching in between to signal you are comfortable with touching each others bodies.

when do i start touching? and how do i make it not awkward?

i can't even make a girl laugh. even the ones that laugh all the time (I work with grills that are almost constantly laughing at anything that other guys say)

>touch stuff
This is terrible advice. Especially if you're planning on doing it in a workplace environment. Limit your physical contact at work to neutral gestures like high-fives or fist bumps or risk getting a talk from HR. Be prepared to also high-five the other people around you, or it'll quickly become obvious you're just trying to touch this one coworker.

Attached: download.jpg (1160x773, 205K)

This

>i can't even make a girl laugh. even the ones that laugh all the time (I work with grills that are almost constantly laughing at anything that other guys say)
bump

>some girls laugh all the time at things guys say
>some girls say things like "Stop" playfully at something a guy said
what do i say to get the same reaction?

Attached: 22802878_1120968971374098_2986634843623784448_n.jpg (1080x1080, 924K)

Tbqh, I don't see people touching each other at work

This, but if you're pursuing a girl romantically, you should not be afraid to make your intentions known

I honestly don't know. If the convo hasn't naturally progressed beyond
> family, occupation, hobbies and dreams. asked them about food, movies too.
Then the friendship probably isn't going anywhere. Try doing something intuitive, a bit random, and see if they follow along.

If you absolutely need to get on good terms with them, take some advice from a high functioning sociopath and read How to Win Friends and Influence People. Essentially, let them talk about their lives, their problems, and they'll think you're the most interesting person in the world

>hasn't naturally progressed beyond
where should the conversation progress to? i lack social skills in general

>talk about their lives, their problems
what specifically about this? i know a bit about their lives

Attached: 30077299_380588655754708_5740293283674849280_n.jpg (1080x1078, 101K)

>where should the conversation progress to?
(not him) To some place where you and her are alone and with no risk of outside interference.
If you don't make your move you'll be friendzoned soon. Girls like when you make things happen. If you are "just the guy that talks" the interest will fade.

Attached: circusbike.webm (640x360, 1.91M)

damn. i think i'm "nothing-zoned", she hasn't spoken to me in a while, and i haven't reached out to her

i actually see her with other coworker guys all the time. like planning on doing things after work, and it hurts.

i wonder if she's slept with any coworkers ;_;