Child walking alone

My ex wife refuses to let our daughter walk three blocks and around the corner to my home by herself. I think my ex is being completely unreasonable and a total helicopter parent. It’s about a 5-10 minute walk and she is paranoid about kidnapping and stray dogs. I think 10 is old enough for my daughter to have some independence. I have only been seeing her about once every five weeks. I told my ex it is her fault I am not seeing her and if she wants me to see my daughter more she has to change her mind but she is still being stubborn about it. How can I get her to stop being so overprotective?

Attached: F1772DD6-888F-4619-9462-075E3B611A66.jpg (289x450, 12K)

Why can't you just pick her up? Three blocks is what a two minute car ride? You can't spend four minutes to go see your daughter? Sounds like your fault you haven't seen her.
I'm an adult woman and I've almost been abducted. I was so lucky some other guy walked by and decided to intervene. Men are just so much stronger.
Men watch women. Notice routines. Find out when they're alone. You can be in the safest place and still something could happen.

I agree that ten is old enough.are you both too cunty to figure a compromise? Like can you walk two blocks and be in the line of sight or are you paralyzed and your ex doesn't even want to look at you? Would a can of mace, an air horn and a pocket knife make things any different? There is no right or wrong here a "no" has more authority than a "yes." Im on your team and all but are things uglier than need be?

I can’t drive because of my eyesight. My ex will let me see her pretty much whenever if I walk her both ways. I just think she is being ridiculous.

I told her there is a greater risk of a car accident driving her here than there is of her being kidnapped. Even the FBI agrees with me

Tell your ex wife that her helicopter parenting is going to inflict anxiety into your child.
If you live ina decent neighborhood and the cops station is within 5 minutes. There is a highly unlikely chance she will be abducted.
-sourced by an extremely attractive woman that used to be an extremely attractive child that could walk 20 minutes and get dinner or groceries unscathed.

If I tell her that she just goes on about the neighbor’s pit bulls that are out all the time off leash. I told her then she needs to talk to the neighbors. That’s a problem with them not me

Why is she not reporting that if it concerns her?
Classic Helicopter excuses to make your child into an anxious mess.

I mean 20 minutes of walking and half of that with your daughter doesn't sound to bad. You gonna take your ex to court? Didn't think so stfu and walk bitch

She says she can’t control the neighbors choices only her own... she has also checked the sex offender registry in our neighborhood and brings that up too

Attached: how-children-lost-the-right-to-roam-map.jpg (468x518, 142K)

You can't expect a bitch to make since. And a no is stronger than a yes. She is the mother. Deal. If she really wanted to do something you really didn't want. You really won't like it either. It doesn't matter that you make decisions based on logic. You're too blind to walk a couple blocks in two minutes. I might be missing something but you're sounding like a bitch.

I just drove an hour there and back just to get some pussy I dont think walking for 20 minutes is worth getting remotely upset about to see your daughter. This might be a soft spot for me because my parents split and did this kinda shit to one another but word of advice never be the parent that bitches about the other and your child will remember that you walked every weekend to see them with a smile on your face while her mother said some snarky ass shit.

Sorry, you wanted to be strong and independent. My hands are tied, Sally.

>Rotherham
Can't imagine why!

I don’t think she talks shit about me to my daughter... she is uber professional...was a teacher for years. But she has pulled this bullshit before once when my daughter was 5 and I went across the street to get coffee with my girlfriend... my daughter didn’t want to go so I left her with my phone at the beach while I went with my girlfriend...she wouldn’t let me see her without someone else there for a long time after that. I am just getting sick of her unreasonable bullshit

>extremely attractive woman
but you're overweight

5 years old definitely too young to be alone in public without any type of supervision. Idk man I really dont see what the problem here is if you think she's a good mom and u can see your kid whenever you want what the fuck do you want to change. Eventually your kid will drive themselves to your house this issue is petty

She’s the one setting the restrictions not me and then she has the nerve to tell me she doesn’t think I am that interested in parenting

Because if you are interested in being a parent to your daughter then you wouldn't just be making excuses for why you couldn't walk just 20 mins a day to be able to see her, stop being a bitch, get off Jow Forums, off your lazy fucking ass and go see your daughter.

Attached: 1541760624089.png (500x478, 114K)

*5-10 minute walk...
I smell deadbeat but don't be that guy op

Why don’t you walk with her? Lazy ass. 10 is very young, if some dude approached her she’d probably freeze up. Get her self defense classes since you’re so determined to leave her alone

10-20 minutes because of course you're gonna walk back WITH the daughter when it's time for them to go home to the mother

It’s not about the time. It’s the principles. She is going to ruin her with the helicopter parenting

I agree that its not good to raise a child to live in constant fear because thats no way to live even with the chance of something going wrong, but 10 is still pretty young. I don’t think she’s being unreasonable