Why do guys treat me like a child? I almost never speak up now because I know that I'll say something retarded...

Why do guys treat me like a child? I almost never speak up now because I know that I'll say something retarded. Yes I am socially awkward and I know I have social anxiety and it is difficult to make friends. I have been starting to believe that I might have autism too because of it. I wish I could get a bf but I think that I'm retarded and I don't deserve it it seems. Are girls like me whom are socially awkward any attractive or are they just bully mateiral?

Attached: 5zdzFcBcrbnYLs3CUyho0GNhbRo2Ljcpm1Xal3R_z44-kmIivPGc-saJuc9PXPwjvrTEyODEVBfOM82-RaKkvR9D-5tLwad5On45 (500x699, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder
usnews.com/news/health-care-news/articles/2018-05-01/study-many-americans-report-feeling-lonely-younger-generations-more-so
youtube.com/watch?v=JuUZiPh-h7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Are girls like me whom are socially awkward any attractive or are they just bully mateiral?
Girls, yes. Trannies, no.

Then why do I feel like I'm being treated like a retarded child... where do I find guys that aren't passive aggressive bullies..

Look, if you aren't white or Asian, relatively skinny and short, it's a physical attraction problem. Men don't care how dumb a girl is. The only thing we care about is what you look like naked.

There's also the obvious border between if it's actual bullying or playful teasing.

Youre just projecting.

I'd say shy/quiet girls are the cutest/fun. It's always fun to crack them out of the shell and get them to socially interact with you and help make them friends.

Be my bf?

>Why do guys treat me like a child?
because
>I am socially awkward and I know I have social anxiety and it is difficult to make friends

They probably don't mean you any harm and are just teasing by treating you like a child.
You act like a doofus, and you've established yourself as this "cute, funny, socially awkward person".
No harm done as long as you don't let it get into you.

It's perfectly fine to be a bit on the slow side socially. It leads to many funny situations where laughs are to be had.
You're a valuable person - socially awkward or not. Believe it or not - it's not a negative trait.

So don't let it get into you and don't lower your standards for a bf because of this.

How old are you and how old are they?

They might be flirting. You might be cute when you are flustered. So they make you flustered so they can look at you being cute. Or they want your attention but don't want it to be obvious just in case you aren't interested, so they are feeling you out by picking on you.

Or maybe you say dumb shit and they are treating you like a guy and giving you shit for saying dumb shit.

Know this though, you have a fundamentally different emotional experience than a man. If a man gets picked on, he sees it as a challenge. He either gets angry or wants to get revenge by picking back. They are unlikely to react with fear or anxiety like a woman. So they might not realize how you feel about this.

Men also only want a woman with confidence.

You would be a burden, something that needs care and consideration.

I bet you still eat what mommy makes for dinner. What is tonight, her nasty pot roast with instant potatoes and canned green beans?

I have a better question: why do girls reject nice guys like me and instead go for jerks who will hurt them? :/

how are you retarded?

I am 22 years old and I always feel like i am disrupting the peace or something. Nobody ever tells me about this but I feel it, I feel like I'm just doing a bad thing by attempting to socialize. I used to be very quiet and I was told that I was too quiet and no guy would pick me up if I was like that. Then I tried to change myself by trying to say what I had on my mind, but apparently it isn't working out so well, I feel like I'm just creating enemies or people that want to avoid me. I try to joke and be funny but my jokes are not funny enough and just seem like offending. I don't know, I feel like something is wrong with me. I'll never find someone that loves me.

I am not sure. What do you mean by nice and what do you mean by jerk

Read one sentence. Because you are an obnoxious attention whore cunt occupying a legitimate advice forum with the most useless issue of all time. Fuck you whore.

>I always feel like i am disrupting the peace or something. Nobody ever tells me about this but I feel it, I feel like I'm just doing a bad thing by attempting to socialize
Sounds like a word-by-word the definition of social anxiety. Sprinkled with a bit of persecution complex.

>I was told that I was too quiet and no guy would pick me up if I was like that
By whom?

>apparently it isn't working out so well
Give yourself more time. Rome wasn't built overnight.

>I feel like I'm just creating enemies or people that want to avoid me
It's just social anxiety talking. You aren't creating any enemies and most likely nobody wants to avoid you either. Don't let it get into you.

>I feel like something is wrong with me
There is. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

>I'll never find someone that loves me.
Now that's jumping to conclusions.

Do you want a to talk about this? Do you know what's a discord?

Yes I do have a discord. I realize that I have social anxiety and I don't know what to do about it. Everything I do seems to worsen it. And I've been told by everyone that I'm quiet, my mom, my friends, but specially my mom

Add me at your leisure. Pic related at #6095.
Going to sleep now. But we can talk tomorrow.

Attached: z.png (48x40, 6K)

What age group are we talking? If it's anything younger than the second half of college, most guys still haven't grown out of the "tease the girl I like to get her to notice me" phase. Or they'll call it banter, but it's the same concept.

They're not comfortable displaying their attraction so they treat you like one of the bros, and being one of the bros means being part of the competition hierarchy instead of being put on a pedestal.

Girls being awkward or embarrased is super attractive to a lot of guys though. It puts them at ease about their own nervousness about being the ones that society expects to initiate everything in a relationship. See: Tomoko, Komi, any number of the other "relatable" waifus.

>Men also only want a woman with confidence.

this is crap. There is a man for every woman. She might not find that guy attractive, but some guy thinks every woman is hot. Every single one of them. Might be a disgusting basement dweller, but some dude finds "you" hot.

What do you look like, Anonnete? Are you tiny?

can you read faces? Do you have trouble getting jokes when you watch comedians? If so, you might have autism. If you don't have trouble reading faces, you might have social anxiety or depression.

Look, guys don't care if you're depressed. Or have no friends. Or if you're boring. Or whatever. Guys care if you're attractive and how you treat them. That is literally the only two things they care about. Do they like to look at you, and do you treat them well.

You don't even have to be hot. Just like, not disgusting or fat. And some dudes will even go after disgusting fat girls.

So really, put some effort into being healthy, put together some ok outfits, and you'll be fine. When you get a guy, be nice to him. Ask him questions. Remember what he says. Maybe learn about his interests. Talk to him about them.

Men are really fucking simple. Seriously.

There is whole spectrum of personalities. If all men you met so far treated you in a way you dont agree with, THINK really hard about WHAT THEY ALL HAD IN COMMON. Where you met them and so on.

And then do something different to meet / attract different men. Simple.

Ah, I didn't see that you're 22.
Here's my advice as a guy who's gone through something similar (24 now, but when I was in my early 20s my social circle was tiny)
Never give up.
Here's some numbers to back up the cllaim, but just from my own experience, the majority of people want to meet new people and be more social, but they either don't know how or aren't comfortable putting themselves out there.
usnews.com/news/health-care-news/articles/2018-05-01/study-many-americans-report-feeling-lonely-younger-generations-more-so

Socializing is a lot of leg work. It takes time and energy and a willingness to put yourself out into the world instead of staying in the safety of one's comfort zone. If it were easy, everyone would do it, but it's not, so there's a lot of lonely people in the world. Keep your chin up, and try to keep a positive attitude. People want to be around positive people and don't enjoy the company of negative people, so try to elevate the people around you instead of wallowing in your own negativity and low-self esteem. Helping people around you is amazingly good for feeling good about yourself, so try pursuing some volunteer options. You might even meet someone nice there.

youtube.com/watch?v=JuUZiPh-h7c

>>/soc/
Or better yet, take my advice above and go out and meet people irl instead of pursuing something online that will only be unfulfilling.

Attached: Never Give Up.png (768x408, 109K)

I wish some girls actually used this technique to show interest in me. The few girls who treated me well, in the end told me I "misunderstood their feelings" and that they "just like me as a friend"

dumb racist

>pursuing something online
I'm here to help, not pursue anything. Decided I'd do a better job by interacting directly.

OP didn't share this sentiment and that's fine.
I understand that it's hard to leave the shelter of anonymity and I respect that.

P.S. to link to different boards use triple arrows