Why does no one seem to care about the impending climate apocalypse...

Why does no one seem to care about the impending climate apocalypse? Every reputable scientists' report tells us that we have at best 30 years, and at worst about 10, before climate change goes so far out of control that it will cause the collapse of society as we know it and most likely the extinction of the human race. Why does no one care about this? Why is everyone just going about their lives as if nothing is wrong? Am I insane, or is everyone else insane?

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.lifeworth.com/deepadaptation.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiF_NjrlvbjAhXL_CoKHaU3DPIQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0HcsRc03ji4zq6mnBgN-TY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Since 1880, the global temperature only rose for about 1.9°F. I don't see how this announces our impending doom in 10 years.

Nobody can stop it now, it's too late. Caring is a waste of energy.

But why does no one even bat an eyelid? People should be crying, bursting into tears in the streets, being hysterical. We're ALL going to die. Humanity has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and we are all just waiting to die. Why does no one care?!

That's not how the brain works. We only react to threats we can personally perceive.

People do care, what are you talking about?

why would you want that?

I’m with you, OP, it really does feel absurd at times. Idiots spouting bullshit like this don’t help. Neither do people who feel this apathetic .

Personally I think it will take real Western catastrophe and a tangible sense of loss before the message really hits home. I figure it’s like a relationship where partner A habitually takes partner B for granted, not believing that B will actually leave them until they wake up and there’s a note on the fridge. As a rule, people don’t really act until they absolutely have to.

Of course, this is a far more complex issue than my psychological analogy suggests. The power of big business plays a part. As does right wing climate denial.

This is your brain under the jewish media.

this is you being a faggot

Lots of people that care and work actively to change the outcome. It’s just too little, too late. We just have to brace ourselves for what’s to come and hope we can deal.
Personally i got my own little self-sustainable little patch of land in the best anticipated place to live for the foreseeable future, but I can’t really know if it’s enough. Or needed.

I’m sorry you feel powerless to exert control over your life, but clutching at conspiratorial straws in order to feel superior is not a long-term solution.

What’s more absurd? Believing that significant human development and expansion over the last c. 150 years has lead to increasing amounts of pollutants in the atmosphere? Or that a complex, multifaceted world made up of 7.5bn individuals are being coerced into collective delusion by a secretive handful of evil masterminds?

Please learn to think critically. You’re consigning us all to oblivion on the back of an inane fantasy.

>I’ll survive
>fuck the rest of you

Nobody bats an eye cuz there's been the same song and dance for so long, and some people don't feel the changes. Also some people on the extreme side want to push extreme policies, such as:
forced electric cars, which will need more battery resources which will be mined with machines that use coal. look into how much recycling takes to do for some of the same info.

the green new deal which will basically tank the economy and not be sustainable because renewable isn't always active.

the scare of nuclear power even though the only reason things like Chernobyl of Fukushima happened was because of improper procedures. If there wasn't such a scare, nuclear would be the best resource we have to use for power right now.

There's people who genuinely care about the environment, and there's people who think they do without looking at how much it takes to do what they think is environmentally friendly.

also as an addendum, even if one place gets it shit together, who says that places like china or india will?

remember that paris climate thingy dingy? well it's just a bunch of places putting papers that say "oh yeah we'll do this" but it's never anything uniform. like china and a similar place want to just agree to reach peak emissions by 2030, even though people already said they were. No "oh we'll stop having emissions or lower them". No, it's they'll have peak emissions by 2030. That sounds like a lot of good change to me right??

>Also some people on the extreme side want to push extreme policies, such as:
forced electric cars

Your use of the word extreme is interesting. You could argue that a society virtually requiring every adult citizen outside of a few major cities owns a car is extreme. The sad reality is that we need extreme change; moderate change won’t cut it. Radical solutions are required.

Thats not what the reports say. Maybe you should sit down and actually read some before you panic. I suggest starting with the UN one and dive right into the data itself.

It's clearly a liberal conspiracy against hard working conservatives in an effort to advance the gay agenda. Wake up OP. But for real, yeah, this is extremely concerning.

>Idiots spouting bullshit like this don’t help
I mean that's LITERAL data. Instead of petty insult show me proof that we're going extinct in 10 years.

Just build battery powered resource miners and put solar hydro and wind powerstations everywhere.

wind power kills birds and because of the tree loss resulting from their constitution they actually hurt
since the early 90s they have been saying in 5 years it’ll be to late the. in 95 in 5 years it will be to late etc

There is a reputable paper called "Deep Adaptation" which predicts with good evidence that climate change will rapidly accelerate within the next 10 years and result in the total collapse of human society. Literal apocalypse scenario with millions dying, governments collapsing, Mad Max style post-apocalypse environment. I dont know why more people aren't talking about it.

Link it or post the data so I can prove you wrong.

Nvm, I found it: google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.lifeworth.com/deepadaptation.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiF_NjrlvbjAhXL_CoKHaU3DPIQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw0HcsRc03ji4zq6mnBgN-TY

>Every reputable scientists' report tells us that we have at best 30 years, and at worst about 10, before climate change goes so far out of control that it will cause the collapse of society as we know it and most likely the extinction of the human race.
Because they've been sayin the world is gonna end in 20 years for 40 years

I just read the paper itself and his apocalypse scenario is entirely predicated on massive methane release from sibera and the arctic. Everything else is troubling, but not apocalyptic, so Im going to ignore the rest for today. Following the methane leads his sources state plainly that they have no idea how much methane there is or how rapidly it may be released and they also state plainly that way more research must be done before concluding anything, including the possible ramifications of such a release.

In addition to that it must be said that the planet has been in warmer periods before, and will be again, so the methane time bomb would inevitably have gone off even without human activity.

>the world's going to end in 20 years!!!
(one year later)
>the world's going to end in 19 years!!!
(one year later)
>the world's going to end in 18 years!!!
(ad continuum)
Can you see why we don't care? lol

>Humanity has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and we are all just waiting to die
If you are right, we are already dead.
You see, what causes that terminal illness is also what we DEPEND ON for our very survival right now

>See what you did with your denial America
>America: I'm sorry I didn't know the scientists were more credible than my talk radio show
>Now you can try your best to fix the climate from now on
>America: ok what do I have to do
>first you have to stop eating burge-

and then America stopped listening

Why are zoomers so scared of something that doesn't exist?

>why are boomers so scared of something that doesn't exist

Attached: devil.jpg (1024x683, 105K)