I have a bit of a drinking problem and I want to cut back. I use alcohol to sleep and wind down after work...

I have a bit of a drinking problem and I want to cut back. I use alcohol to sleep and wind down after work. I chug big glasses of Vodka and wake up constantly hungover. It's doesn't affect my life that much but it's causing a lot of problems for my GF and I know it's not healthy. How do I fix this problem?

I don't think I'm an alcoholic because the only time I get drunk is after work to fall asleep. It's not something I do outside of that.

Attached: 1560716108579.jpg (960x949, 570K)

Diet or drink less

switch to weed

Can't

My diet is fine. I fast during the day and eat only dinner

>and two years and one abusive relationship later
eh, being an alcoholic doesn't necesarily mean having a physical dependence on alcohol but it also could mean making getting drunk an habit, so yeah you are a bit of an alcoholic (althought don't drink the bullshit "alcoholism is a disease" AA tells you as a dogma)

i went two years straight drinking half a liter of vodka every night, and my recomendations are:

1.- WORKOUT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, this is the most improtant part, even if it's just walking around for 30 minutes
2.- get your hands in some benzos (either xanax or klonopin should be good, althought i preffer xanax because it makes me feel like my entire body gets more relaxed), and a couple of OTC sleeping pills
3.- find something to replace drinking with, you don't get rid of addiction, you just switch it over (in my case, for example, i just started working out like mad and making music with a DAW)
4.- the first three days are the hardest since you have associated sleeping with going to sleep, and you are going to feel kinda weird, like when you don't take a shower before going to bed
5.- you will remember life is shit, for sure, but waking up with a hangover for the first time in who knows how long will feel like you were born again, trust me, this will be your best motivation
6.- if you can, get your hands on a little bit of ritalin or meth, this will completely kill your alcohol cravings while making your body rev up to the redline so you'll be x8 more productive (don't take any stimulant besides coffee if you don't have a benzo tho, it's not worth it), or simply drink a shit ton of coffee or energy drinks

now i drink once a month because man i fucking hate hangovers, so i keep it to 5 beers at most

good luck man, quiting alcohol is piss easy, unlike quitting nicotine

lol that greentext was from another thread, sorry
i meant
>I don't think I'm an alcoholic because the only time I get drunk is after work to fall asleep.

>associated sleeping with going to sleep
drinking*
sorry for phoneposting

It's simple, drink less. I went to AA and got tired of listening people complain all day about previously drinking all day? Like it's any fuckin different. It's discipline too, I mean shit dude you CAN drink as much as you want but not long after that you'll get sick and hopefully learn something. Currently I allow myself 40$ a month for alcohol, and cheap shit sucks (makes you feel bad) so that moderates itself. Live and learn dude, good luck. Again seriously fuck AA those people are losers

Stop buying the alcohol. That's the real kicker. Get it out of the house

Oh and to the people recommending other drugs- don't be a fucking retard the solution to a gambling problem isn't play a new game, fucking seriously? ESPECIALLY BENZOS HAHAHAHA yeah alky take xans have fun with the blackouts and seizures.

>Again seriously fuck AA those people are losers
AA is the worst thing to ever happen to alcoholics man, their philosophy is bullshit, they have this crab in the bucket mentality, and afaik they have a great % of people who never actually recover because they make people think they were born with some sort of bullshit curse

>yeah alky take xans have fun with the blackouts and seizures.
what the fuck do you mean you fucking retard?
have you ever taken any other shit besides weed?

2 years dude. I gave those people 2 years of my life. Don't get me wrong they helped me stay away from shit but doing nothing whatsoever isn't discipline and teaches you nothing about moderation. They just teach you to bottle up until you "relapse" and go to the hospital then come back for a white chip, rather than just have a damn beer every now and again

Are you being serious? Take a fistful of benzos right now and see what happens. You will black out, and if there's enough in your system the withdrawal will give you (potentially fatal) seizures. Dude seriously how do you not know this. NEVER mix benzos with alcohol

Thanks for the response. Problem is I used to load up on stims as well. Now I've subbed it for caffeine and only because I can't get Adderall anymore.

The inactivity at night after work, before sleep is brutal to get through sober. Always has been.

That's good, stims are a fucking stupid drug and totally useless for the application of drinking less- if anything the extra wakefulness might prompt you to drink more so you'll be able to feel it better. Man I really hope you'll be ok, I'm reeling right now at the thought of how difficult it must be to sift through all the 12yos here that don't have any experience with shit that are still out giving copypasta google advice

As far as that inactivity shame, be mindful. Ask yourself what are you doing? Is the objective sleep? Then inactivity is a good thing, any other thought or feeling is an illogical delusion.

exactly
that's why i always go and teach people how they can not only quit drinking but start drinking like a normal person again (without the ritalin or meth part of course, that's illegal so i only say that here)
you would be surprised how many people you would never think are actually alcoholics, and helping feels great when you see them being free from this "i can't" attitude
i have no problem with saying i'm an "alcoholic" because my brain and my body still work great, but i started doing this because my father is afraid of even eating a wined chocolate because he thinks he will start drinking every day again, but i can't convince him that that's shit retarded becasue of how many years he spent on AA

uhm, are you sure you are not confusing benzos with opiates? benzos are anticonvulsant, in fact they are given for alcohol withdrawals, and tramadol or stimulants (adderall, ritalin, meth) overdoses precisely to prevent seizures

the blackout part just happens when you more than your tolerance allows you (with no tolerance you will get very sleepy with just 2mg) but you can cut the pill in 8 parts and that's it
i'm telling you this because i do use benzos every once in a while, and i've taken up to 6mg just for experimental sake with no problem at all
althought the stimulants part must be risky if his core problem is an addictive personality
and no, benzos don't make you have withdrawals unless you've taken up to 6mg per day for years

>NEVER mix benzos with alcohol
that's obviously stupid, i didn't tell him to take benzos while drinking

>stims are a fucking stupid drug and totally useless for the application of drinking less
found the AA shill
stims are used as to make him feel pleasure from doing activities again, and to make him have the will and energy to do stuff he enjoys
where do you think the "alcoholics drink lots of coffee" meme?
maybe meth is TOO strong, but provigil and ritalin should be perfectly ok
kill yourself kid

yes you can

You're replying to the same person buddy. And sorry if you really think benzos don't cause blackouts or seizures then that's on you- and i have no interest talking to you. Only someone who's never abused benzos would say someyhing as stupid as "they don't cause memory loss" Maybe you're taking little baby doses or something.

Fasting until dinner sounds like the opposite of a good diet.

>Only someone who's never abused benzos would say someyhing as stupid as "they don't cause memory loss"
well yes retard i don't abuse benzos because they have no fucking recreative value nor i'm a nigger who tries to get high out of benzos
>Maybe you're taking little baby doses or something.
yes, i take 2mg at most because that's pretty much what i need for whatever situation
>And sorry if you really think benzos don't cause blackouts
yes, benzos cause blackouts if you take too fucking much of them, but that's not the point of benzos you fucking nigger, they are used to deal with anxiety, not to swallow the whole fucking bottle
>or seizures
you may have a seizure if you become physically dependent on them, just like with alcohol withdrawals, but it's highly unlikely if he's not a daily abuser
>and i have no interest talking to you
>hurr i know more than you because i took 10 valiums once in highschool
confirmed kid who thinks he won an argument by acting like a spoiled little bitch

shut up you piece mongoloid, at least google what you are going to say before coming out as a complete fucking retard
i'm trying to help a fellow who's going through the same shit as me and you come up with some baseless bullshit

> I fast during the day and eat only dinner

So? You could be fasting all day then eating a dinner of deep fried lard.