Suicide? Why not?

Why shouldn't I kill myself?

The only reason society doesn't want me to is because people don't like admitting the brutality of real life. They don't want to admit that life is harsh. Same reason people don't want to see what goes on inside a slaughterhouse (I'm not a vegetarian by the way, I eat meat every day, but it's still true that many meat eaters don't even want to see the gruesome shit that goes on inside a slaughterhouse).

But look, there's a reality to life. There's a reality that if you're nearly 30, like me, and you've been unemployed for nearly 5 years at this point, then you're not going to go anywhere. Even if I got back into a job, it's fucking pointless. No girl is ever gonna want to go out with a guy who did absolutely fuck all for nearly 5 years of his life. It doesn't add up. The biological logic is not there. Evolutionary logic dictates that women want to get with guys who are successful. I'm not saying this out of resentment, I don't resent nature, nature is the way it is. Nobody can change nature. But we need to look at nature and draw realistic conclusions. If success is no longer realistic then we have to realise that. Same reason that an 80 year old shouldn't set their sights on winning 100m sprint at the Olympics - it's not going to happen.

This is true, isn't it?

Attached: killing_oneself.png (650x400, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

emilkirkegaard.dk/en/?p=1999
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not reading everything you wrote, but I can explain the normies' aggression towards suicide. The first and easier part comes down to basic virtue signalling. They think dissuading suicide makes the look good even if no one is looking.
The Second part is slightly more complicated.
Basically, if they admitted life is hard and that some people are not equipped for it, this means they are admitting they are equipped for life and thus better. This is an issue for them because they hold that they did everything, that they "earned" it. But if they acknowledge some people actually do have it worse, they have to accept that their effort wasn't really all that necessary. They would have succeeded to some degree anyhow simply because they are equipped to live. It comes down to the pathological bootstraps mentality that is so pervasive today.
People don't like being reminded that they had an easy life. They don't have anything to gloat about if they are.

Then why don't you kill yourself already?

Because you have to forcefully end the biological functions of the body. If you don't do nothing and just lie and wait for death you will:
a) get hungry so you will go to eat something because impulse
b) get thirsty because same reason
c) need to take a piss/shit
d) you will get bored and you will snap out of it.
Body won't simply let you. It has its mechanisms.

Killing yourself actually takes effort because you have to plan stuff before hand. Thus however means you have a motivation to do something. But if you have a motivation for this, that means you have the motivation for anything.

So the problem here isn't the motivation. Society doesn't really give a shit about you because you are nobody and are posting on an anonymous board. All of the people are like you. That is how we are born. Clueless. We don't know what to do. One day we were born and they threw us in the water, told us to go swim or else we will drown. So naturally most swim for the shore. We have books which are just experiences of other people which just serve as a hint on how to survive. So it doesn't matter if the shore has nice house, or nice wife. You do it because you don't want to drown. Survival is the key.

Now you may reason what is the point, but that is something philosophy has been trying to figure out for more than 6 millennia because you can refer to the Kung-Zi (Confucius) words:
"Before the doors were unlocked. Neighbors children were my children. Everyone shared everything. But now, the doors are locked. Only my children are my own. We look for ourselves and everyone is egotistical." That is just a paraphrase.

There is more to this life, but for that you have to explore the meaning. You fucked up your life, but that doesn't mean that you cannot change. If philosophy interests you, just dedicate your life and find out more about every philosophical way you can find. You have to have a 360 degree feedback and not relying just on one side.

No, it isn't true.
What is true is that there's social judgement that asks you to have a job and a family by the age of 30 and if you don't, this social judgement tries to shame you into getting those things.
You need to understand that this whole process is a social one, not a natural one. This means it is sufficiently more complex, to the point that you can't say "I'm 30, it's all over for me now" without sounding ridiculous. A lot of people restart their lives at 30, at 40 or at 60 and get by just as well.

Now, I'm not saying the weight you feel will magically go away. I'm just saying that social judgement exists for itself, not for you. You need to judge your own life for yourself, not compared to some norm.

I'm considering it but any life decision needs deliberation before committing to it.

OP here, I'm sorry but I completely disagree, especially with this part:
>I'm just saying that social judgement exists for itself, not for you.
What benefit does society get from telling me that I "should" have a family by 30? Other people don't benefit. It would benefit other people if I died. More resources for them. Less competition for jobs, women, whatever.

The reason your family encourages you to succeed is because they want their genes to survive down the generations - just like any organism on this planet (humans are no exception) are fundamentally just trying to spread their genes as much as possible. Of course humans have this complex system called "society" where we have "families" - other animals also have similar social systems, like a herd of elephants, because these animals have realised that groups are stronger than individuals. That is, a group of 10 elephants is more likely to ward off a lion than a single elephant is. Same with humans - the king lets his subjects have families with lesser females as long as they will fight in his armies and defeat opposing tribes.

So yeah, the idea that you should have a family young is not some arbitrarily created goal. It's a measure of objective, evolutionary success. We all know that reproductive health deteriorates with age - the "biological clock". Yes, men can still reproduce into their old age, but only if they're successful enough that they can convince fertile females to hook up with them. Many old men are not successful enough to be able to achieve that.

OP again, I will say I appreciate your post though, but yeah, I don't believe that social expectations are arbitrary. They're not. Evolutionary success is a real thing.

Society doesn't have a clear, consistent, meticulous plan, it's full of inconsostencies and contradictions.
Bottom line, society sets its own goals for you, even if it doesn't know what to do with them afterwards.

I don't want to force you into my worldview, but your "evolutionary" worldview is simplistic and archaic, in my opinion. More specifically, the idea that you have to be so miserable just in order to fulfill a goal you're not even sure is there.
I see mankind as a whole. Its evolutionary success depends on how the whole behaves. Mathematically speaking, every baby is a royal baby. All people are related to each other. This might be a platitude, but to me, it does away with personal strife to pass my individual genetic code (that I'm not even sure is the best ever, even though I'm attractive and smart, I don't and can't know my own future genetic defects). It lets me focus on how I contribute to the collective evolutionary success of MY species on a social level. How I can be a functioning individual who's at home with himself. It's not personal fame or wealth or excess pleasure that will help my species, rather setting a good example for the next to come, not being an asshole or a misanthrope, not being destructive to others or to myself, doing both small and big acts of kindness (because fuck small, go big). These things are also natural by proxy, because they are social. And you can start contributing that way at any point in your life. But hey, that's me, thanks for reading me though.

>to the point that you can't say "I'm 30, it's all over for me now" without sounding ridiculous. A lot of people restart their lives at 30, at 40 or at 60 and get by just as well.
Fuck off. Don't give OP false hope. I have seen many older people tried to turn their life around but they simply couldn't because of health or financial issues. The older you get (and the longer you're unemployed and everything is getting more expensive), the harder it becomes.

Posts like yours tells me you're underage faggot who don't know what they're talking about.

>The older you get (and the longer you're unemployed and everything is getting more expensive), the harder it becomes.

I know that, but that's a different matter than "I can't stand the thought of not being able to succeed at X, so I'm gonna kill myself". If we're talking extreme poverty, we're changing the subject to something else.
It's also bullshit that women won't find a guy in his thirties, who's at least TRYING to get by, attractive.
It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

Don't think about it in terms of who you're currently effecting by taking your own life. Think about the people you've yet to meet who will never meet you because you took your life. You're robbing them of the honor of meeting you, even if you don't see it that way

>I'm going to kill myself because I don't fit into the ideal patterns of society

Fuck it dude. Embrace your freedom. Your society and it's norms aren't some metaphysical truth, it's only what's working at the moment. Move to another country, or go live in the woods, or try starting that business. There's lots of shit you can try to get out of your rut before ending it all because you don't conform well enough to current expectations.

>your "evolutionary" worldview is simplistic and archaic, in my opinion
I disagree because the most modern of science indicates that the most important life goal for all organisms is to spread their genes as much as possible. This is what all lifeforms will do if they are in a position to do so.
>I see mankind as a whole. Its evolutionary success depends on how the whole behaves.
I did read all the rest of your post, and your perspective is a noble one but I would argue that it is against your interests. All organisms, including you and me, are in a fight to pass on our genes. All organisms are in competition with each other, trying to pass on our genes. I would argue that it is completely illogical for you to assist others in their efforts, unless you get something in return. That might sound harsh but that's life. Even people who do charity work get something in return, such as respect, or a sense of community, or whatever. It's very rare that people completely neglect their own interests to try and serve others - and nobody really respects that sort of behaviour. It is obsequious and odd. I think the vast majority of people understand that everyone has their own innate interests in life, and almost always their own innate interest to have a family. Those who say they have no interest to have children are, in my view, wrong. Instead they have just given up hope that it's possible.

I'd urge you not to give up on yourself and your own interests. I know I've been talking about topping myself but if you're still doing pretty well in life and haven't spent nearly 5 years unemployed like me, then don't give up. The "assholes" of the world that you alluded to - why let them win? Either they pass on their genes or you do. Would you rather they win or you win? As for me, I'd love to win, but my chances to do so are more diminished than they were. If you still have a chance to succeed then fucking go for it. Don't let the assholes of this world win.

OP here - while I don't agree with your tone to the other poster, I think you're right that it can be false hope. What were the situations of those people you saw trying to turn their lives around out of interest?

OP again, thankfully I'm not in poverty because I'm on government benefits. Which I think I definitely don't deserve but I was encouraged by some health workers that I should do it, so yeah, that's how it is.

I'm not thinking about who I would be affecting. Fair enough if you didn't read the OP since it's probably too long, but I didn't mention other people who might be affected. If anything I am affecting people badly now by living on government benefits, which taxpayers have had to earn.

But anyway, I don't think there is any "honour" in meeting a loser, to be honest. That's not a "woe is me" sort of thing, it's just a fact.

I mentioned this sort of thing in an earlier post, but the patterns of society aren't arbitrary. Being in a job isn't just some completely arbitrary social goal. Having an iPhone might be a pretty arbitrary social goal; some people think it confers success but many successful people have Android phones. Just as a crude example. But being in a job is not arbitrary at all. It is the most basic measure that you can function as a human being, that you are competent. No women will be interested in dating you if you cannot display even this most basic measure of competence, and furthermore no employers will ever want to hire you because you've already demonstrated that you're incapable of functioning.

I think I can understand you. For me job isn't a problem because the job is joyful enough and I have accumulated shittons of money. But no girl have ever wanted me nor approached. Why won't we share contacts so we'll be able to end our lives together? Post anything you have - Telegram, Whatsapp, Kik, Discord - anything.

Opinion: 30 is so young. You have your entire life ahead of you. Start making small changes. Focus on seeing the world as a more welcoming place because I promise you it is. This is the time to make changes and do things you want to do. Start today. I promise you things can change for the better.

Two reasons:
Society invest a lot to individuals and if an individual ends himself it is just pure loss. Even if you think you are useless you still have literate brain, which is expensive.

Second is freedom. During life you can enjoy feeling of free will which is quite unique in universe where most things are dead.

Of course if you value yourself from "evolutionary" point of view, you can just kill yourself now because you won't have offspring and your existence is burden to other gene bearers. However remember that interest of your genes and your mind can differ.

>Even people who do charity work get something in return, such as respect, or a sense of community, or whatever. It's very rare that people completely neglect their own interests to try and serve others - and nobody really respects that sort of behaviour.
You're not wrong. I'm not selfless either. I want that respect and so should you. There's no reason not to want both your personal advancement and your contribution to society. You're still young and probably as kind irl as you are here, make something of it

That's good you've got an enjoyable job man, and that you've got money. As for girls approaching you, girls don't do that. You have to go and get them. I may be an unemployed failure right now, but I used to have jobs, and I went to uni, and all of that, and I do at least know that men have to go after women - it's the way of nature. Do not wait for a girl to approach you because that's not reality. Men are the instigators. If you've got a good job and money then I'm sure you'll be able to get someone. Do you have many friends? Do they have girlfriends? If you don't then maybe you can try and make more social connections, which might lead you to meet women for one thing, but also having social connections with other guys will just make you a more well-rounded person too, and that will probably give you more confidence to go after girls. Get involved with some sort of sporting activity, or music activity, or whatever you want. Cooking if you want. Painting if you want. Up to you.

As for social media stuff, dunno, not sure I want to post stuff like that on here, guess I could make a throwaway. But I think you should boss life mate, if you've got an enjoyable job and money then you've got good prospects.

Maybe you are right.
>welcoming place
I have found myself in the mental health system during my period of unemployment - which wasn't my doing, by the way. I didn't voluntarily reach out to them. My mum did and they started seeing me. And it did make me think that it's pretty insane that society does actually spend this much money on trying to help people. I guess it's because there are lots of parents out there who want their kids to succeed so they're willing to spend the tax money to support these mental health services. But still, it is pretty good that society does this I guess.

>Society invest a lot to individuals and if an individual ends himself it is just pure loss.
I think that depends. Yes, if you can get someone back on their feet, then it's probably worth it, because they'll contribute to the economy, generate tax revenue, etc. But many people in the mental health system stay in it for life. They're on benefits for life. So they are a pure drain.
>Of course if you value yourself from "evolutionary" point of view, you can just kill yourself now because you won't have offspring and your existence is burden to other gene bearers.
It's not a value that I've created myself. It's simply the only objective value that exists. In 100 years' time, some genes will have survived and some won't. The reason to stay alive is the hope that maybe there is a chance, one day, of having a family, if I ever sorted my shit out.
>However remember that interest of your genes and your mind can differ.
I would argue that if someone's mind isn't focused on this goal then they've allowed themselves to be mistaken or misled.

Yes that's true, both is a good thing to aim for. If we help others when they need it then they will help us if we ever need it. Yeah maybe I should try and make something of life. Think I need to talk to my local mental health people again though because I think I'm going nuts again. Or I need to follow up this volunteering thing I applied for because I just need to fucking do something.

>Why not?
because you're too scared. You're too scared now, and you will still be too scared in 5 years. After another 5 years you're going to realize you're probably never going to go through with it, then see you didn't do anything for yourself in the past decade.

If you weren't too scared, you wouldn't need to make this thread for validation. But here, in case you wish you weren't too scared, here is a Roman philosopher on suicide: emilkirkegaard.dk/en/?p=1999

Priorities of your genes are not "the objective priorities". They are just priorities of your genes. It is nice when they overlap with yours but you are not obligated to serve them.

One gene can exist in multiple bodies, for them you are disposable. While your consciousness exists just once.

Be me, failed out of college after being put on academic probation after 3 years. GPA was like a 2.3. with $40k of student loan debt. Spent years just feeling sorry for myself and did nothing. However, I always was interested in computers and medical field since an early age. Got menial jobs until I could save to take A+ exams. That let me get into Best Buy. Was a fucking Geek Squad nerd in my mid-20s making under $10/hr. at first, but kept learning about IT until I could put an app into a hospital and got a decent tech support position. Slowly but surely I paid off my loans, and I started taking CC classes because I realized that medical was my true calling since childhood. 30s now, payed off all my debt by taking as much OT as I could and finished a generalized B.S. since I was close to finished before entering into an RN program. I squeaked in with a 3.1 GPA but all my newer classes were A or A-. It is never too late. Fuck anyone who says differently. I remember my personal physician telling me that he has a classmate in his 50s. Maybe even that dream isn't impossible either.

Well I was considering it earlier this year, had an idea of how I would do it, and I ended up being detained in a mental hospital due to the fact I was thinking about it. I didn't act out or anything, but some health service people were seeing me periodically (because I did start acting weird a couple years ago, 2 years into my unemployment, and got wrapped up in the whole mental health system that way), and maybe I was too honest with them about what was occupying my mind, so they locked me up, because they thought I might follow through with my plans otherwise.

So I might well do it given the right circumstances. Been trying to not think about it since getting locked up this year. In fact I think my brain has sort of found any excuse to just think about nothing instead. Distracting myself with the internet and stupid shit.

>Priorities of your genes are not "the objective priorities". They are just priorities of your genes.
Do genes have priorities? They probably need intentionality to have priorities. Maybe only complex organisms like animals can have priorities. But in any case, all organisms will propagate their genes as much as possible if they are in a position to do so. And us animals, yes we do have mental states like priorities, which helps us to fulfil that goal of propagating our genes.
>It is nice when they overlap with yours but you are not obligated to serve them.
Your genes aren't separate from you. They ARE you. Just like your foot is you. Your hair is you. Your veins are you. It's all part of you. You are not serving anybody apart from yourself (and I guess your ancestors) if you're pursuing the goal of passing on your genes (your ancestors obviously want, or wanted when they were alive, their genes to pass on as well). But if you gave up on the attempt to propagate your genes, then you would be serving the interests of every random person in the world who is competing against you in the fight for life.
>One gene can exist in multiple bodies
Okay. But your combination of genes is unique to you.
>for them you are disposable
Again I'm not really sure genes have intentionality.
>While your consciousness exists just once
Your consciousness is a tool for propagating your genes. Just like eyesight, hearing, feeling - these are phenomena that have evolved because they assist the propagation of genes.

That's pretty cool man. Glad you managed to sort things out, that's very cool.
>Spent years just feeling sorry for myself and did nothing.
Do you mean you were unemployed and sat at home, that sort of thing? If so how long did that last for? Only if you don't mind answering of course.

there is nothing after you die. its an infinity of nothingness whether you die now or in 60 years. its completely illogical to rush into it

Ok I moreless agree with you except
>Your genes aren't separate from you. They ARE you.
This is old problem, look up "Ship of Theseus". If I lose my foot or cut my hair, is it still me? If I get heart transplant am I partialy someone else?

Also your equation between "you" and "your genes" is way too radical. Because then your clone would be also you. So if your original body expired you would still live in another body. Do you really believe that?

>But if you gave up on the attempt to propagate your genes ...
So if I devote my life to art or if I go to desolate place to plant trees because it makes me happy, is that bad? If I am not fertile, should I just kill myself?
>competing against you in the fight for life.
Only 3rd worlders fight for life.In civilised world we fight for "better life".If you are content with your life you don't even need to fight.
> You are not serving anybody apart from yourself
Nope. You are also serving me because we both share lots of genes.

Attached: FB_IMG_1565942657385.jpg (720x537, 20K)

It's not illogical if you know that you've messed up (in my case, being unemployed for nearly 5 years) to the point where the things you wanted from life (or, the only important things for ANY life) seem to have a low likelihood of being obtained. Because currently I am costing taxpayers' money, since I'm on benefits (I thought I shouldn't sign up to it but someone convinced me to so now I'm on that stuff). This is money that people have had to EARN through their hard work, and which has then been taken by the taxman, and then given to me. So the logic is that I can save the taxpayer lots of money. I have seen people in the mental health system who will never get out. The state has paid for their hospital stays, their rented housing, their food and bills, for years, and they haven't paid it back through income tax, because they're not earning anything. It's noble that society is willing to do this. But I could save the taxpayer a lot of money. Why should I keep costing them money?

>This is old problem, look up "Ship of Theseus". If I lose my foot or cut my hair, is it still me?
Well you could say the only evolutionarily important part of you is your gametes (which means sperm in men and eggs in women).
>Also your equation between "you" and "your genes" is way too radical. Because then your clone would be also you.
Well a simpler example might be twins, but I think this would apply to clones as well. Each individual can undergo epigenetic changes (changes in gene expression, rather than the genetic code itself). Lifestyle has a big impact on epigenetic changes - exercise, diet, smoking, etc. Pic related; tails on the genes can unfold, to activate/deactivate different genes. Also, genetic mutation can happen in one twin (or one clone). So two individuals are not completely genetically identical.
>So if your original body expired you would still live in another body. Do you really believe that?
No. Like I say, from my understanding, even identical twins and clones would have slightly different genetics from epigenetic changes and/or mutations. In any case, we can verify that two entities are separate things through empirical observation. Two identical cars, or two identical rubik's cubes, can be identified as two separate objects by looking at them, and by seeing that they occupy two different locations in space at the same time.
>So if I devote my life to art or if I go to desolate place to plant trees because it makes me happy, is that bad?
If you've already had your kids and you're an old pensioner who can't have any more, then it's fine, because you're not wasting your reproductive potential. But if you're young and can still have kids then it wouldn't be in your interest to throw away your chances to do so, I would argue.
>If I am not fertile, should I just kill myself?
Perhaps the most logical thing to do in that situation would be to assist your siblings, nephews and nieces, since they are most similar to you genetically.

Attached: Epigenetic_mechanisms.jpg (1701x1020, 272K)

Also the last two points:
>Only 3rd worlders fight for life.In civilised world we fight for "better life".If you are content with your life you don't even need to fight.
I'd disagree - people in first world countries are still fiercely competitive. Why do people go to the gym? Why do people work hard to climb the corporate ladder? Why do people buy status symbols that they can show off? Because they want their genes to succeed, ultimately.
>You are also serving me because we both share lots of genes.
Passing on your own genes would serve you. If I ever have kids then they will just be competition to any kids you might have. So it would be in your interest if I didn't have kids and if you did instead. Of course in modern society we've agreed to allow everybody to have families, if they can find a partner, because we realised that if we work together as a cooperative society, then we'll all be stronger against threats (other societies). Same with elephants or monkeys who live in groups; they know that they are stronger against threats and predators when there's many of them, compared to if they're on their own.

I'll admit I keked.

I've written and deleted like five posts, OP. I empathize as much as I can from what information you've provided. I'm on the wrong side of 30, was unemployed for six or seven years, have had many of the same rationalizations about burdening society and suicidal curiosity. I'm still working through it all myself, and I'm not sure I'll ever come out on the other side, but god fucking damn it, I'm going to keep trying. There's nothing anyone could have ever said to me to jumpstart this process, so I'm not going to be arrogant enough to think that I could somehow jumpstart yours, or cause you to have one in the first place. I think there's a fundamental decision that has to be made to want to get better, and you have to make it for yourself.

>Why shouldn't I kill myself?
For tomorrow's sunset. For Chopin's Nocturnes. For a chocolate bar. Life still contains simple pleasures no matter how bad it gets. You've clearly been doing something in those 29 years as you write eloquently. Women won't care as long as you get your act together. Good luck.

no no no

Look, you are a beautiful creature as a human being and you are an alpha by default. right now there are guys and gals out there that are mediocre skill wise but are still making it in life and a lot of the time it's because those people do one thing and that is

FIGHT

its not because they're morally, socially, economically, intellectually superior, its because when they see a challenge they don't give up, they ask themselves "how can I solve this?", "What would the person I look up to do in this situation?", and a lot of the time its those people who push humanity forward the most because their stories are so inspiring. imagine if all people just gave up as soon as they saw a challenge? how far would we be?

I don't know how close you are to your family but I'm not that close to mine and even I have a certain level of pride when it comes to where I come from and thinking about what my parents, grandparents, great grand parents, went through to get me here. I know this shit sounds lame but its kind of like that scene in lion king where simba doesn't get his shit together until he realizes his Dad lives on inside him, and once he finds out Scar killed his Mufasa that's when he finally goes ape shit and becomes the king he always was. So basically whenever i feel like shit or feel like i can't do something I think about how I'm basically a representation of all my ancestors and all their hard work and I tell myself that if I love my family and respect what they've been through and if i respect how much my parents had to sacrifice for me, then that means I have to keep fighting, if not for me then for them at the very least.Think about where you came from.

Also there are times where i feel really happy when im just having sincere interactions with people. do you feel like maybe there is an oppurtunity somewhere in your life where you could help someone? maybe teach kids how to read or draw or sing?

get back out there and fight user this shits not over

you obviously fail to understand what is meant by AN INFINITY OF NOTHING. you're going to get there no matter what. it is illogical as fuck to throw away what you have in addition to that infinity.

Attached: slavojzizek1.jpg (255x364, 9K)

also you need to talk to a therapist or at least go to the national suicide prevention website. i've been there a couple times but i stopped going because i dont sincerely feel suicidal. you dont have to call them if you dont want to you can chat with them first in the chatrooms they have. they are pretty good and they made me feel better. you definitely aren't thinking normal something is wrong. its not normal to turn 30 and think you need to take yourself out of the gene pool just because you think you aren't successfull. jesus christ i see so many goddamn idiots making it to the top through picking their nose and farting in bathwater and selling it on youtube and they are still alive so why don't you deserve to be?

Society is like a jar and normies are like an ooze that fills it. They conform to whatever the jar wants and whatever it's shape is. The jar has changed slightly over the centuries but the ooze remains the same.
That ooze wants you to contribute to paying taxes, to making its life easier. Imagine if you had the capacity to invent something that would take some burden off the ooze. If you killed yourself before inventing that, the ooze will resent you not because you made their life harder but because you didn't make it any easier. Suicide is hated because it makes life harder; it's because it doesn't make anyone's life easier. Maybe your family (if you have any) does have a harder life for a while. But everyone else, the suicide prevention people, the shrinks, and the random people on this site and board, they're only trying to keep the pool of talent as big as possible so maybe *you* make their lives easier.

... *its" shape is.
Damn phone

>jesus christ i see so many goddamn idiots making it to the top through picking their nose and farting in bathwater and selling it on youtube and they are still alive so why don't you deserve to be?
One of the most unironically compelling arguments to suicide that I've ever heard. Just to put another take on it, if modern society is so laughably bad at choosing what it rewards, why should it magically be any better at choosing who fails? If our culture has decided that belle delphine and the kardashians are worthy of rewarding with piles of cash, why let society influence your self esteem at all? It's obviously hilariously inept.

>I know better than society
Cringe.

The point isn't ultimately knowing "better" than society, but knowing whether or not society's values align with your own. Tell me though, for someone society doesn't value, what's in it for them to buy into it? Does it benefit them? If it doesn't benefit them, do they have a moral obligation to feel badly about themselves because other people, whose values they don't share, have told them to? I don't think so. There's something to be said for needing to find some way to come to terms with a society which values shit you don't like and looks down on you in turn, but there's very little real defense which can be mounted on the idea that you should espouse external ideas from a society which doesn't value you.

It's a duty to pay society back. It birthed you. You owe it your life. That means conforming and paying your dues (paying taxes, consuming, and making the next generation).

Sick pyramid scheme, bro.

That's just, like, your personal value system, man.

So it's an eternal life debt to sublimate my personal desires in service of the system so that it can... create more people beholden to it ad infinitum? Even if my natural talents, predisposition, and/or life circumstances haven't arrayed themselves in a way which prepared me to thrive within the system? Is it not possible that the system fails people? That it prepares some people, by virtue of factors completely beyond their individual control, to be fundamentally better off for their entire lives? Is it possible that maybe the hard work everyone seems so quick to take credit for is simply a function of a set of circumstances which shaped them into the kind of person capable of that work? How much agency can an individual really take for his situation, given that we're all irrevocably shaped by our environments starting from a point before we are able to fully process them?

Here's an easier one: for people who have been absolutely, unequivocally failed by "the system," what's their moral obligation to contribute to it? Why should they think that because they get a literal pittance -- just barely enough to live on -- that they are somehow obligated to give back in proportion to people who've had much easier lives?

Cringe
>Is it not possible that the system fails people?
What's more likely: that *you* fail millions of people or that millions of people fail you?
The rest of your post is just typical special snowflake "outcast" excuses to do nothing with your life and be a lazy leech

You really think your situation is so hopeless and unending in it's final misery that there's not even a chance things could get better for you?

If you do you're being unrealistic.

Life always has the potential to get better if no external force is holding you down.

You're not a slave.
You're not a prisoner of some cruel regime
You're not living on the front lines of some war.

>he honestly believes what he typed
There is a fate worse than death, I think.

Matthew 11:28-29,29-30 ESV
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

John 3:1-8 ESV
Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. [2] This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him." [3] Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." [4] Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" [5] Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. [6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7] Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' [8] The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

It is thought experiment:
Imagine that the clone has 100% the same genetic code like you. What do you think will happen if the original died? Will your consciousness continue inside the clone? Yes or no.

>Because they want their genes to succeed, ultimately.
Nah. You are just trying to explain all motivation with your gene-centric framework. People are not obliged to propagate their genes tho. They can give no shit about genes and just lift.
>Passing on your own genes would serve you.
How does passing my genes serve me? I don't even pass my entire unique DNA. My children are not me then. What benefit I will get from passing some of my genes? Why should I even care?

>Imagine that the clone has 100% the same genetic code like you. What do you think will happen if the original died? Will your consciousness continue inside the clone? Yes or no.
what the fuck? who in here could possibly be this stupid

if i saw you in person i would punch you in the mouth you stupid Jesus faggot. those verses aren't even fucking relevant to the situation. get the fuck off your church toilet and never post here again you worthless piece of shit

Here's a better question OP. If your life is already brutal and bad enough for you to die, and I'm not saying it isn't, then you are actually in a very free circumstance. Most people have to live their lives in a very constrained fashion because following the rules (even when it is not ethical or comfortable) is the only way to scrape by.

So if you are ready to die, consider this: there is somebody out there who needs to die first. A drug dealer, a social climbing sociopath, a crack whore mother of 6 and counting, a corrupt person in power, a financier rich off ruining lives, a war criminal.

If you are personally and ethically ready to die, you might do us all a favor and take out someone worse first.

Only quitters kill themselves, and I never met a quitter who couldn’t learn to put the work in to start winning at life.
Most of these suicide threads come from trolls who have nothing to be sad about other than lack of sex. If your value of life is dependent on what you can get from others, that’s a weak way to live.

OP here, thanks for the post man. Yeah maybe trying is the most rational thing to do. Because even if it doesn't work, at least it has a higher chance of success than being dead, which will give you a 0% chance of success.
>I think there's a fundamental decision that has to be made to want to get better, and you have to make it for yourself.
Yeah I think you're right. Also I think I might have to just start taking fucking antidepressants at this point. I don't like the fact that docs have tried to push them on me (and locked me up to try and push them on me) but it's been years now and I'm still not getting anywhere.

Thanks for the post man. Simple pleasures are okay but I think purpose is what people really need. Hopefully I can try and build that. But yeah thanks for the good words.

why kill yourself? Why not do things you wouldn't do if you valued your life/social status? Get a bunch of tattoos, be an internet freak. Make porn. Do a lot of drugs etc. Be an adrenaline junkie. the world is full of opportunities if you don't care what people think or even valuing your safety

I mean it's not always good but it's not always bad either. Half the shit we deal with now is because of people that don't like taking responsibility for themselves or those who pursue shitty ideals to get out of accountability. They can be fixed.

If you are going to kill yourself do it. You don't have any importance to me and maybe your life sucks just that much. But before you do I want you to look at your life so far and find the things that made you happy, made you feel good, and made you feel that look forward to the next day whether it be family, friends, video games, anime, god, waifu, or even small collection of things and ask yourself, truly ask yourself without the second opinion of the society you think (and society even tells you) is shit whether or not these things were worth it. After that whether you continue on for the good things in life or end it all is up to you.

Because you can still take the Christpill

Attached: 1560480415713m.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

>You're not a slave.
>You're not a prisoner of some cruel regime
>You're not living on the front lines of some war.
Given the current geopolitical landscape, I think those may come back sooner than expected.
Also, I live in Yurop, it IS a cruel regime

You should take the Tiamat pill

You had me at "Why not"